Is anyone going on a fun B2B cruise next year or in 2025?

Topdog52

We are looking at possibly doing a B2B the second half of 2025, but most itineraries haven't been released yet. We did a Bermuda and Canada/New England B2B on The Pearl in August and highly recommend that itinerary! We would definitely do it again on a different ship and preferably with Bermuda as the second leg. All those ports on the New England route can be a lot, and Bermuda has some nice sea days. Alternatively, we are thinking about an Eastern and Western Caribbean B2B if we can find one. I hope the itineraries get released soon. Ship Mapper is a great site to track where the ships are sailing each week, so that's a great place to start your research.

• Like 2

We're doing a B3B on the Getaway starting the end of October 2024 visiting the pyramids in Egypt, the ancient ruins in Greece and Turkey, and then heading to Venice before winding up in Rome. Then in late May 2025 we're going on a B2B on the Star out of Reykjavik, Iceland where we stop at Longyearbyen on each leg.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We had one booked where we first did a 14-day Norway cruise out of Southampton on the Celebrity Apex and when we disembarked, we walked over and boarded the Sky Princess for a 14-day Baltic cruise. 

Thanks.  Some of us would still think of that as a back-to-back.  I've even looked at some possibilities to disembark, spend one night in a hotel, and then embark a different itinerary.  I think of that as a "broken back-to-back," but I think I just made that up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

We've been considering an interesting S2S Out of San Juan in February '24 to compare Virgin and NCL's new ships.

• Virgin has Valiant Lady doing Saturday departures, with a southern Caribbean itinerary every other week.  Either 2/3-2/10 or 2/17-2/24
  • Overnight stay in San Juan between cruises
  • NCL has the Viva embarking from San Juan every Sunday, but on the same east / southeast Caribbean itinerary each week. 2/11-2/18 or 2/25-3/3

This would give us a chance to check out two new/newish ships and a different line. (Originally this would have been on the brand new Brilliant Lady, but she's been delayed.  Still seems like it would be cool to try out VV and compare it to NCL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  Some of us would still think of that as a back-to-back.  I've even looked at some possibilities to disembark, spend one night in a hotel, and then embark a different itinerary.  I think of that as a "broken back-to-back," but I think I just made that up.

Taking a broken back to back next August from Tampa, doing 7 day Western Caribbean,  then a night in Tampa, then a different ship 13 days to Boston. Couple of old, small Royal Caribbean ships, my kind of cruise, no reservations required.

• Like 2

just got  off a b2b july 27th thru aug 15th. southampton to copenhagen, copenhagen to stockholm.

currently booked b2b oct 2024. venice (trieste) to athens, athens to tel aviv. planning onspending a few day pre-cruise in venice, an a few days post in jerusalem

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you suggesting that a B2B is not "simple?"  Have you done one?

Yes but never on a big cruise ship. 2 on the old Windjammer fleet, Grenada and Panama City, Panama. I've just read, make sure you have the same cabin, get off and back on to clear customs, etc. 14 dayer none of those worries. 

Just now, RedRover96 said:

Yes but never on a big cruise ship. 2 on the old Windjammer fleet, Grenada and Panama City, Panama. I've just read, make sure you have the same cabin, get off and back on to clear customs, etc. 14 dayer none of those worries. 

I book early, so same cabin is easy (and it's certainly not a requirement)

My first (and only) B2B in April I didn't have to set foot off the ship to clear customs

Neither of those exactly constituted "worries."  Would such things really worry you? 

• Like 1

Doing b2b round trip in Sept 2024 Boston to New England and Canada.  Doing b2b round trip in July 2025 NYC to Reykjavik hoping to get to Greenland on one of the cruises since I missed it in July 2022.  ☹️  We are booked to keep our same cabin for both b2b cruises which is a big plus for us!   And no international airfare which is crazy expensive these days!!! 

Edited by mertziek
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RedRover96 said:

Actually 2 seven night b2b beats the hell out of one 14 night cruise, you get double the Lattitudes rewards.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RedRover96 said:

So far I've been rewarded a point per night without any "specials". A 14 night cruise same as 2 7nights?

Well, you get double the laundry.  My wife and I had two seven days as a B2B in April so four bags of laundry.  I actually packed some dirty clothes and took all clean clothes home at the end. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedRover96 said:

So far I've been rewarded a point per night without any "specials". A 14 night cruise same as 2 7nights?

Got 2 dinners for 2 at specialty restaurants on each 7 day cruise, twice what you get on a 14 day cruise.

• Like 3