Complimentary dining?

chicago or bust

Buffet, Taste, Savor, Manhattan Room (or whatever the large MDR is on your ship), The Local, O'Sheehan's.

You can also go to the NCL website and look at the 'dining' section for your ship, you should be able to tell the difference...

• Like 1

Taste, Savor and the main dining room (name varies) are all included and they will all have the same menu.  The difference is the physical space.  O’Sheehan’s or The Local (name varies on different ships, it’s the same pub type food) is also included, as well as the buffet.  Sometimes there will be food in the afternoon on the observation deck if your ship has one, and that is also included.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chicago or bust said:

What restaurants are free of charge? Savor or which mdr? Or does every restaurant besides the buffet have an upcharge cost?  Thank you in advance if anyone knows I'd appreciate any info. 

Happy cruising 🛳 

A little time spent on the NCL website and you'd have your answers. And you'll probably find answers to questions you didn't know you had yet!! Happy Cruising!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chicago or bust said:

What restaurants are free of charge? Savor or which mdr? Or does every restaurant besides the buffet have an upcharge cost?  Thank you in advance if anyone knows I'd appreciate any info. Happy cruising 🛳 

It really depends on the ship. The bigger ships have 3 Main Dining Rooms Taste/Savor/Manhattan Room/Tropicana Room which are all complimentary and serve the same menu nightly. The Local/O'Shehan's is 24/7 complimentary bar and grill. The Garden Cafe Buffet. On ships with an Observation Lounge, there is usually breakfast and a light lunch/snacks (Encore, Joy, Bliss, Prima, Viva). On some ships the American Diner will have a breakfast buffet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

and some ships (at least the Pearl, Breakaway and Getaway) have complimentary Asian restaurant 

My wife and I will be on the breakaway  this coming March for are honeymoon.  Knowing this we will definitely plan on going to taste or savor, and the Asian restaurant for sure. Thanks again to all fellow cruisers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chicago or bust said:

My wife and I will be on the breakaway  this coming March for are honeymoon.  Knowing this we will definitely plan on going to taste or savor, and the Asian restaurant for sure. Thanks again to all fellow cruisers!

Congratulations! 

Breakaway Complimentary Dining:

Manhattan Room - nicest and biggest dining room with live music during dinner (our only choice for MDRs)

Taste - Smaller main dining room (sometimes with more families)

Savor - Smaller main dining room (sometimes with more families)

Garden Cafe Buffet - Wide selection of international foods

O'Shehan's - 24/7 dining/pub food - good for those midnight chicken wings

Shanghai - Asian food

FWIW The following is a link to my live post from the Breakaway last fall. There's some pics and information on the ship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chicago or bust said:

The Manhattan Room also is an MDR on the Breakaway.  Taste and Savor both feel like a traditional land side restaurant.  The Manhattan Room is more of your traditional cruise MDR.  A large open space with tables throughout.   There is also a dance floor with live music and show dancers performing on some nights.  

Also, don't overlook O'Sheehan's.  Its also free with bar/pub food available with a late night menu also.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Definitely stop by Shanghai.  I've always loved it, and for the longest time, I didn't see it get much love here on on CC.  I'm happy to see more people hype it up

LOVE Shanghai!!! The line is already absurdly long, so telling more people about it is ok now ahha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, chicago or bust said:

I was on breakaway this past January . I checked into the Asian restaurant and found out people lined up early  they fill the place up then start serving and they allow like an hour or so for the whole process (food brought out over time) I went and got in line one hour before they opened. While we were eating the next group was already in line.

so my point it is very popular. Also very good!

• Like 1