Family Beach Day

Anilo182

My family of 5 (kids age 10, 7 and 20 months) will be in Roatan in November with Royal Caribbean and my head is spinning trying to find a place to spend the day.

A beautiful beach for the kids to play and fantastic food are a must. A kayak, paddleboard or the like to play on would be great if possible.

Easy transportation is a big plus and travel less than 30 minutes is ideal with young kids. I think Tabyana, Bananarama, etc are a close drive, but I would like to find somewhere that doesn't have too many vendors.

Anyone been recently and know what might work for us? I was thinking maybe Big French Key through the cruise line or a company called Discover Roatan shows a few places that could work, such as Paradise Beach, Henry Morgan, Infinity Bay, etc.

Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, Anilo182 said:

My family of 5 (kids age 10, 7 and 20 months) will be in Roatan in November with Royal Caribbean and my head is spinning trying to find a place to spend the day.

A beautiful beach for the kids to play and fantastic food are a must. A kayak, paddleboard or the like to play on would be great if possible.

Easy transportation is a big plus and travel less than 30 minutes is ideal with young kids. I think Tabyana, Bananarama, etc are a close drive, but I would like to find somewhere that doesn't have too many vendors.

Anyone been recently and know what might work for us? I was thinking maybe Big French Key through the cruise line or a company called Discover Roatan shows a few places that could work, such as Paradise Beach, Henry Morgan, Infinity Bay, etc.

Thanks so much!

Maya Key for convenience of travel with a toddler.

52 minutes ago, Guest 2000 said:

If the places you listed, only Big French Key will not have vendors. ALL the others are on West Bay Beach,. 

Clegs is offering a good option, Maya Key. 

Yes, no vendors at Maya Key but does have buffet lunch which was fine with us, but some have complained.

Sol y Mar fits the “convenient and no vendors”, some water activities, food was OK as far as I recall but it has been a few years and changes happen.

I have never been to Big or Little Key.

I looked at Maya Key, but the excursion was sold out through the cruise and I wasn't sure about finding easy transport to their ferry. Does it appear that they look after the animals well? We have been trying to avoid the places that sell wildlife interactions/photos.

Is Sol y Mar appropriate for young kids? My kids behave well, but they can definitely be hard to keep quiet at times and I would hate to be too disruptive.

Last I saw Maya Key was only available via a ship tour.

Can't opine on Sol y Mar.

But Paradise Beach, Henry Morgan, Bananarama, Infinity Bay, Beachers, etc. are all practically rigth next to each other. All charge some sort of entrance/facility use fee.  Typically $35 pp for day use.