Excursion Cancelled

Tedferg

On our Oct 2023 Trans Pacific we are told the Oct 10 Tahiti Papeete excursion has been cancelled 'for operational reasons'. Princess site has just changed to say 'No Excursions for this port'. Any Ideas?

ETA I wondered why they would cancel all excursions. Possible problem with one provider or transport etc. But to cancel all excursions made me wonder.

Edited by Tedferg

Thanks Ken, I did post on Roll Call and there was a Tauranga excursion too. So wondered if there might be a more general reason, no problem, I will ask at excursion desk when we board. Also the other excursions for that day now show on Princess site, 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

My mistake, I had cancelled and booked a different excursion a week or more ago and the email was about the cancelled one/ I over reacted because I saw other cancelled excursions. 😞

I understand. It’s a shame we have to keep checking our records, cabins, excursions, etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I understand. It’s a shame we have to keep checking our records, cabins, excursions, etc.

Especially when the email from Princess says "Emergency Notification". I started a Chat session and eventually noticed the excursion number was for original excursion.

9 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks Ken, I did post on Roll Call and there was a Tauranga excursion too. So wondered if there might be a more general reason, no problem, I will ask at excursion desk when we board. Also the other excursions for that day now show on Princess site, 

Was the Tauranga one to Hobbiton? Ours was cancelled in April 2024. Of course we haven't been notified yet but it has disappeared from excursions list.

7 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Was the Tauranga one to Hobbiton? Ours was cancelled in April 2024. Of course we haven't been notified yet but it has disappeared from excursions list.

I thought the construction project was due to be through November 2023?  Maybe it’s extended.  

Maybe try…

https://www.hobbitontours.com/

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I thought the construction project was due to be through November 2023?  Maybe it’s extended.  

Maybe try…

https://www.hobbitontours.com/

We've re-booked through Shore Trip and Tours for the Hobbiton Express. I read in our roll call that the 3rd party tour carrier decided NOT to do any cruise excursions. Might be Princess is looking at securing a new vendor but in the meantime we booked this tour.

• Like 1