Suite concierge on non-Royal class ships

Colorado Coasty

6 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

I had read that there was going to be a concierge for suite guests on other than Royal class ships. Does anybody have information about this?

Can you provide the link to where you read this? Also, what service would a concierge provide to suite guests? We’re going to be in suites on our upcoming cruises on the CB, Sapphire, and Grand and don’t want to miss out on anything. 

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Can you provide the link to where you read this? Also, what service would a concierge provide to suite guests? We’re going to be in suites on our upcoming cruises on the CB, Sapphire, and Grand and don’t want to miss out on anything. 

I'm sorry that I don't remember where I read it. It was to happen before the end of the year, just a concierge without a lounge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the Emerald in May.  Spoke to the Loyalty and Events Officer.  I have been spreading the rumors (lol).  L&E officer would become the Event's Manager Officer.  He/she would be in charge of all events onboard the ship:  Meet and Greet, weddings, etc.  The Loyalty end would be given over to O.N.E Future Cruise Planning department.  This was all to take place sometime during the summer 2023.

I boarded the Caribbean Princess for a July/August cruise.  Sylviya was the Event's Officer (aka concierge contact).  She and I had contact almost daily for this or that.  She does not have a public office space and you will need to contact her via the Customer Service Desk.  I really didn't have anything that I needed her to do for me.  We talked about my next cruise Meet and Greet (she said she will still be onboard...we'll see).  We talked about my refrigerator that never cooled.  We met in the hallway and at Sabatini's.  She tracked me down when I was in isolation for covid.  If there was anything that you specifically needed help with, she was your go to person.  

We did not have a separate lounge, but we had a very nice cocktail hour with the officers to mingle with.  

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

27 minutes ago, memoak said:

This has been a rumor for several months.  When I was on the Discovery the concierge said they were considering using the old loyalty managers as concierge’s to help but there would not be a lounge area

• Like 2

We just got off the Emerald and you had to go to the customer service desk like everyone else. There is a sign for suites and elites. There used to be a red roped line. The personnel does not favor suites and in fact is rude. Next time we will only take a Princess cruise that has a suite concierge and lounge.

I was also on the Emerald and had wonderful service from the suite/elite line.  Did you ask them if there was a concierge available?  I didn't need any concierge service.  That's why Princess has many ships.  I won't cruise on a Royal Class ship, even though they have a lounge.

On 9/23/2023 at 6:43 PM, Treasure Hunter said:

We just got off the Emerald and you had to go to the customer service desk like everyone else. There is a sign for suites and elites. There used to be a red roped line. The personnel does not favor suites and in fact is rude. Next time we will only take a Princess cruise that has a suite concierge and lounge.

Then you will need a Royal Class ship 🙂

• Like 1