Ocean now delivery, room service fee?

shipfriend_max

Hello folks,

since the new pricing from the 12th of August you need to pay the 14.99$ once to activate the delivery.

I know room service costs 5$ per item, if you order it on the telephone, apart from breakfast.

But: if you activated the delivery service for 14.99$ for your whole cruise, do the 5$ per item for the room service still apply or not? As I have the soda package on my next cruise I’d like to order some drinks into my room, as I did before, without paying extra…

6 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Hello folks,

since the new pricing from the 12th of August you need to pay the 14.99$ once to activate the delivery.

I know room service costs 5$ per item, if you order it on the telephone, apart from breakfast.

But: if you activated the delivery service for 14.99$ for your whole cruise, do the 5$ per item for the room service still apply or not? As I have the soda package on my next cruise I’d like to order some drinks into my room, as I did before, without paying extra…

If you order using the Ocean Now feature in the app, it is covered by the $14.99 activation fee.

If you order from room service by phone, that would be a separate charge. That charge is not $5 per item, it is per delivery.

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Hello folks,

Just activate oceanNow once at $14.99 and use it to order your drinks or RS items then no extra charge. Also, use it to have your drinks delivered anywhere on the ship, including your cabin.

If you pick up the phone in your cabin to order RS, then you will pay $5 per order.

Two different things.

this is a stupid question, but I am new to princess ( second cruise, first time with Medallion).  I am just a bit confused with the wording " Deliver anywhere on the ship".  If I am out by the pool, and use the medallion to purchase a drink, does that mean I am going to be charged $14.99 delivery fee? Are there no longer servers roaming the pool area asking for drink orders?   Told you it was a stupid question.  I don't have a problem with walking to the bar and order, just trying to figure our what the delivery charge is for ( I can understand room service, or having things delivered if one is playing bridge)

57 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

this is a stupid question, but I am new to princess ( second cruise, first time with Medallion).  I am just a bit confused with the wording " Deliver anywhere on the ship".  If I am out by the pool, and use the medallion to purchase a drink, does that mean I am going to be charged $14.99 delivery fee? Are there no longer servers roaming the pool area asking for drink orders?   Told you it was a stupid question.  I don't have a problem with walking to the bar and order, just trying to figure our what the delivery charge is for ( I can understand room service, or having things delivered if one is playing bridge)

There will still be servers or you can go up the bar and order in the traditional sense.  If you decide to use the OceanNow service then there will be an activation fee for the first time you use it on that cruise. It is by no means mandatory. The other thing is that you can use it to get free delivery to your stateroom of food and drink after that initial fee -  if you use the phone to order room service then that will be $5 for each delivery. We also found it quite useful if you find a quiet spot on the ship where the bar is closed at that time, for example. And have used it for delivery of snacks when we have a good seat at a venue and don't want to go wandering to the cafe or buffet.  

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

You do not use the medallion to use Ocean delivery.  You use the app on your phone. We never use it just walk up to the bar or flag down a server

• Like 1