Check In For Friends

sunonfire

We are traveling with another couple in separate cabins. We are linked for dinner service. Is there a simple way I can do their check in so that we get the same check in times? I thought there used to be a link for check in. You had to have the booking number, the last name, the ship’s name and sail date. I normally do my check in at midnight. I think the last time I used the Celebrity app. I checked on my booking to see if I can link but I didn’t see any place to do that. Thanks.

I believe I had added my friends booking to my list on the website so we could do shore excursion bookings.   I'm pretty sure both reservations then showed up on the app when I logged in.

Have you tried adding it using the Add Another Cruise link on your account?

I can always link our travel

partners by using their booking number, name and birthdate. This enables me to get us all the same arrival time and then they finish their own checkin. I can book dinners and excursions for all. However, our next cruise, one party shows as a group booking and I can’t make reservations for both. Check in is not for 2 more weeks. The weird thing is neither of our TAs say we are booked with a group booking. 

Edited by SSAtlantic
New reply

56 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe I had added my friends booking to my list on the website so we could do shore excursion bookings.   I'm pretty sure both reservations then showed up on the app when I logged in.

Have you tried adding it using the Add Another Cruise link on your account?

I didn’t see that. I looked.

20 hours ago, sunonfire said:

We are traveling with another couple in separate cabins. We are linked for dinner service. Is there a simple way I can do their check in so that we get the same check in times? 

Edited by Torfamm
Question already answered

Just an update. Last night I checked in my party on my computer using the Celebrity website. I had to complete the check in process completely to select a time.

I only had my friends booking number. I was unable to get them a time. Then I went on the Celebrity app on my iPad and I was able to select a time for arrival for them with only their booking number. I wished I had known to use the app instead of logging in. The last cruise 2 years ago on the Connie we all had issues checking in with the app,  We are all set. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Sorry should have specified that with the app you can directly set the arrival time and exit and fill in the rest later.   On the website you have to complete all info prior to setting the arrival time.

I use the app to do most of the checkin as it can scan your passport.   I skip the photo as I have a stock photo I use for all sailings which can be uploaded, but only on the website.  So I fill in everything that's easy to do on the app, then go to the web to do the rest.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sorry should have specified that with the app you can directly set the arrival time and exit and fill in the rest later.   On the website you have to complete all info prior to setting the arrival time.

I use the app to do most of the checkin as it can scan your passport.   I skip the photo as I have a stock photo I use for all sailings which can be uploaded, but only on the website.  So I fill in everything that's easy to do on the app, then go to the web to do the rest.

Carnival does that on their website so it only takes a minute to pick a time. Luckily I had copies of my passports etc but it did take much longer than I expected. Live and learn. I sent a reminder to myself re checking in on the app. 

3 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Just an update. Last night I checked in my party on my computer using the Celebrity website. I had to complete the check in process completely to select a time.

I only had my friends booking number. I was unable to get them a time. Then I went on the Celebrity app on my iPad and I was able to select a time for arrival for them with only their booking number. I wished I had known to use the app instead of logging in. The last cruise 2 years ago on the Connie we all had issues checking in with the app,  We are all set. Thanks for the help.

If you are in a group simply show up at the port together.  Never an issue with my group.

And yes the app.can be wonky.

On 10/1/2023 at 4:55 PM, lv2cruisgrl said:

We cruised with my daughter & fiance and we were linked and I had all their info and was able to check us all in. 

Likewise, I've linked and checked in family members many times.  

I checked in yesterday for our Nov 25 cruise out of Singapore -

There was some inconsistencies in that the app showed opening for CheckIn on Nov 10 and Webpage showed Nov 11.   Celebrity IT at the best.

With the date line I was able to check in on Nov 10 (PDT) 10:AM which would equate to Nov 11 Midinight.

I also selected arrival times for our friends who live in Sydney.