Tours in Carbo , Vallarta and Mazatlan

Katejack

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  When I am visiting a port for the first time, I usually book the most basic city/port tour offered by the ship.  Otherwise, you can join the Roll Call for your cruise and see if anyone is organizing tours.  Lastly, or maybe it should be first…visit the Ports of Call board here for Mexican Riviera.  EM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katejack said:

Hi , my husband and I are enquiring re tours in Carbo , Mazatlan and Vallarta. We are both early 60s  , more city tours than adventurous 

Hello @Katejack and welcome to Cruise Critic!

Thank you for your new topic on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns specific Ports of Call and is off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your new topic to the Ports of Call - Mexican Riviera forum where it will be on topic. The ports are Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have visited any of those ports frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are glad you are posting on our boards! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various forums. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Be sure to find and post on the Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date for your cruise. Please click What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships. 

Your fellow Roll Call members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread. Especially those that have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before. Also, the specific Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date is the ONLY place on the Cruise Critic message boards where you and your fellow Roll Call thread members are allowed to post personal ads about sharing private tours, excursions or transportation with each other to save money. There is a "captive audience" there since you are all sailing together!

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! Make YOUR voice heard. Your honest cruise review will influence next year's Cruisers' Choice award winners and help others choose the right sailing. See How To: Submit a Member Review.

sincerely hope this will be helpful to someone new to posting on our message boards. We are so glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi KateJack,

I visited Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlán last year for the first time. If you are up for a walk, I find these cities easy to navigate to exploring touristy attractions. 

I followed a 5-mile route to see some landmarks, beaches, art, and more.

If you are interested, I wrote two articles on my personal blog (see links below)

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan

Enjoy your visit!

Marie

Picture1.png

MAPS.PNG

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...