Medallion Shipping Not Available?

seagunthera

I just made final payment on a 12/30/23 cruise out of San Pedro on the Discovery and the app would not allow me to have the medallions shipped. This is my 15th cruise with Princess and the first time I've run into this problem. Any idea what is going on? The only option available is to pick-up the medallions at the port.

1 hour ago, seagunthera said:

I just made final payment on a 12/30/23 cruise out of San Pedro on the Discovery and the app would not allow me to have the medallions shipped. This is my 15th cruise with Princess and the first time I've run into this problem. Any idea what is going on? The only option available is to pick-up the medallions at the port.

This has been going on since they announced they would start shipping to Canada and started updating the App.  

Only option was to pick up at the port.  

The last time I was able to pay $10 for shipping was on May 14, 23 in the App.  And that was for a cruise this year.  

The ones for next year do not have that option.  Port pickup only if you’re on standard.

22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

This has been going on since they announced they would start shipping to Canada and started updating the App.  

Only option was to pick up at the port.  

The last time I was able to pay $10 for shipping was on May 14, 23 in the App.  And that was for a cruise this year.  

The ones for next year do not have that option.  Port pickup only if you’re on standard.

Cruise departs 12/30 this year so I'll keep checking the app to see if shipping option changes!

1 hour ago, avonlady6390 said:

If you live in the US or Canada you should be able to ship it to your home I've had trouble with the app saying the same to me keep trying and usually it will be accepted for home delivery.

Are you on standard fare?  Whrn did it last work for you?  You can see it in the history for the

order, on the App.

4 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

My last cruise was last April medallion was sent to home no charge I ordered it before the shipping charges started. Video have one coming up in January but haven't tried ordering yet.

If you are standard fare, try ordering it on the App and see if you have a choice of shipping,

or is it pick up at port only?

TIA

I  just ordered my medallion for my January cruise booked standard but was still able to have shipped to my home my credit card attached to my account will be charged $10 when it ships I'm considering upgrading to plus so if I'm charged I will receive a obc credit which is what others have said.

8 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

I  just ordered my medallion for my January cruise booked standard but was still able to have shipped to my home my credit card attached to my account will be charged $10 when it ships I'm considering upgrading to plus so if I'm charged I will receive a obc credit which is what others have said.

Good. Maybe they fixed it, after several months.  I’ll try it again later. Thanks.

Our cruise is in November out of Galveston.

I could not get out of the "BLUE" lane even though it looked as though we had completed everything necessary.

I called Princess & they said it was because we were picking up our medallion at the port. To get into the GREEN lane we would have to have it shipped. He said he could handle that while we were on the phone.

As soon as we got off, I checked my app & we were in the GREEN lane with medallion to be shipped instead of picked up at the dock !

4 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I could not get out of the "BLUE" lane even though it looked as though we had completed everything necessary.

I called Princess & they said it was because we were picking up our medallion at the port. To get into the GREEN lane we would have to have it shipped. He said he could handle that while we were on the phone.

As soon as we got off, I checked my app & we were in the GREEN lane with medallion to be shipped instead of picked up at the dock !

Yes, that is the way it is supposed to be.  They took care of it….did they charge you $10 for shipping?

Did you have an option, on the App for shipping to home, or only pick up at the port, when you

ordered your medallion’s?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Shippy said:

This is situation normal since August 2.  Green Lane was changed to be only for guests with Medallion in hand.

Edited by Steelers36

We have cruise booked Jan 27. Placed order for medallion’s 2 months ago to be shipped now it’s saying I never placed the order and the only option I have is to order it and pick up in Fort Lauderdale.

strange that the shipping option is greyed out and unavailable o

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dhdoug said:

We have cruise booked Jan 27. Placed order for medallion’s 2 months ago to be shipped now it’s saying I never placed the order and the only option I have is to order it and pick up in Fort Lauderdale.

See my post #4.

I also had ordered shipping, standard fare on Dec 2022 for a cruise 

this year. Of course, it was free shipping at that time.  Then, it showed blue lane, where it had been green lane.  Checking, I noticed the shipping for one of us, dropped off and showed we had not ordered the OM.  It did show previously for both of us.  Now, I had to order it for the other person, but of course, there was a $10 shipping fee.  

Slick, very slick.

I know very well, as in my history still shows, order was for both

of us.

I’m not wasting time calling PCL for $10.  Not worth it.

Now, for my 24/25 cruises, I can’t pay $10 for shipping, because it is grayed out. Pick up at port only.

This is so insane.  I did report it a few times to IT, but tired of that too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dhdoug said:

I assume you are on standard fare?

Did you Check your history on the App?  It shows when it was ordered.  You could call or try the chat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, that is the way it is supposed to be.  They took care of it….did they charge you $10 for shipping?

Did you have an option, on the App for shipping to home, or only pick up at the port, when you

ordered your medallion’s?

No charge but I think that is because we have the Plus ?