Hotels in Seattle

Scrapbookhappy11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/15/2023 at 8:01 AM, NoShoes2 said:

We chose the Mediterranean Inn. Looking forward to our stay.

Have you stayed at this hotel before, do you recommend it?

I'm in between this hotel and the Courtyard Pioneer Sq. They are both about 1 mile from pier 66.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NoShoes2 said:

Is it possible to see the ships in port from the rooftop of the Mediterranean Inn?

The view from the hotel is more south facing towards downtown so not sure you can see the Pier 91. You might contact the hotel.  You will be able to see any ships arriving or departing from Pier 66 which is located along the waterfront downtown.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, destar said:

Have you stayed at this hotel before, do you recommend it?

I'm in between this hotel and the Courtyard Pioneer Sq. They are both about 1 mile from pier 66.

The Mediterranean Inn is in a much better location. Although things have been cleaned up quite a bit, there are more homeless in the area around Pioneer Square due to having more services for them in the area. Not necessarily unsafe but a bit unsavory at times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meander Ingwa said:

I agree that of the two hotels, the Med is closer to places you are more likely to want to visit in  the evening such as MoPop museum and Seattle Center.  Plus there is a Dicks Drive-in right across the way, an iconic Seattle cheap burger joint (LOL)

The one city you shouldn't get offended if someone tells you to eat a bag of Dick's 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious…I booked in two nights at the Level Hotel for an NCL cruise in the end of September. I’ve not found many reviews about it but I liked the fact that there was a full kitchen and two bedroom/two bathroom availability as I’m traveling with a friend (not a close friend though). It’s about the same price as two separate hotel rooms with the added bonus of having rooms together and not on different floors. What are the opinions of those who live in the area - safe for walking? I’m from Detroit and my friend is from NYC so we both know how to be “street smart” but still want to be in a safe neighborhood.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 10:16 AM, tobes said:

Ive narrowed my choices to Ace Hotel, Staypineapple and Belltown Inn based on location and price for a 1 night stay in Seattle pre cruise.  My cruise is in June and most hotels mentioned in these posts are extremely expensive.  Any comments on my 3 choices will be appreciated.

Not my kind of hotels, but the Staypineapple is the nicest. Ace is one step above a hostel.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:09 AM, Glaciers said:

The Mediterranean Inn is in a much better location.

After reading some reviews ended up booking this hotel for 2 nights pre cruise in May, now looking for suggestion on transfer from SEA airport to hotel, other than Uber/Lyft

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, destar said:

After reading some reviews ended up booking this hotel for 2 nights pre cruise in May, now looking for suggestion on transfer from SEA airport to hotel, other than Uber/Lyft

We are also booked in May for 2 nights. We decided to rent a car so that we could do some things outside of town if we wanted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 12:21 PM, destar said:

now looking for suggestion on transfer from SEA airport to hotel, other than Uber/Lyft

Taxis are readily available.

Also private car/driver service, such as Century Car service 

Some great info in this thread.  Answered a lot of my questions before I asked them.

I just booked Ovation of the Seas for June.  Our first non-NCL cruise.  It'll be my family of four.

I've never been to Seattle before, so we plan on coming in 3 days ahead of time to do some sightseeing and catch a Mariners game.  Is everything in Seattle easily rail accessible, or should I get a rental car?  And if I should rent a car, is there a place near pier 91 to return the car that would have a shuttle to the port?  Don't really want to have to backtrack to the airport.

It's looking like the Pike Place Market area is the best central location for a hotel?  LMK if that's not correct.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, kpjb said:

Some great info in this thread.  Answered a lot of my questions before I asked them.

I just booked Ovation of the Seas for June.  Our first non-NCL cruise.  It'll be my family of four.

I've never been to Seattle before, so we plan on coming in 3 days ahead of time to do some sightseeing and catch a Mariners game.  Is everything in Seattle easily rail accessible, or should I get a rental car?  And if I should rent a car, is there a place near pier 91 to return the car that would have a shuttle to the port?  Don't really want to have to backtrack to the airport.

It's looking like the Pike Place Market area is the best central location for a hotel?  LMK if that's not correct.

Thanks!

Seattle is very walkable - most things you want to see can be accessed by foot, bus, monorail or light rail.

Unless you're looking to explore far out of the city, I wouldn't recommend getting a car. Traffic is bad, parking is expensive, and some hills in the city are not for the faint of heart (SF is known as hilly but no one ever mentions how hilly Seattle is in some parts!)

Around Pike Place market is a great central location to see everything you need.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2024 at 7:46 PM, kpjb said:

I work in Seattle and avoid bringing a car into the city. Parking is appallingly expensive, especially at the stadiums. Light rail will get you from downtown to the stadium much quicker and much less expensively.

i use public transit wherever possible. I’ve never felt unsafe but definitely keep my city smarts/radar up. There are no turnstiles to the light rail stations so people get on without paying and then have to be kicked off by security. When I don’t use transit, I opt for Lyft which is usually cheaper and more reliable than Uber. 

• Like 2

I agree with everyone who says dont get a car.  You dont need one and the money you would need to spend on parking could cover the prices of Uber/Lyft or taxis.

The Mariner game ball park is a great experience with a lot of terrific food options.  Go very hungry and bring an adventurous appetite.  The ballpark puts great pride and emphasis on having local , small vendors providing unique food options.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 12:21 PM, destar said:

The Mediterranean Inn has contracted with a car service for transportation from the airport to the hotel. It’s $65 for 2. Booked through the hotel.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sharon2U said:

Has anyone stayed at the Moore Hotel?  Doesn't look fancy but just want a clean place to sleep for the night and it is very close to Pike Place Market.  

It’s a good property in a good location. I don’t believe they have air-conditioning. It’s also a concert venue and if you need to leave your windows open for some fresh air, it can get a bit noisy when the concerts let out.