Kid friendly MSC excursions in Ocho, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

thesnoopster2

I'm looking for kid friendly, specifically 4 years old, excursions.  

The different beach trips are great because he loves the water but a beach is a beach at the beach for a kid.  Plus with a stop off at Ocean Cay, he will get beach time there.

Some of things we're looking to do is something where he might be interested in animals.  Thinking about stingray city in the Grand Caymans, but not sure about the setup for that.  If we jump into the water, and the water is too deep for him, will he still be able to enjoy it?  Can we jump into the water and then he sits in the boat and watches us play with a stingrays? Can he float in his life vest and get to play with a stingrays? Or does the contractor just dump you off on a sandbar and they come back to pick you up?

Just looking for ideas throughout the three different locations where he can see and interact with stingrays, turtles, fish, he loves fish, exotic birds, etc. 

Couple years ago we introduced him to a dolphin and he liked to watch them but when one jumped up on a mat for us to pet it he freaked out.  Cruise is in 6 weeks so just trying to figure out what to do

We don’t do guided excursions in any of those places but I know Cozumel (surrounding area) has a park that features animals and various water activities. I believe the word Tulum is in the name but I can’t remember the complete name. You might have better luck on the ports of call board where you can expand your search into specific ports. Good luck!

the Stingray city has choppy waist-chest deep water (depending on height). I found it difficult to stand still and I was 5'6 ~150#. They do ask you not to thrash around so you don't spook the stingrays, so there is no "playing" with stingrays. You can touch them and feed them squid and sometimes they swim UP on you, but no playing.

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I know Cozumel (surrounding area) has a park that features animals and various water activities. I believe the word Tulum is in the name

I thought it was Chankanaab or something like that. I am sure the Cozumel port of call board has more info.

36 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

the Stingray city has choppy waist-chest deep water (depending on height). I found it difficult to stand still and I was 5'6 ~150#. They do ask you not to thrash around so you don't spook the stingrays, so there is no "playing" with stingrays. You can touch them and feed them squid and sometimes they swim UP on you, but no playing.

I thought it was Chankanaab or something like that. I am sure the Cozumel port of call board has more info.

Yes, you're probably right! I could be confusing it with another port...they run together sometimes...or maybe it's the margaritas that run together 😂.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, dexddd said:

GC kids always like turtle farm.  

Most definitely... My 8 year old grandson had a blast!  Fish , turtles and of course the Aligator. Plus they have a pool you can swim in along with lunch offerings. 

On 9/21/2023 at 12:40 AM, thesnoopster2 said:

Just looking for ideas throughout the three different locations where he can see and interact with stingrays, turtles, fish, he loves fish, exotic birds, etc. 

Is the following available?....(Grand Cayman)

AMAZING TURTLE & WILDLIFE ENCOUNTER

Code:GCA63

We did this one and enjoyed it. At the time, my youngest was about 5.  

For a beach day take a look at Paradise Beach Club in Cozumel. Have been there a few times and really enjoyed it. Really nice beach and the is also a pool and restaurant. Very easy to take a cab there and back.