RC and Celebrity loyalty programs possibly merging?

Today I heard the rumor that RCI is thinking of merging the RC and Celebrity programs.  Has anyone else heard this?  If so, is there an article on it out there somewhere about it?  (Google failed me in my search).

I really hope it happens, but also hope they don’t change up the program too much 🙂. Regardless of what they do, there is a good chance our 2026 cruise will be on Celebrity Apex- we love new and big (and now- suites), and Icon is out of our price range.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Today I heard the rumor that RCI is thinking of merging the RC and Celebrity programs.  Has anyone else heard this?  If so, is there an article on it out there somewhere about it?  (Google failed me in my search).

I really hope it happens, but also hope they don’t change up the program too much 🙂. Regardless of what they do, there is a good chance our 2026 cruise will be on Celebrity Apex- we love new and big (and now- suites), and Icon is out of our price range.

Provide the source of the rumor.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Just curious as to why merging would be a benefit.  You already get reciprocal status.  Most have nothing to gain by a merge.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just curious as to why merging would be a benefit.  You already get reciprocal status.  Most have nothing to gain by a merge.

For us, since we are very celebrity curious, and kind of close to diamond +, this could be nice (unless they change the points to get to each tier).  

2 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

For us, since we are very celebrity curious, and kind of close to diamond +, this could be nice (unless they change the points to get to each tier).  

5 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

a post on a social media site.  They said that they saw it on a Celebrity site.  But, since my googling was unsuccessful, I was skeptical. 

Here on CC?

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Provide the source of the rumor.

I did more googling, and saw a source, but I suspect the post I made with the link will not be approved.  I saw found a blog post about it just now.  Since I'm not sure I can post the name of the blog, here is what I googled "RCI merging loyalty programs", and it was the second article down.

4 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

No, I first saw the rumor on a popular social media site.  Then, after googling more, I saw a blog post that talked about it.  I won't mention either of them by name here, because I think my post might be taken down?

Weird. So far no buzz about it on the CC Celebrity forum. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

I feel the things I get with D+ on Royal are more useful to me than the perks on celebrity.  JMHO --5 free drinks anytime, balcony discount and although I have not used it yet the 150% fee for a solo is a very valuable perk.  etc.

I would assume we would merge at our current highest level.  i.e. similar to our D+ on Royal not our Elite on Celebrity.  

I could see this as a way for Royal to move to a more dollar-based loyalty program, If they follow Celebrity model of more points per night for each higher category of cabins. 

I hope this is just a rumor. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I feel the things I get with D+ on Royal are more useful to me than the perks on celebrity.  JMHO --5 free drinks anytime, balcony discount and although I have not used it yet the 150% fee for a solo is a very valuable perk.  etc.

I would assume we would merge at our current highest level.  i.e. similar to our D+ on Royal not our Elite on Celebrity.  

I could see this as a way for Royal to move to a more dollar-based loyalty program, If they follow Celebrity model of more points per night for each higher category of cabins. 

I hope this is just a rumor. 

We are diamond plus on rccl and elite on Celebrity, rccl perks which you mentioned are far superior to celebrity which we never use. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Matt over on the blog has an article up 

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It is on the R____C___ Blog. It is based on making a leap from an answer to a question asked at yesterday's Celebrity webinar. 

Thanks. CC is the only social media forum I subscribe to. 

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I did more googling, and saw a source, but I suspect the post I made with the link will not be approved.  I saw found a blog post about it just now.  Since I'm not sure I can post the name of the blog, here is what I googled "RCI merging loyalty programs", and it was the second article down.

I've posted a couple of links in the last two weeks from the RC blog site and both were approved.

• Like 1

They have been discussing this since before COVID.  The intention is to give fewer points to those who spend less money, Royal has been very generous in their points and loyalty rewards.  They would like to cut that way back, but at the same time say they are doing it to match their premium and lux brands so that people will feel they are getting something.  Not cool.   Fortunately there are a lot of logistics work out and they have been hung up getting things worked out.  A family friend works for Royal.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

No, I first saw the rumor on a popular social media site.  Then, after googling more, I saw a blog post that talked about it.  I won't mention either of them by name here, because I think my post might be taken down?

Is this the Facebook group that bans people for being less than 100 percent positive pro Royal cheerleaders?  Those admin are horrible.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Its the journey said:

Is this the Facebook group that bans people for being less than 100 percent positive pro Royal cheerleaders?  Those admin are horrible.

The admin is banning people for making ONE negative comment or post.  My question is, what exactly is considered "negative"?  It's very subjective and a couple of people got into a tizzy yesterday over several posts.  Yes, there were pot stirrers that were just trying to get people going, but seriously?  You're feelings are hurt because strangers on the internet aren't being "nice" to you or aren't only saying "positive" things?  I mean, seriously, some posters were beside themselves over really stupid things.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, BND said:

The admin is banning people for making ONE negative comment or post.  My question is, what exactly is considered "negative"?  It's very subjective and a couple of people got into a tizzy yesterday over several posts.  Yes, there were pot stirrers that were just trying to get people going, but seriously?  You're feelings are hurt because strangers on the internet aren't being "nice" to you or aren't only saying "positive" things?  I mean, seriously, some posters were beside themselves over really stupid things.  

It's insane and controlling.

Must be 100 percent positive or you are banned. I refuse to comment, but subversively like the comments of all who question the policy.

• Like 1