Ship Show Vegan Options & Second Sailor In App

teamthodge

Hello all!  We're getting ready for our maiden VV voyage and extremely excited!  As we're both vegans we're very much looking forward to the numerous offerings we've heard and read about, however, we were wondering if anyone knew about the Shop Show food options.

Second, how does one add a second sailor to the VV mobile app?  Or is that even a thing?

Thanks!!

58 minutes ago, teamthodge said:

Hello all!  We're getting ready for our maiden VV voyage and extremely excited!  As we're both vegans we're very much looking forward to the numerous offerings we've heard and read about, however, we were wondering if anyone knew about the Shop Show food options.

Second, how does one add a second sailor to the VV mobile app?  Or is that even a thing?

Thanks!!

I'm as un tech savvy as they come, and I believe since my husband was the second passenger he just appeared in the app?  He has to be there, because that's where you have to input passport information, take a selfie of each of you, say whether you're pregnant, etc. etc.   And don't forget when you make restaurant reservations to make them for 2 (click on 2 head for each one).  I found it all very confusing but somehow muddled through.

But if you really have problems they help you with everything at the dock.  There's a line for that.

Since our ship didn't exist when I first made our booking (Brilliant Lady) I started everything on the VV website, including adding details of "Sailor 2". Once our booking appeared on the app (after being transferred to VL) she was already there. I'd suggest adding the second sailor online and then completing the pre-travel details through the app.

13 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

Since our ship didn't exist when I first made our booking (Brilliant Lady) I started everything on the VV website, including adding details of "Sailor 2". Once our booking appeared on the app (after being transferred to VL) she was already there. I'd suggest adding the second sailor online and then completing the pre-travel details through the app.

The only thing I couldn't do for my  husband, second sailor, is "confirm that I want him on my credit card".  Called and was told this has to be done onboard.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, teamthodge said:

Both Sailors should appear in each other's app if there were two sailors on the original booking. I've not had to add my wife to my bookings on the app, she's been there automatically when we booked our VV cruises. 

2 hours ago, tbmrt said:

The only thing I couldn't do for my  husband, second sailor, is "confirm that I want him on my credit card".  Called and was told this has to be done onboard.  

In the pre-trip checklist in the app there is a step that covers on-board payment, and one of the options is "the other person in the cabin is paying". Upon selecting that for my wife the response in the app was that the other person (me) would have to agree, but I haven't seen where that remains open as a question to be resolved. Just for what it's worth.

Kevin

I have never had a problem adding the other person in my cabin to my credit card during the on line check in.  THere is a box to click when you are doing the check pre-cruise check in on the app.  It asks whether the credit card applies just to me or to the entire cabin.  Then on the other person's check in, it shows that "someone else is responsible for your bill."  There was nothing to need to be done after boarding.  As usual....don't believe at least half of what Sailor Services Shoreside says.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 8:55 AM, cantgetin said:

I have never had a problem adding the other person in my cabin to my credit card during the on line check in.  THere is a box to click when you are doing the check pre-cruise check in on the app.  It asks whether the credit card applies just to me or to the entire cabin.  Then on the other person's check in, it shows that "someone else is responsible for your bill."  There was nothing to need to be done after boarding.  As usual....don't believe at least half of what Sailor Services Shoreside says.

Where is this mysterious box to check?  I'm having the same problem as tbmrt.

44 minutes ago, trippingpara said:

Where is this mysterious box to check?  I'm having the same problem as tbmrt.

On the page of the on line check in where you enter your credit card info, there is a box after your info that asks if this applies just to you or to all in your cabin.  If you check all in your cabin--done.  If you don't, you can add it at check in at the terminal.

• Like 1