Custom Air- Should I be worried?

marion10

25 minutes ago, marion10 said:

Now Turkish air says my ticket was canceled.Oceania says they cannot do anything until Turkish air notifies them. Who can I escalate this to?

Supervisor in air dept

If you have a TA   they have the right contacts  at O

Turkish air is good.  We took it going on a land tour. 

However, if you use Oceania Air , you may find your flights are crazy.  Took cruise from Southampton, uk to Oslo.  Going we flew PHL to FRA on Eurowings discovery. Worst airline ever!  FRA to LGW.  2 hour bus ride to Southampton.  Going home we flew OSL to AMS to MSP to PHL. Lost luggage, delayed planes, etc. made the trip an adventure.  We made it to the ship 2 hours before it sailed.  Going home the plane from AMS to MSP was delayed. We were told when we checked in in Oslo that it was unlikely we would get home that day.  Hotel vouchers were issued to be used in MSP. Thankfully Delta held the plane going to PHL.  Alls well that ends well.  We saved money letting O book our flights. Not sure the stress was worth it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Turkish air is good.  We took it going on a land tour. 

However, if you use Oceania Air , you may find your flights are crazy.  Took cruise from Southampton, uk to Oslo.  Going we flew PHL to FRA on Eurowings discovery. Worst airline ever!  FRA to LGW.  2 hour bus ride to Southampton.  Going home we flew OSL to AMS to MSP to PHL. Lost luggage, delayed planes, etc. made the trip an adventure.  We made it to the ship 2 hours before it sailed.  Going home the plane from AMS to MSP was delayed. We were told when we checked in in Oslo that it was unlikely we would get home that day.  Hotel vouchers were issued to be used in MSP. Thankfully Delta held the plane going to PHL.  Alls well that ends well.  We saved money letting O book our flights. Not sure the stress was worth it.

I’ve found as I……hmmmm…..age, lower stress more often is trumping higher cost. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We paid a deviation fee and picked our flights. Turkish air is nonstop from IST to ORD so we wanted that flight. We have taken it before - as far as I know it the only nonstop from IST to Chicago. I have found communication sometimes to be a challenge- but food and service very good. We paid deviation fee to get non stops at both ends. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

If you paid deviation then it is confusing and worrisome why Turkish Airlines would say that the tickets hadn’t been purchased yet 25 days out.

Deviation fees are only covering the process of making the reservation.  That does NOT mean that tickets have been purchased.   The two are unrelated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Deviation fees are only covering the process of making the reservation.  That does NOT mean that tickets have been purchased.   The two are unrelated.

It is still confusing and worrisome that according to Turkish Airlines that the tickets hadn’t been purchased at 25 days out.

1 hour ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

It is still confusing and worrisome that according to Turkish Airlines that the tickets hadn’t been purchased at 25 days out.

Never said it wasn't worrisome.  Just that there is no linkage between payment, either of a deviation fee or the full cruise fare, and having an airline ticket issued.

At least when you buy direct from the carrier, you have the ticket right then and there.

• Like 3