Encore Veranda 1117

jawlaw

Hello. My wife and I will be on Encore in the Mediterranean next year as part of a group.  We’ve been on dozens of cruises, everything from Carnival when our kids were young, to Oceania more recently with other couples (we are in our 60s), but this is our first on Seabourn.  We were just assigned Stateroom 1117.  I have a few questions for anyone who may have stayed in this Stateroom, or nearby:

Is it too high?

is it too close to the front of the ship?

Is it too far from the areas of the ship where the activities are?

Will we experience noise from the nearby Observation Bar?

Will we experience noise from The Retreat directly above us?

Thanks in advance for any insight here!

Jawlaw

A few months ago we were in 1119, immediately next door to the stateroom you have.

There are very few staterooms in that section, thus the only people you see in the hallway are your neighbours. Extremely quiet because at one end there is a door leading to a balcony over looking the pool and at the other end the observation lounge. Absolutely no noise from the lounge or the Retreat.

We almost always used the stairs and because of the ships layout you are constantly going up and down and then along the length of a corridor to go any where. The ship is weird because they crammed in an extra deck without adding any height to the original designed ships of this class, thus the ceilings are extremely low. DH is tall and he did not like this feature.

1117 in reality is quite near mid-ship even though you think you are quite forward.

Depending on the seas you might get movement being on deck 11. For us, over 30 days on board Dubai to Singapore, movement was never a problem.

The waiters in the lounge knew us very well, provided excellent service as they saw us in hallway all the time. Other passengers who came to the lounge never came down the hallway. All they did was use the elevator.

This ship has weird doorways/hallways.  The doors are at a peculiar angle to the walls, and with the hallways being on the narrow side, you and the crew members will find it difficult to go in and out when carrying anything.

If sea sickness is not a problem for you 1117 is a great location.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:04 PM, crickette said:

Jawlaw

A few months ago we were in 1119, immediately next door to the stateroom you have.

There are very few staterooms in that section, thus the only people you see in the hallway are your neighbours. Extremely quiet because at one end there is a door leading to a balcony over looking the pool and at the other end the observation lounge. Absolutely no noise from the lounge or the Retreat.

We almost always used the stairs and because of the ships layout you are constantly going up and down and then along the length of a corridor to go any where. The ship is weird because they crammed in an extra deck without adding any height to the original designed ships of this class, thus the ceilings are extremely low. DH is tall and he did not like this feature.

1117 in reality is quite near mid-ship even though you think you are quite forward.

Depending on the seas you might get movement being on deck 11. For us, over 30 days on board Dubai to Singapore, movement was never a problem.

The waiters in the lounge knew us very well, provided excellent service as they saw us in hallway all the time. Other passengers who came to the lounge never came down the hallway. All they did was use the elevator.

This ship has weird doorways/hallways.  The doors are at a peculiar angle to the walls, and with the hallways being on the narrow side, you and the crew members will find it difficult to go in and out when carrying anything.

If sea sickness is not a problem for you 1117 is a great location.

I haven't been on Encore in a few years, but was on Ovation this year, same class. Don't remember low ceilings and slanted doors. Is that only on Deck 11? I too will be on deck 11 next year and now a bit concerned after reading your answer.

We were upgraded from a  V1 to a V4 which was 1128 on the Ovation. We loved the location - you are high up but close to the elevators, never heard any noise and it was easy to get to 'the other side' using the outside stairs and crossing either the pool deck or walking track (or using the elevator).

Ours was a Norwegian cruise so a bit rough at times (and I get very seasick) but took my travel sickness pill twice a day and I was fine. Would certainly sail in that suite again.

I think the slanted entrance is where the shower 'sticks out' and so it makes it seem like it's on an angle - I would say more an alcove though.

Several years ago, we were in 1126 on the Encore.  That area of the ship is a very quiet and convenient location: easy access to both the Observation Bar and the pool/patio area.  There was no noise from the OB or elevators, and very little foot traffic.

On that cruise we had some truly rough weather, and there's no denying that we felt more rocking there than we would have felt on a lower deck.  

Re noise from The Retreat:  one morning, we did hear what sounded like heavy furniture being moved. Because it was quite early and the noise had awakened us, we called Guest Services.  The noise stopped immediately and there was no repetition.  Apart from that one-off experience, we heard nothing from The Retreat.

We'd happily stay on Deck 11 again.

• 3 weeks later...

I stay in 1124 often and I like the location.

No noise in that area.

The most alarming thing about your post is the "Group"

How many of you will there be,as a "Group"

Ruined an Encore trip this August for most of the other guests that were not from the "Group"

On 10/30/2023 at 4:24 AM, Mr Luxury said:

I stay in 1124 often and I like the location.

No noise in that area.

The most alarming thing about your post is the "Group"

How many of you will there be,as a "Group"

Ruined an Encore trip this August for most of the other guests that were not from the "Group"

Happy to hear that this is a nice area of the ship to have a cabin, but sad to hear that your trip in August was ruined by a “Group”.  Why was that?

14 hours ago, jawlaw said:

Happy to hear that this is a nice area of the ship to have a cabin, but sad to hear that your trip in August was ruined by a “Group”.  Why was that?

There were 235 of them on an incentive trip from one company.

2 hours ago, Tallante said:

And we had 250as a corporate party on the Encore in May..  Never ever a 7 day back to back in the Med again.

Amen to that.  Longer cruises (that are not a combination of seven-day cruises) are very different from seven-day cruises.  Early on, I went on a fourteen-day cruise.  Loved it so much, two years later, I went on 2 B2B seven-day cruises.  I vowed never to do that again.  For my next cruise, I went on 2 B2B fourteen-day cruises.  Twenty-seven days of Pure Heaven!  The twenty-eighth day was terrible because we had to disembark.