luggage

nancy1031

2 hours ago, nancy1031 said:

my suitcase is 32" wide, 20" high, on carnivals website, says it should be 16" high and 24" wide, can i still bring mine for my 7 day cruise? Thanks for your help!

OK, so the "wide" vs "high" thing might be what's confusing the issue.

Carnival wants suitcases that fit through their x-ray/scanner, so the two smallest dimensions need to be within 24" (the width of the opening to the machine) and 16" (the height of the opening) - they don't state the "length".  In theory you can run a six-foot-long item through there.  If your suitcase is 32"x20" in two of your dimensions, I bet it is about 12" to 14" in the last dimension.  Which means it is 20" wide and 14" high, so you are fine.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Only size restrictions is your carry on so it fits thru the scanner. Hope you and your luggage have a great cruise! 

Which is weird, because after a certain time pre-sailing, porter services are no longer available and you must carry all luggage with you as carry-on.  If a large suitcase doesn't fit through the X-ray scanner....what then?   Is it checked manually?  

Just now, Pellaz said:

Which is weird, because after a certain time pre-sailing, porter services are no longer available and you must carry all luggage with you as carry-on.  If a large suitcase doesn't fit through the X-ray scanner....what then?   Is it checked manually?  

Interesting question. I guess they may just ask you to open it and they just quickly manually search it.

• Like 1