How does Princess insurance work with covid?

Kitty Ellas Mom

Unfortunately I caught covid on my 10 day cruise and have to quarantine the last 5 days.I bought Princess standard insurance.  Medical told me many times that all my meds and Dr visits will be covered. I got the bill that lists the diagnosis.  Do I also get something back for the quarantine days? Does princess just do that or do I have to claim trip interruption? Thanks for any advice. 

It is really important to get all the documentation available.  I received an invoice for the medical center visit.  I also paid $28 for my health record (as advised by others).

This is my case (which is still processing).

I opened a claim with AON (Platinum PVP).

I submitted all my paper work to AON AND Medicare.  Still waiting for Medicare to deny my claim (out of US).  Then it has to go to my secondary to be paid or denied.

Once I get those EOB (Explanation of Benefits) I need to forward them to AON to be processed.

This will take care of the medical portion.

On a separate case, AON said I should be receiving a check for the days in isolation.  Don't know whey this is taking so long since they only had to do a verification with Princess.  I'm in no hurry.  I have been told I will get x amount of dollars for my 2 night stay in isolation.  It will include:  percentage of cruise fare minus insurance and any excursions missed.  Not sure about Beverage packages since I could have still ordered them, but was not allowed to drink alcohol with meds.

One of my documents states the time in and out of isolation.  I think this is important to have.  I think it was on the medical records that you have to pay for.  Be sure to get a folio printout on the last night.

Good Luck.  It's a lot of work and patience.  I have time for both.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not sure about Beverage packages since I could have still ordered them, but was not allowed to drink alcohol with meds.

A beverage package is different than a Plus or Premier fare. If you have the Plus or Premier fare, then the beverages are part of the fare and not shown separately on the invoice. The fare also includes food which you still order in quarantine, but they don't deduct anything for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

A beverage package is different than a Plus or Premier fare. If you have the Plus or Premier fare, then the beverages are part of the fare and not shown separately on the invoice. The fare also includes food which you still order in quarantine, but they don't deduct anything for that.

It really doesn't matter if I am reimbursed for 36 hours of "drinks"....since I couldn't have any alcohol the rest of the trip.  Room Service provided me with all the drinks (water/soda) that I wanted.  I was very well taken care of while in isolation.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I've asked 3x for the medical record and am turned down each time. They say the paper they gave me is enough. Is it? It lists diagnosis, dates, meds. It doesn't say isolation but they told me they give those out on the last day. 

Since you are in isolation the last 5 days, that’s probably why they will give you the letter then, at the end of your isolation.  I’d definitely ask for it the day before disembarking though.  

Does your medical paper show what they charged you?  That should be on there and should be good.  Insurance is going to want the amount you were charged.