Current Crew on Majestic?

startedwithamouse

We'll be on Majestic Princess soon.

Anyone currently on board on Deck 14 in mid-aft Penthouse Suites? 

We want to know what country your stateroom attendant is from?  We tip in cash and give them pre-packaged international food snacks/goodies and want to purchase snacks prior to embarkation day. 

Also, who are the current concierge host? Thank you.

We were on the discovery a few months ago and the happy hour in the concierge lounge was great every night. One night they had a party and it was special. Did this happen on the Majestic? We will be on the Majestic in March, and on deck 14 this time instead of 12, so we will be even closer for the cookies and coffee. Also, I know they have cokes all the time, do you know if diet cokes are always available?

@Shaver John Will check on the diet coke for you, if I remember. The little fridge is down low and the door is very hard to open! 

The concierge lounge on Majestic, had the special event last night and yes, it was lovely. Great appies. Pianist provided nice music. It is a very nice place to hang-out, indeed. The concierge is very helpful.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Giving the crew *any* type of food item (wrapped or not) has been discussed here on CC a d the general consensus is that it's not a good idea...I'm quite  sure (my opinion) that they would rather just have the cash. 

also discussed many times, is that gifts are in addition to, not in lieu of cash.  we will give cash and a gift.  if we decide not to give a gift for some reason, we will NOT be increasing the cash.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Giving the crew *any* type of food item (wrapped or not) has been discussed here on CC a d the general consensus is that it's not a good idea...I'm quite  sure (my opinion) that they would rather just have the cash. 

Crew LOVE snacks from their home countries. I'm quite sure you couldn't be more incorrect on what happens with our experience. Have you given them pre-packaged items from their home country in the past and they didn't like it??? 

We live in an area where there are many international markets, containing popular imported treats, from Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, etc.

We like to give these, and also additional cash on top of their included tips, as a thank you for their hard work.

The general consensus on CC has never worked for months on a ship away from their homes. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Crew LOVE snacks from their home countries. I'm quite sure you couldn't be more incorrect on what happens with our experience. Have you given them pre-packaged items from their home country in the past and they didn't like it??? 

We live in an area where there are many international markets, containing popular imported treats, from Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, etc.

We like to give these, and also additional cash on top of their included tips, as a thank you for their hard work.

The general consensus on CC has never worked for months on a ship away from their homes. 

I never said that I was speaking from experience...only reporting what has been previously discussed here on CC. Please don't shoot the messenger!

• Like 1

CriueQueen 2-Thank you so much for letting me know about the party in the lounge.  We had a great get together on the Diamond and I hoped this was not just on one ship. We have taken suite trips a lot, but really just started using the lounge on the last cruise. Not sure why, really just never thought about it I guess, but what a lot we have missed. Oh, well, that is life.

• Like 1