current menu solstice for MDR and OVC

pyffii

There are no menus that I have ever seen for the Oceanview.

You can go to the app and select the current sailing for the Solstice and you will find the menus.  For your sailing the order may be different but you will at least see the current menus.

• Like 1

We are not sailing until December 2024 and with the current views on the “free dining options “ being invariably poor trying to decide if we should cancel….problem is we are a party of 6 adults and 5 children and so it’s an expensive cruise notwithstanding the headline booking price

3 minutes ago, pyffii said:

We are not sailing until December 2024 and with the current views on the “free dining options “ being invariably poor trying to decide if we should cancel….problem is we are a party of 6 adults and 5 children and so it’s an expensive cruise notwithstanding the headline booking price

By “current views” do you mean reviews?  If so remember that this site is called Cruise “Critic” many post to complain but less than 10% of passengers are on these sites.  

Unless there is a reason to cancel now by not read some reviews ( not just posts on this board) and get a broader view.  In the meantime check out alternstives.  It seems most cruises lines have been makes cuts in food, service and/or entertainment.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply….found some menus via the app and choices are somewhat limited but we could all get by I think….next thing is whether the choices as described are up to standard but that’s something that we can handle once onboard…many thanks again 

1 hour ago, pyffii said:

There are no menus for the Oceanview Cafe which is a daily changing buffet. Your sailing is over a year from now, so it’s possible there could be some menu changes between now and then, so I wouldn’t rely on what’s on the app today or even 6 months from now. 

• Like 2

I understand the buffet concept  and I guess what I was trying to ascertain was the variety and quality of the buffet….and I realise that there maybe more changes over the coming 12 months that may indeed reverse the current spiral to the bottom….fingers crossed for a positive improvement 

With the cruise so far out, why not focus on all the positives..dining  and menus  may change  and quality can vary for  each ship and sailing.

Maybe splurge by booking 2 tables at a Specialty venue all can enjoy..Once u board ask maitre d if you can be seated adjacently. 

Not sure what specialty is on Solstice but Lawn Club Grill, Petit Chef or Tuscan might be fun!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pyffii said:

Thanks for the reply….found some menus via the app and choices are somewhat limited but we could all get by I think….next thing is whether the choices as described are up to standard but that’s something that we can handle once onboard…many thanks again 

We just got off the Silhouette and found the menu for MDR very repetitive compared to the menu we had in June, but what we had was of good quality just hope you like pork and chicken.

10 hours ago, hcat said:

With the cruise so far out, why not focus on all the positives..dining  and menus  may change  and quality can vary for  each ship and sailing.

Maybe splurge by booking 2 tables at a Specialty venue all can enjoy..Once u board ask maitre d if you can be seated adjacently. 

Not sure what specialty is on Solstice but Lawn Club Grill, Petit Chef or Tuscan might be fun!

Lawn Club Grill is only on the Reflection and Silhouette

thanks for all the updates and it seems the constant theme is repetition and variable quality in the MDR...We quite like the buffet so fingers crossed we can all get some variation at the Oceanview Cafe....the grandkids should be ok with the Mast Grill although some reviews suggest otherwise...Pity that the food standards have dropped to where mediocre is now acceptable....And as we're paying for 11 guests not an option to go specialty dining I'm afraid

2 hours ago, pyffii said:

thanks for all the updates and it seems the constant theme is repetition and variable quality in the MDR...We quite like the buffet so fingers crossed we can all get some variation at the Oceanview Cafe....the grandkids should be ok with the Mast Grill although some reviews suggest otherwise...Pity that the food standards have dropped to where mediocre is now acceptable....And as we're paying for 11 guests not an option to go specialty dining I'm afraid

Food is subjective. As many bad reviews you are reading, on other social media sites people are praising how wonderful the food has been on their recent cruises. Maybe you should book a land based vacation so you would have many more choices of where to eat, as it seems food seems to be a very big concern for you.