RC and Celebrity loyalty programs possibly merging?

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Andrew,

We have three Celebrity cruise booked but they were done a while ago and the pricing is much better than now, probably about half for two of them.

We also booked Oceania for a TA in Fall 2024 after Celebrity cancelled two on us. Pricing for a bigger room and hopefully better service was less than we had booked on Celebrity. 

Also booked the HAL Koningsdam because of the intriguing itinerary to Hawaii but being round trip out of San Diego.

We have no desire to do a land AI. Rather be on the water.

Royal’s suite pricing has gone way too high,  especially Wonder and Icon. Owners suites at over $20K for two for a week? Come on. Not interested in 3/4 nighters so Utopia is out. I’ll investigate whatever ship comes to NJ for summer 2025, only because it’s easier with the grandkids, but the pricing will probably be prohibitive. 

We are also going to do an MSC Yacht Club, just haven’t picked one yet. Probably Meraviglia out of NY or Seashore out of PC.

Viking has some great longer itineraries, like Amsterdam to NY or Bergen to NY, but their payment policies and some contradictory reports of their treatment of wheelchair guest has us on pause, but I think we will try them at some point. 

I’ve looked at Regent but the pricing seems much higher and the ships are much smaller, maybe too small for us. That was one reason why we decided to try Oceania, the Vista is 1200 people while Regent is 500-750. 

mac_tlc

Thanks Mac.  These all seem like amazing options and I’d be very interested in hearing about Oceania after you have sailed on them. We are very relaxed travellers and the smaller capacity ships have caught my eye. We have done a few AI along the way, and looking at the sea is just not the same as being on the sea. 

• Like 3