Port of Miami to FLL

GleeFrog

Flights out of FLL are cheaper for me, but also leave earlier. We arrive in port at 7am on Saturday and the flight leaves FLL at 12:35pm. I know normally anything after 12 should be safe but since I'm coming from the Miami port instead of the Ft. Lauderdale port I wasn't sure if that was still enough time. 

27 minutes ago, GleeFrog said:

Flights out of FLL are cheaper for me, but also leave earlier. We arrive in port at 7am on Saturday and the flight leaves FLL at 12:35pm. I know normally anything after 12 should be safe but since I'm coming from the Miami port instead of the Ft. Lauderdale port I wasn't sure if that was still enough time. 

You shouldn't have any trouble making that flight with only one caveat:  if your ship is arriving in the US for the first time after a season sailing outside the US (usually in the fall), the ship and the crew will be subject to additional inspections often delaying disembarkation and creating chaos. 

6 minutes ago, GleeFrog said:

Thanks for the warning! This is a roundtrip from Miami and the cruise before mine is from NY to Miami so that shouldn't be a problem. Good to know I can save some money on flights.

I would still disembark as early as possible because I would rather be waiting around at FLL for my flight than waiting aboard the ship to disembark.  Have a great cruise.

Ride from POM to FLL should take about 45 or so minutes - no issues making a 12:30 flight.  Unlike the above advice, I would stay on the ship, enjoy one last breakfast in the MDR, and then get off the ship about 9:00 - the FLL airport is crowded and depressing IMHO.

• Like 1

Any suggestions for reliable transportation to get us from Port of Miami to FLL in time for an 11:40am flight.  We will walk off with our luggage.  We have a party of 6 including 2 kids (will need car seats or okay if it is a sprinter van with seat belts).  We are scheduled to arrive into Miami at 7am. Thanks!

SAS transport for shared van service  www.ridesas.com

Larry's Limos for private service.  The cruise line bus is also an option where no car seats will be required.

You can split into two groups and use UberX or standard Lyft

I would bring your own car seats or boosters to ensure they will fit and have been properly maintained.

10 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Why Larry's?  do you have personal experience?

Looking for  a good private transfer.

We have used Larry's twice and were happy both times.  Larry's is the most often suggest private car service for MIA/POM/FLL on this board.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

We have used Larry's twice and were happy both times.  Larry's is the most often suggest private car service for MIA/POM/FLL on this board.

thank you.

I'm doing advanced planning on a cruise from Miami on NCL Encore.  I've decided to stay at the Double Tree - Biscayne Bay and would much prefer a private transfer between the airport and the hotel.  Also need a transfer from the ship to the airport.  Larry's sounds like it will fit the bill.

3 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

thank you.

I'm doing advanced planning on a cruise from Miami on NCL Encore.  I've decided to stay at the Double Tree - Biscayne Bay and would much prefer a private transfer between the airport and the hotel.  Also need a transfer from the ship to the airport.  Larry's sounds like it will fit the bill.

Love that hotel - some rooms offer a view of the port, the pool area is great, and it's a bit quieter than Mary Brickell or some other parts of downtown.  Several good dining options within walking distance.  A taxi from the hotel to the port should be under $15 on the meter.

43 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Love that hotel - some rooms offer a view of the port, the pool area is great, and it's a bit quieter than Mary Brickell or some other parts of downtown.  Several good dining options within walking distance.  A taxi from the hotel to the port should be under $15 on the meter.

I understand there are multiple dining options located in the basement of the Double Tree.  Looking for  a quick bite.  Nothing fancy.  Maybe carry out back to the room.  We'll be arriving in the mid-afternoon on a Saturday.  Plan on a balcony facing the port where we can watch the ships depart and then watch them come in on Sunday.  Probably do a breakfast below as well.  Can you recommend anything for dinner or breakfast?

21 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I understand there are multiple dining options located in the basement of the Double Tree.  Looking for  a quick bite.  Nothing fancy.  Maybe carry out back to the room.  We'll be arriving in the mid-afternoon on a Saturday.  Plan on a balcony facing the port where we can watch the ships depart and then watch them come in on Sunday.  Probably do a breakfast below as well.  Can you recommend anything for dinner or breakfast?

The hotel in the lobby of the Doubletree is a good option for Carribean inspired cuisine. Pure Vida serves a good breakfast and Mikes is sort of a pub with good tacos, salads, burgers, etc. Lots of places for carry out if that's what you want.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 3:39 PM, lovewine said:

Any suggestions for reliable transportation to get us from Port of Miami to FLL in time for an 11:40am flight.  We will walk off with our luggage.  We have a party of 6 including 2 kids (will need car seats or okay if it is a sprinter van with seat belts).  We are scheduled to arrive into Miami at 7am. Thanks!

SAS Transportation or Jiffy Jeff Transportation 

I have reserved MJS Transportation for our return from Port of Miami to FLL for Oct. 23rd.  Our flight is at 12:25 p.m.  As it is just my husband and me this time, this was the most cost-effective option.  When traveling with a group, we have used Larry's Limos which was excellent.  We used them in Oct. 2022.