Hotels in Seattle

Scrapbookhappy11

We always stay at the Marriott Waterfront.  Beautiful views of the Puget Sound.  Walking distance to Pike Place Market and Space Needle.

One of the things we liked the best was taking the Bainbridge Island Ferry.  The day we went in May was absolutely gorgeous.  It costs $9.45 roundtrip and we just took it over and back just to see the sound.  Way cheaper than any of the other tour boats that were more than $50pp.  We got gorgeous pictures of the Seattle skyline.

• Like 4

We always stay at the Radisson Hotel by the airport. Free ride to the hotel. Right next to 13 Coins (excellent restaurant). Seattle Express will pick you up at the hotel taking you to the cruise ship. After the cruise will return you to the airport.

I grew up in Seattle. If you stay downtown, be careful after dark. 

• Like 1

We just cruised out of Seattle on Quantum a month ago.  Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites near the Space Needle...2.9 miles and quick Uber to Pier 91...Included breakfast.  Hotel was nice, aple, clean.  We'd stay there again.

To be completely honest, there are LOTS of mostly chain hotels in this area  I am sure most are nice.  We picked this one for two reasons:  1) Close to port.  2) We had lots of Marriott points to spend.  If we were higher on Hilton points, we would have picked a nearby Hilton product.  If we had no hotel points, we probably just would have looked for the best deal.

We took Uber or Lyft from the Airport to the hotel and hotel to Pier 91.  Actually works out cheaper and more convenient thatn Seattle Express.  For the ride from the ship back to the airport, since we used the very convenient FREE Luggage Valet to take our luggage to the airport and check it in for us...and since we had a later flight out, we just got an Uber/Lyft to Pike Market, killed some time, ate lunch and took the very easy (with no luggage to worry about) fixed rail train to get us back to the airport for $3 pp.  Easy.

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 4

Please, there's no "s" in the Pike Place Market.  Pike Place is a street.  

Remember there are two cruise terminals in Seattle, at Pier 66, right downtown, and at Pier 91, located around 2 1/2 miles north of the downtown core in a predominantly industrial area.  Most cruise lines use Pier 91; NCL is the main tenant at Pier 66.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, RedLightVegas said:

We are going on the Quantum OTS in May 2024 and staying at the Hotel Theodore. It's across from a mall type place and a few blocks to the monorail that goes to the Space Needle. Pikes Place isn't far either. The price was right and it got decent reviews.

We are also sailing on Quantum next May. (May 20th sailing) This will be our first Alaskan cruise. We are pretty excited. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 12:56 PM, reallyitsmema said:

We always stay at the Marriott Waterfront.  Beautiful views of the Puget Sound.  Walking distance to Pike Place Market and Space Needle.

One of the things we liked the best was taking the Bainbridge Island Ferry.  The day we went in May was absolutely gorgeous.  It costs $9.45 roundtrip and we just took it over and back just to see the sound.  Way cheaper than any of the other tour boats that were more than $50pp.  We got gorgeous pictures of the Seattle skyline.

Thank you for your post.  I am doing a little research for our May 2025 Seattle-Seattle Alaska cruise.  I noticed that you stayed at the Marriott Waterfront (a place that we have stayed at before) and took the ferry to Bainbridge Island.  My husband mentioned the ferry to me last night as something to take while we are doing a pre-cruise visit.  Questions:  Was the cost $9:45 per person or total?  Where is the location for boarding the ferry?  and finally, how did you get to the Marriott Waterfront from the airport?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

• Like 1

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/fares/

here is the fare calculator for the ferry system, prices may likely be higher in 2025

Ferry leaves from Pier 51 / Coleman Dock, south on Alaska Way about 1 mile, from hotel.  See Google Map but you cannot miss it.  A sunset ride on the ferry to Bremerton is a treat.

Most people get to the waterfront from SeaTac using Taxi/ Lyft / Uber

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stayed at the Hilton Motif this summer.  About a 3 block walk from the Westlake train station which we rode from the airport.  Easy walk to the mall if you need to shop.  Easy early morning walk down to Pike Market - found coffee (not Starbucks) and pastry at a little cafe.  Ate out at the waterfront.  Then picked up a bouquet of flowers from the Market, looked so pretty in our cabin.  As previously said, short Uber to the port.  Once at the port you will be dropped at the Rideshare area and can make the walk in to the terminal or ride the provided shuttle to the luggage drop off.  One trip we asked our driver to let us run into the Whole Foods near the pier to pick up wine (small wait time fee).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Stayed at the Hilton Motif this summer.  About a 3 block walk from the Westlake train station which we rode from the airport.  Easy walk to the mall if you need to shop.  Easy early morning walk down to Pike Market - found coffee (not Starbucks) and pastry at a little cafe.  Ate out at the waterfront.  Then picked up a bouquet of flowers from the Market, looked so pretty in our cabin.  As previously said, short Uber to the port.  Once at the port you will be dropped at the Rideshare area and can make the walk in to the terminal or ride the provided shuttle to the luggage drop off.  One trip we asked our driver to let us run into the Whole Foods near the pier to pick up wine (small wait time fee).

Thank you for the information about the Hilton, I appreciate it.  A couple of questions:  Did you feel safe walking around especially to and from the Hilton?  We used to live in WA but know that things have chanced since we lived there.  Also, since we will be on a cruise, the train walk with luggage (we have no mobility issues) is an easy walk to the Hilton?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you for the information about the Hilton, I appreciate it.  A couple of questions:  Did you feel safe walking around especially to and from the Hilton?  We used to live in WA but know that things have chanced since we lived there.  Also, since we will be on a cruise, the train walk with luggage (we have no mobility issues) is an easy walk to the Hilton?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

As usual this is just our opinion.  We are 70 and in good health, travel with carry on and personal item which makes train travel pretty easy.  We did not ever feel uncomfortable walking around though had dinner in the hotel rooftop bar so it was all daylight.  A couple folks asked for money and we just said no and kept walking.  And we were out walking again at about 7am and had no issues.  After exiting the train station it is a slight uphill walk a couple blocks, right turn and another 2-3 blocks to the hotel entrance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

As usual this is just our opinion.  We are 70 and in good health, travel with carry on and personal item which makes train travel pretty easy.  We did not ever feel uncomfortable walking around though had dinner in the hotel rooftop bar so it was all daylight.  A couple folks asked for money and we just said no and kept walking.  And we were out walking again at about 7am and had no issues.  After exiting the train station it is a slight uphill walk a couple blocks, right turn and another 2-3 blocks to the hotel entrance.  

Thanks.  We are in our 70s as well so it sound like the Hilton might be an option for us. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive narrowed my choices to Ace Hotel, Staypineapple and Belltown Inn based on location and price for a 1 night stay in Seattle pre cruise.  My cruise is in June and most hotels mentioned in these posts are extremely expensive.  Any comments on my 3 choices will be appreciated. Thanks, Judy

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tobes said:

Ive narrowed my choices to Ace Hotel, Staypineapple and Belltown Inn based on location and price for a 1 night stay in Seattle pre cruise.  My cruise is in June and most hotels mentioned in these posts are extremely expensive.  Any comments on my 3 choices will be appreciated. Thanks, Judy

We seriously considered the Staypineapple having stayed in another microhotel on another stay in Seattle. Looks fun! Let us know your thoughts if you choose that one.

@tobes  

We live not too far from the Belltown Inn. It’s a good hotel and near many restaurants one block down on 2nd Ave.  It’s a 4 block walk to the NCL/Oceania Pier from there.  If not cruising on NCL you might consider the Mediterranean Inn on Lower Queen Anne. Also near many restaurants and one of the closest hotels to Pier 91 where the rest of the lines depart from.

Edited by Glaciers
  • Like 2