Upgrade yo haven

dmoney16

I want to bid for an upgrade to the haven. There are 6 of us going. Each couple has their own room. The haven suite i want to bid for is a 3 bedtoom. If i win the bid are the other 2 rooms allowed to switch from their cabins they have now to the haven. Anyone ever try this or have a clue?

3 minutes ago, dmoney16 said:

I want to bid for an upgrade to the haven. There are 6 of us going. Each couple has their own room. The haven suite i want to bid for is a 3 bedtoom. If i win the bid are the other 2 rooms allowed to switch from their cabins they have now to the haven. Anyone ever try this or have a clue?

You need to contact NCL or your travel agent.  Essentially the other two rooms would be cancelling and rebooking in your room.  They might be subject to cancellation fees.  I wouldn't rely upon information from anyone but NCL or a travel agent.

• Like 3

Not according to this......

10. If I have two reservations can I bid only once and if accepted, cancel the second reservation and move the guests into the upgraded cabin?
No, if you have two cabins you will need to submit two separate bids and they will be considered independently. NCL cannot guarantee that both reservations will be upgraded. In the case that one of the reservations gets upgraded, you cannot move the other guests into the upgraded cabin. All reservations cancelled within the penalty period will be subject to cancellation fees.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

You need to contact NCL or your travel agent.  Essentially the other two rooms would be cancelling and rebooking in your room.  They might be subject to cancellation fees.  I wouldn't rely upon information from anyone but NCL or a travel agent.

Well,,, the Haven upgrade will likely be a few days prior to departure, so everyone is a 100% cancellation fee. So,,, the question is can you add people to the Haven room after you win it. And will they be full price Passenger 3,4,5,6?

I don’t think this will work, I’ve thought of trying it with our family of 7 in 2 cabins, but with cancellation penalties and risking not being able to move the others, plus I’ve never heard of anyone trying this being successful. NCL cabins all have separate reservations.

• Like 1

We've won an upgrade bid to the 3br villa, but only found out the night we flew to Spain so not enough time to find additional people to join us. 

The prior time when we had the 3br villa we booked it out right, but late in the game before sailing (past final payment date). Booked it with just the 2 of us to lock it in, and were able to add in 2 additional guests a few days later.

So adding people in at the last minute - much more doable than swapping cabins. You can't swap - so as others have said they would have to cancel and rebook, but at that point it's not really worth it as they won't get any money back and there will be a fee to add them in.

Just keep it simple.... ask the concierge for extra key cards to your villa and give them to your other family members so they can come and go to your cabin as they please (your cabin only - they're not welcome in any of the Haven areas beyond your room). They will still need to go to their original muster station for emergencies and such, but you can get extra key cards to your room for family members in other cabins.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Just keep it simple.... ask the concierge for extra key cards to your villa and give them to your other family members so they can come and go to your cabin as they please (your cabin only - they're not welcome in any of the Haven areas beyond your room). They will still need to go to their original muster station for emergencies and such, but you can get extra key cards to your room for family members in other cabins.

I understand why they wouldn't be allowed in the other areas but really no need if you have that beautiful suite!  Would they be able to move their things into it and sleep in one of the bedrooms?

6 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

I understand why they wouldn't be allowed in the other areas but really no need if you have that beautiful suite!  Would they be able to move their things into it and sleep in one of the bedrooms?

Depending on the ship, the beds in their inside cabin are better than the "beds" in extra bedroom. In most 2-BR suites, the extra "bedroom" has a sofa that the cabin steward will throw a sheet over. When our kids were small, it was a big adventure. As they got older,,,, not so much. 

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Depending on the ship, the beds in their inside cabin are better than the "beds" in extra bedroom. In most 2-BR suites, the extra "bedroom" has a sofa that the cabin steward will throw a sheet over. When our kids were small, it was a big adventure. As they got older,,,, not so much. 

They’re not discussing a 2-bedroom, but the Garden Villa where the other two bedrooms are similar to penthouse suites. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wolft927 said:

None. The 3 bedroom garden villa is only on some of the dawn and jewel class ships 

The jewel class ships have a Haven. Those villas are right outside the courtyard by about 10 steps. Dawn, Star, Prima & Viva also offer 3 BR configurations and after January so will Joy.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, Purple_Pig said:

Which ship has a 3 bedroom in the Haven?

On 9/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, Purple_Pig said:

Thank you.  That's what I thought.  I was confused when the OP said they want to upgrade to a 3 bedroom IN the Haven.

The new ships, Prima and Viva have 3 BR suites

881x400_PRIMA-H2-Schematic_10192022.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 9:41 AM, BirdTravels said:

The new ships, Prima and Viva have 3 BR suites

881x400_PRIMA-H2-Schematic_10192022.jpg

Interesting.  I'm not sure I want to sail on Prima.  Viva I assume is the sister ship so the same general ship design?

That's a fantastic cabin though.