Hawaii shoulder-month cruising with Princess

marcushart

Hi! I tried to do my research but I'm getting mixed experiences (which might just be the answer as well). Asking here for even more feedback. I was recently refunded by Princess and this will allow me to sail her again in 2024 or 2025 with this credit.

The Grand Princess will sail September-October 2024 and January-March(into April) 2025. Debating which shoulder months will give me higher chances at calm seas on the journey there. I'm leaning towards September/October but I was told March/April is similar. Let me know your thoughts!

RT from Los Angeles

Edited by marcushart

We live just outside of LA and did the RT Hawaii cruise for Christmas when our kids were younger for several years. Most of those trips were pretty rough going in and out of LA, one in particular when there was a big storm. Once we got closer to Hawaii it was lovely. We hadn't had a lot of winter storms for many years up to last year when we broke records and it is expected we are heading into an El Nino which means we could have some stormy years ahead. Jan - Mar tends to be the height of our rainy season if we are having one but September and October in SoCal tend to be really lovely and less likely to bring rain. So, without benefit of a crystal ball, but just based on being a lifelong resident I would say your best bet for nicer weather would be the Sept - Oct timeframe if you can make it work. March can still have late storms - we saw that last year. But that being said, given our experience cruising end of Dec beginning Jan for our holiday cruises, even when the seas are rough it is a great trip.

• Like 1