Is United the new Southwest Airlines ?

Dolebludger

5 hours ago, SelectSys said:

I am not sure if you are being facetious or stating your true opinion.  However, I like Southwest although I don't understand why they are still considered "low cost" by some these days.

I understand that they aren't the lowest cost provider anymore. What I like is their flexibility. I can book a ticket and if my circumstances change, no problem.  What I was doing is lampooning the OP.

Yes, I fly SWA way more than any other airline. I like them.

20 hours ago, jsglow said:

I fly SWA way more than any other airline. I like them.

WN is my number #3 airline after AA and AS for domestic US travel.  I actually used to fly on WN more but AS has dramatically improved their service in San Diego providing a credible alternative to Southwest for many destinations.

16 hours ago, SelectSys said:

WN is my number #3 airline after AA and AS for domestic US travel.  I actually used to fly on WN more but AS has dramatically improved their service in San Diego providing a credible alternative to Southwest for many destinations.

We like Alaska a lot and fly them when we see family out in Seattle. Still, from the Midwest they're not a practical alternative most times. They have certainly upped their game on the west coast.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 8:05 PM, jsglow said:

I understand that they aren't the lowest cost provider anymore. What I like is their flexibility. I can book a ticket and if my circumstances change, no problem. 

If I'm not mistaken, when you cancel you get a flight credit, not an actual refund.  Other airlines, Delta for instance, now allow free cancellations as well.  As in, they no longer add a fee to change/cancel. 

In other words, Southwest isn't necessarily the only carrier providing this kind of flexibility.

• Like 1