Private Tours - List of operators?

Laszlo

I'm looking for a list of private tour operators if one exists. My wife and I did a tour with Colin (forget his last name) in 2010. He was fantastic, we are going back to Bermuda in June of 2024 with friends who have never been there. I told them the best option your first day is with a private guide, spend the second and third day at the beaches etc....

33 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I'm looking for a list of private tour operators if one exists. My wife and I did a tour with Colin (forget his last name) in 2010. He was fantastic, we are going back to Bermuda in June of 2024 with friends who have never been there. I told them the best option your first day is with a private guide, spend the second and third day at the beaches etc....

There used to be an active list of recommended Blue Flag taxi drivers, who were certified tour guides, but it was never kept up to date post pandemic, and because many of the drivers were getting on in years they retired and some probably passed away.

• Like 2

A few weeks ago we had a fantastic 6 hour  tour with Heidi Cowan of Bermuda Byways. She can take up to ten people so it may or may not be private, but she certainly personalizes it to suit the participants. She's a native Bermudian and knows so much history and althouth we'd been to Bermuda many times, we learned a lot!  I highly recommend Bermuda Byways and Heidi.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mushroom said:

A few weeks ago we had a fantastic 6 hour  tour with Heidi Cowan of Bermuda Byways. She can take up to ten people so it may or may not be private, but she certainly personalizes it to suit the participants. She's a native Bermudian and knows so much history and althouth we'd been to Bermuda many times, we learned a lot!  I highly recommend Bermuda Byways and Heidi.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely recommend Heidi https://www.bermudabyways.com/. We have been to Bermuda many times and her tour was fantastic! She knows and loves her island and was knowledgeable about history and facts, I also liked that when we pulled into our first stop she saw two other tours and announced we need to get ahead of these people otherwise we will be crowded at every stop so she changed the order of her itinerary on the spot:)  This was in September this year.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

>>>...I'm looking for a list of private tour operators if one exists...<<<

To the best of my knowledge, NO such list of Taxi Tour Guides exists. Even years ago when such a list did exist it was NOT available to the general public. Bermuda's nuslear launch codes were more widely available (contrary to common belief, neither Gibbs Hill nor Saint David's lighthouses are JUST '..Aids-to-Navigation..').

Almost any taxi driver will offer private taxi tours of Bermuda.. Most are just fine, pleasant, knowledgeable, relliable. Most private taxi tours will run 3-4 hours but longer if requested). The current--2023 fixed rates for these tours is $50 per hour for 1-4 passengers/$70 per hour for 5-to-7 passengers (BUT...expect a rate increase of 20%-25% for sometime during 2024)

bermuda_i00030b.jpeg 

Most taxi tour guides will have their own pre-determined tour itinerary BUT...they can customise their tour itineraries to accommodate your own personal preferences/interests (i.e. art & arcitecture, parks & garden, general & military history, flora & fauna, beaches etc.) if requested.

Private tour companies offering Bermuda tours are NOT licensed, metered '..taxis..', so NOT bound by the government taxi fare rate schedule ($50 & $70) and will be more expensive.

Among regular licensed, metered taxi tour guides--

LEWIS FOGO--

RELIABLE TAXI SERVICE

Email: lewis_foggo@hotmail.com

Tel: (441) 704-2109

SAMUEL O. MATTHEWS

PIECE of the ROCK TAXI SERVICE

https://www.sambdalimo.com/