Child Care - For Toddler

Sarcastic Mama

If you have used the child care, how is it?  Looking to book a short cruise, 5 days, but would like to hear good, bad, and ugly of child care. My kids were in their teens when we started cruising, so I have no idea how camps or babysitting for a toddler is done. Child will be 18 months old when we go and is my Grandbaby.  Thanks in advance for the info.  🙂  

We've cruised with kids of all ages and the kids club is very good. I can't remember the age where they are let in but I do know that if they aren't potty trained the parents/guardians will be given a pager so they can come change the child. We never had any issues.

• Like 1

Some up to date information about those under 2. The under 2's time is generally really early in the morning before Camp Ocean open, we stayed in the kids club with our 18 month old and she was able to play with toys that they would bring out for her and explore the space. We are early risers so this was perfect for us. 

Hours (time/activity may vary based on cruise itinerary)
Children under the age of 2 are welcome to join Camp Ocean programming and Night Owls during specific times. Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries. Once on board, activity schedules for Camp Ocean are available via the HUB App as well as drop off times for children under 2. During some cruises, Camp Ocean capacity may be limited. 

Sea Days
  • There are limited times throughout the cruise for ‘Under 2' time. During these times, parents/guardians have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $7.50 USD per hour plus an 18% service charge, per child) – or - they can stay and use the camp facility at no charge. This time is designated for the use of 'Under 2’s' and parents/guardians only. Check on board for specific times offered. Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries.
Port Days
  • While in port, parents/guardians have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $7.50 USD per hour plus an 18% service charge, per child), however, we do not provide care during meal times for children 'Under 2'; parents/guardians must return from port at this time.
Evenings
  • Night Owls (babysitting fees apply: $7.50 USD per hour plus an 18% service charge, per child).
  • From 10:00pm-1:00am each evening in the Camp Ocean facility, a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys and room service snacks. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (ages 2-11) participating in Night Owls. Cribs are available if needed.