Equinox Cabin Question

MikeyB

Hello,

Trying to help my sister who wishes to sail on the Equinox in January.  It's a 9 night sail with 4 sea days.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Sunset Veranda staterooms?  Specifically, the cabin is on the Continent deck (6312).

Thank you in advance!

Mike

We like SV cabins and the view of the wake.  A few things to consider:

-there is very little shade on the balcony

-the guests on the SV's on all the Decks above can look down into the balconies     below unless you are sitting near the balcony door

-it is a long walk to the elevators/stairs

We have a SV booked on the Ascent in January so the above do not stop us.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

In addition to other points mentioned,  if there is motion to be felt, it is felt more all the way aft or forward. With a lot of sea days that could be a consideration for anyone prone to seasickness.  

Also, on some ships, the aft cabins can be prone to vibration and shaking from the propellers. It happened to us once on a Radiance class ship on RCL so we've never booked them again.

Lovely cabins/balconies at the aft.  Agree with all comments above; the only thing I would add is simply to check for soot/put a towel on the chair before sitting out on the balcony.  Of course I discovered this while wearing white capris.... 🙄😂

• Like 1

Hi! We just got back from the ABC islands and had the Sunset Veranda- #8344. Am I glad we booked it? Yes. Would I book it again- No. The view was spectacular. The sun was constant. It was shaded in early morning and obviously at dark. Our cabin was sooo hot during the day. Curtains had to be closed and were suggested to keep them  close because the  air conditioner couldn’t keep up. Smelled the soot a couple times but didn’t bother us. Heard people late at night from the bars above  but that didn’t bother us either. The walk from elevator I didn’t think was too bad if you used the elevator but we  took the steps until last day. I got 15-16,000 steps in almost everyday.  Maybe in cooler  months it would have been better but we won’t be booking it again.  

• Like 1