$50 Shore Credit question

bockad

14 minutes ago, bockad said:

Is the $50 Shore credit good on  excursions booked on the ship or just before you go?

The discount is good for any shore excursion taken by Passenger 1 on the reservation. Booked both pre-cruise and on the ship. If Passenger 1 takes more than 1 excursion at a port of call, they will receive a credit for each. If Passenger 1 takes a post-cruise excursion ending at the airport/hotel, they get a credit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

The discount is good for any shore excursion taken by Passenger 1 on the reservation. Booked both pre-cruise and on the ship. If Passenger 1 takes more than 1 excursion at a port of call, they will receive a credit for each. If Passenger 1 takes a post-cruise excursion ending at the airport/hotel, they get a credit. 

The FAS deal is supposed to be for $50 per port...period.

How could Passenger 1 in your example take 2 excursions and get 2 credits?

20 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Actually, just found this right in the T&C.. 

• The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

• The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port.

Holy wow!

You're right. I just looked up their description of the FAS benefit and it reads $50 per tour.

Of course, their will likely be a small number of days on a cruise when one could exercise that option. Probably none on most itineraries.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

This is correct. The tricky part is finding two excursions that you want to do and don't overlap at all.

I've done this is Barbados, for example, with a longer port stop where I was able to take one excursion at 8am, be back on the ship for lunch, and then take a second excursion at 1pm that was back on the ship before all-aboard.

• Like 2

yeah....in actuality, the NCL excursions aren't a bad deal if you use Latitudes discounts and subtract the $50/excursion credit.  

That brings them down to the price of 3rd party excursions, but you get the NCL umbrella in case something goes amiss.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

yeah....in actuality, the NCL excursions aren't a bad deal if you use Latitudes discounts and subtract the $50/excursion credit.  

That brings them down to the price of 3rd party excursions, but you get the NCL umbrella in case something goes amiss.

We were going to do that for Brugge. With my $50 off and a Latitudes discount for both of us it basically came out cheaper to do the Brugge on your own excursion than to get there from the port. But then the port was cancelled due to an extremely low low tide. 😒

3 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Don’t worry you’re not wrong, it used to be per port when it was first introduced but changed pretty quickly to per excursion. I think ncl realised more people would book multiple excursions with them so they could jack up the prices on everything.

1 hour ago, eileeshb said:

Don’t worry you’re not wrong, it used to be per port when it was first introduced but changed pretty quickly to per excursion. I think ncl realised more people would book multiple excursions with them so they could jack up the prices on everything.

Thanks, eileeshb.

My sanity is saved!

😉

8 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Wrong! Period. Maybe take the time to read the terms and conditions before you slam people. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

If, for example, I booked a wave runner (jet ski) on GSC in the morning, and booked a snorkel boat trip in the afternoon, I would get $50 off each excursion.

Edited by BirdTravels

remember that certain “excursions” are priced less than fifty dollars. typically, these are things like a one hour boat ride, a trolley tour through a tourist area adjacent to the port or a gondola (sky ride) to a scenic viewing area. these “excursions” are truly free for passenger one. and, yes, you can book more than one on the same day in the same port if the schedule permits.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Wrong! Period. Maybe take the time to read the terms and conditions before you slam people. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

If, for example, I booked a wave runner (jet ski) on GSC in the morning, and booked a snorkel boat trip in the afternoon, I would get $50 off each excursion.

Sorry about the error, BirdTravels.

But, "slamming" sounds a bit dramatic for someone merely questioning the information. The use of the word "period" was simply to emphasize what I thought the terms were, not to insult you.

As for those T&C's - when I booked my upcoming January cruise, the terms were per port, as noted by eileeshb above. And that was only months ago, as opposed to, say, years out of date.

6 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Sorry about the error, BirdTravels.

But, "slamming" sounds a bit dramatic for someone merely questioning the information. The use of the word "period" was simply to emphasize what I thought the terms were, not to insult you.

As for those T&C's - when I booked my upcoming January cruise, the terms were per port, as noted by eileeshb above. And that was only months ago, as opposed to, say, years out of date.

It's been per port for years.  I went to Norway in 2019 and it was any excursion then. I thought they'd made a mistake.

They've changed the verbiage a few times since then to make it clearer but it's not new.

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

It's been per port for years.  I went to Norway in 2019 and it was any excursion then. I thought they'd made a mistake.

They've changed the verbiage a few times since then to make it clearer but it's not new.

I will re-iterate what was MY experience.  On my August cruise in Alaska aboard the Jewel while traveling solo I was able to get 2 $50 credits in a single port.  At the time I booked them, my T&C's did say it was per excursion, not per port.