What Time Do Speciality Dining Reservations Open For Booking?

jslev9

My wife is sailing with a four-cabin bachelorette party on the Gem in mid-February and I've been roped in as the unofficial travel agent. The bride-to-be *really* wants to do Teppanyaki one night so I know I'll need to book it as soon as reservations open on 10/19 but I can't figure out what time they open. Is it midnight EDT?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jslev9
Changed EST to EDT
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

!!! This is likely the least known thing about NCL.

Don’t understand why.  It’s clearly listed as a benefit of Club Balcony Suites in the NCL website description of accommodations.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Don’t understand why.  It’s clearly listed as a benefit of Club Balcony Suites in the NCL website description of accommodations.

Really? You don't understand why a random cruiser booking a Club Balcony doesn't read all the details of their cabin?

Ok.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

You don't understand why a random cruiser booking a Club Balcony doesn't read all the details of their cabin?

no.

not only do I not understand that, but the logic is upside down. if one buys into the idea that a certain number of people don’t read “all the details of their cabin” (most likely true), then that must apply to all cabins. why only club balcony? and if indeed it applies to all cabins - not just club balcony - then why would this feature about club balcony be “the least known thing” about NCL?

it is… a puzzlement.

15 minutes ago, UKstages said:

then why would this feature about club balcony be “the least known thing” about NCL?

My first booking of a Club Balcony was for the double sink, and a full shower. Only on my second booking did I realize that I could book dining at 125 days instead of 120.

I will stick with my opinion that this is the least known thing about the Club Balcony.

8 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

I guess people don’t read much these days.

They don't, they just rush to someplace they can ask the question (besides Google) and ask, then wait for someone to answer.  Often, the answer can be found faster by doing a little investigation of your own rather than waiting for an answer from others...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IAcruising said:

I will stick with my opinion that this is the least known thing about the Club Balcony

that’s fine and that may be true. but that would be a new opinion in this thread.

kindly refer to your own previous post (#5) in which you said that it was the least known thing about NCL (not the least known thing about club balcony). that’s a significant difference.

if we’re talking just club balcony, and not all of NCL, i think the least known thing about what they call their “club balcony suite” stateroom category is that they aren’t actually suites.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

They don't, they just rush to someplace they can ask the question (besides Google) and ask, then wait for someone to answer.  Often, the answer can be found faster by doing a little investigation of your own rather than waiting for an answer from others...

And, some get quite upset when you refer them to google/search engines.  

Amazing is those who ask "how far apart are hotel A and port terminal B" when google maps will answer that in seconds.

Also amazing are those who ask "what restaurants are close to hotel B" when google maps will answer that too.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Also amazing are those who ask "what restaurants are close to hotel B" when google maps will answer that too.

Sometimes it's in how the question is phrased as well.  I recently traveled for business, rather than asking what places were nearby (I had done some searching prior to my arrival, I like to eat at local places when I travel rather than chains) I asked "as a local what do you recommend" or "what is a must-try restaurant".  In all cases the suggestions were excellent, but getting answers to those questions from Google requires a little more work and reading than just looking at what's nearby.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, hallux said:

Sometimes it's in how the question is phrased as well.  I recently traveled for business, rather than asking what places were nearby (I had done some searching prior to my arrival, I like to eat at local places when I travel rather than chains) I asked "as a local what do you recommend" or "what is a must-try restaurant".  In all cases the suggestions were excellent, but getting answers to those questions from Google requires a little more work and reading than just looking at what's nearby.

Google also provides 'reviews' which are at least as reliable.  

The fact remains that some would rather ask random strangers than using search engines to do their research.  

13 hours ago, UKstages said:

kindly refer to your own previous post (#5) in which you said that it was the least known thing about NCL (not the least known thing about club balcony). that’s a significant difference.

Ok, you are nearly always technically correct, UK. But damn, man. Is this all you do all day?  Look for minute technical errors in other's posts? It gets a bit tedious, in my humble opinion.