Check your folios daily

travellingnana

5 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I can usually find a work around for most things.  Want to charge me for a glass of milk?  I'll just go to the self service coffee station and get some from one of the pitchers.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Wow, I never realized that there was a charge for milk, although if you Google the question, it definitely says that milk is included at no charge. 

Just to be sure, I'll be bringing a small bottle to fill up at the coffee station from now on and will store it in the fridge to use. 😉

Edited by MissP22

17 hours ago, 1965 said:

A charge for a glass of milk caught my eye. I've always gotten milk free of charge at the bar next to the Intl. Cafe to go with my cookies. Are they charging for it now? 

After a search on Google it appears that milk is complementary at the buffet but if you should order it elsewhere, there is a charge.

Very strange.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if it's still this way on HAL, but last year DW and I broke away from Princess to try a couple other cruise lines and we happened to board our HAL cruise on the day they changed their policy to require a signature on a paper receipt for every drink ordered, even if you had the drink package.

It seemed excessive, and it was definitely annoying to do paperwork every time you got a drink, especially when you'd paid for unlimited, but it was implemented specifically to combat the volume of incorrect charges they were having to fix.

4 hours ago, BamaVol said:

My one visit to GS last week on our final night was very frustrating.  Who designs a ship with guest services facing a Piazza where loud music plays daily?  Neither the rep nor I could hear the other. Hmm, maybe that was on purpose.

"neither the rep nor I could hear the other"

that rep could hear you - they just acted like they couldn't hear you.    😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

I would order 6-8 glasses of OJ, small, from room service breakfast back in the day of bringing "water" on board😉

You must be referring to the shot glasses that they use now for juice. 

We usually stop at a bar on the way to breakfast & bring one each of those large glasses with us for juice. 

5 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

"neither the rep nor I could hear the other"

that rep could hear you - they just acted like they couldn't hear you.    😁

Well, I’m probably 30 to 40 years older than he, so chances are his hearing was superior to mine. But both of us made the effort to lean toward each other.  He at least made it look like he was trying.  And he eventually came around the desk to speak face to face when he realized I wasn’t leaving without an answer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

Well, I’m probably 30 to 40 years older than he, so chances are his hearing was superior to mine. But both of us made the effort to lean toward each other.  He at least made it look like he was trying.  And he eventually came around the desk to speak face to face when he realized I wasn’t leaving without an answer.

I've all but given up on trying to have a conversation when there's music playing in the piazza. (which is just about constant) 

I can hardly order anything at the IC without having a shouting match. 

• Like 1

Just off Royal, I was overcharged in the shops by $20.00, I did purchase a $10 item at the sale, but was overcharged for 2 other items I did not purchase nor receive, Guest Services and shops refused to view the tapes or app to see that I was not the purchaser, would not give me the items they claim I paid for either and they would only remove the $10 item I did purchase!  I immediately left the area and went to my room after my purchase and shop and Guest Services said I must have been in the vicinity and it picked up my medallion?.   This is isn't the first time this has happened on my Princess Cruises, not happy with this reoccurring theme.

I had Premier Package and was overcharged a dinner and a guest dinner at a specialty restaurant and I was dining alone, they insisted I had a guest with me, I said look at the cameras, contact my Waiters, refused to remove it and other charges, not happy!  

7 hours ago, BamaVol said:

My one visit to GS last week on our final night was very frustrating.  Who designs a ship with guest services facing a Piazza where loud music plays daily?  Neither the rep nor I could hear the other. Hmm, maybe that was on purpose.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I've all but given up on trying to have a conversation when there's music playing in the piazza. (which is just about constant) 

I can hardly order anything at the IC without having a shouting match. 

I hope people are commenting on Princess surveys about the often ridiculous amplified volume of entertainment placed in the Piazza where sound just booms all over the Atrium and makes it difficult to relax in peace and have a conversation.  Loud music is fine, but it has its places and the Atrium should not have become a concert hall.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I hope people are commenting on Princess surveys about the often ridiculous amplified volume of entertainment placed in the Piazza where sound just booms all over the Atrium and makes it difficult to relax in peace and have a conversation.  Loud music is fine, but it has its places and the Atrium should not have become a concert hall.

jug blowin' and some 'strings'? - bonus points for anyone who gets the reference.

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Every time we put it in our survey.  

We also speak with the sound guy on every ship, to lower the volume. Helps a little.  

The Mgr in the IC area also said he gets terrible headaches from the noise.  But, he can’t say anything. 😳  Too bad.

• Like 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Every time we put it in our survey.  

We also speak with the sound guy on every ship, to lower the volume. Helps a little.  

The Mgr in the IC area also said he gets terrible headaches from the noise.  But, he can’t say anything. 😳  Too bad.

I used to fill out their surveys but when it got to be 500 questions, I gave up. 

If they want my opinion, they should be paying me some on board credit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I used to fill out their surveys but when it got to be 500 questions, I gave up. 

If they want my opinion, they should be paying me some on board credit. 

I have the same general reaction to surveys - I feel like my opinion has value so I want compensation - but in this one instance, I like to think I’m helping myself. 

• Like 2

May be looking at protective covers for medallions now - guest services were really surprised that anyone would be charged for milk, actually I think we were charged because I ordered milk for DH rather than double merlot and they thought I was being mean to him. It was so he could take his morning protine drink.

On 9/21/2023 at 2:39 PM, BamaVol said:

I have the same general reaction to surveys - I feel like my opinion has value so I want compensation - but in this one instance, I like to think I’m helping myself. 

Your think. 🙄