Horrible Service Have been lied to

dawcruiser

After my next 2 cruises I will have completed 4 cruises.  Amounting to 345 days on a ship.   I have cruise all lines.

I hope you don't just see me as a complainer, because I am not.  Yes I have been on bad cruises but I have never posted about it.  But, this is totally different.  While on the Breakaway 9/11/22 I listen to a future cruise presentation.  I asked about the restrictions.  I was informed I could the $250 credit and bonus $250 credit on the same cruise.  So this year I tried to book a cruise on the Jade for May 15th.  First I was told I could only use both $250 on a balcony.  I told the person that I was told on the Breakaway that I could .  Then he told me I could if I booked a cruise which was over 6 months in advanced. So I booked the Jade May 15th.  After I booked it they only credited a $250.  I called and spoke to a person in resolutions and explained all that had happened.  He told me I couldn't apply both credits.  I asked for a refund of my original $250.  He told all refunds needed to asked for within 30 days.  

So here is my conclusion.  I WILL NEVER CRUISE ON NCL AGAIN.  I can take almost anything but lyind to me is crossing the line with me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 cruises, amounting to almost a year on board?

Double-up offers are not always in place.  At the time you asked there may well have been a double-up offer in place where you could book any room on any cruise and use two certificates.  The standard T&C's are available on NCL's website, it pays to understand them and ask the question if what you're being told is a current special with an expiration or something that is running all the time.

The current offer is you can use two CND's if you book balcony or above at least 4 months in advance.

Lying?  The question was probably answered accurately for the offer in place at the time the presentation was made and the question was asked.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, dawcruiser said:

After my next 2 cruises I will have completed 4 cruises.  Amounting to 345 days on a ship.   I have cruise all lines.

I hope you don't just see me as a complainer, because I am not.  Yes I have been on bad cruises but I have never posted about it.  But, this is totally different.  While on the Breakaway 9/11/22 I listen to a future cruise presentation.  I asked about the restrictions.  I was informed I could the $250 credit and bonus $250 credit on the same cruise.  So this year I tried to book a cruise on the Jade for May 15th.  First I was told I could only use both $250 on a balcony.  I told the person that I was told on the Breakaway that I could .  Then he told me I could if I booked a cruise which was over 6 months in advanced. So I booked the Jade May 15th.  After I booked it they only credited a $250.  I called and spoke to a person in resolutions and explained all that had happened.  He told me I couldn't apply both credits.  I asked for a refund of my original $250.  He told all refunds needed to asked for within 30 days.  

So here is my conclusion.  I WILL NEVER CRUISE ON NCL AGAIN.  I can take almost anything but lyind to me is crossing the line with me.

If you are a frequent NCL cruiser then you know that you can apply one certificate for a future cruise, unless you book during a Double Up promotion. The terms and conditions of Cruise Next certificates are pretty clear.

• Like 4

Correct me if I'm wrong but you should be able to cancel if your more than 120 days out and get your credit back and would still have a 500-dollar credit. You could wait for a double up offer and then be able to book a trip using both credits.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are a frequent NCL cruiser then you know that you can apply one certificate for a future cruise, unless you book during a Double Up promotion. The terms and conditions of Cruise Next certificates are pretty clear.

I understand what you are saying.  BUT my problem is I was told three different interpertations of how to use the cruise credits.  Somebody lied! 

1 hour ago, hallux said:

4 cruises, amounting to almost a year on board?

Double-up offers are not always in place.  At the time you asked there may well have been a double-up offer in place where you could book any room on any cruise and use two certificates.  The standard T&C's are available on NCL's website, it pays to understand them and ask the question if what you're being told is a current special with an expiration or something that is running all the time.

The current offer is you can use two CND's if you book balcony or above at least 4 months in advance.

Lying?  The question was probably answered accurately for the offer in place at the time the presentation was made and the question was asked.

If you read above I stated I zsked for the restrictions.

2 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

If you read above I stated I zsked for the restrictions.

The form clearly spells out the restrictions, the sales person probably didn't outright lie but didn't make things as clear as the Ts and Cs do either. Almost all of the time we use two when we book and if not just don't buy two on the next cruise. 

Edited by fastpitchdad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

So here is my conclusion.  I WILL NEVER CRUISE ON NCL AGAIN.

Well, it looks as though you reached your conclusion prior to even starting the thread.

In a very dramatic fashion, you made sure you announced your decision IN ALL CAPS so that everyone knows that you "really mean it". (Yet somehow all I can see is Dr Rick explaining what posting in all caps means.)

We have no stake here...no horse in the race. You want to sail NCL? Fine, welcome aboard. You don't want to sail NCL? Fine, bye-bye. 

I'm just wondering, given that you've proudly proclaimed your conclusion in advance, why we're even having the discussion? You've already stated your position, and if you were to change it, then you'd be guilty of the very thing you're trying to blame NCL for in the first place. 

• Like 8

My friend and I just cruised NCL for the first time a couple of weeks ago on the Encore. While on board we decided that next year’s girls trip was going to be a Med cruise on Prima. Since that decision was firm, we decided to go to the Cruise Next desk to see what it was about. The rep assured us we could use 4 certs on the same booking and, by purchasing 4 (for the price of 2), she immediately changed us to silver status. 

Well, that same afternoon I decided to sit and read all the T&C’s. It was quite clear that we couldn’t use all 4 at the same time and i questioned if we could even use 2. I ended up speaking with the same rep again who said “I said you could use 4 if you booked 2 cabins.” Yeah, no, that’s not how that went. When I asked about using 2 for same cabin she said that NCL pretty much always guarantees that for balcony and above (we do club balcony so no prob there) except when they do the 2 for 1 on all cabins. She even showed me the internal communication that detailed all the promos, with timing, to date for 2023. She also mentioned that Black Friday is a good time to book when using cruise next certs. 

At the end of it all, I ended up just buying 2 for $250 and applied both to the 2024 booking I made when I got home from Seattle. 

Chances are, you were not lied to. Maybe you didn’t realize the 2 certs were only for a balcony or above or that the promo on all cabins was a periodic thing. Regardless, the document that you get when you make your purchase (which isn’t that long, BTW, and I had no problem reading/understanding a couple/few drinks in) clearly states that any refunds need to be requested within 30 days. So that part is absolutely on you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First, I have to wonder how you will have been on a ship for 345 days in 4 cruises.  Those were some really long cruises!  I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that was a typo. 😃

Anyway, I have nothing else to add that hasn’t been said.  The terms and conditions are clear.  I just wanted to note, though, that you are nowhere near final payment if your cruise isn’t until May,  watch for double up offers.  You can apply a second cert as payment on an existing reservation when the promotion is in place.  Sometimes they even have triple up offers.  There was one this summer before final payment on my December cruise and I was able to add a third to the booking.

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

First I was told I could only use both $250 on a balcony.  I told the person that I was told on the Breakaway that I could .  Then he told me I could if I booked a cruise which was over 6 months in advanced. So I booked the Jade May 15th.  After I booked it they only credited a $250. 

Questions:

1) Currently you have completed two cruises.  How long was each to total 345 days?

2) You have cruised all lines.  One was NCL.  What was the other?  Are you aware there are many dozen cruise lines?

3) How far in advanced did you book the Jade, and did you book a Balcony or above?

Here are the terms and conditions from the NCL website.

Limit of one (1) CND may be used per stateroom. You may apply two (2) CNDs to one (1) stateroom only when booking a cruise that qualifies for the DoubleUp! promotion. DoubleUp! promotion eligibility is based on redemption date and not on CND purchase date. DoubleUp! promotions may be subject to change and are subject to availablitly. Visit www.ncl.com/cruisenext for offer details when you are ready to book your next cruise.

As "dawcruiser" stated....I WILL NEVER CRUISE ON NCL AGAIN.

Yay...Thats great news. 

Thank you. More room for the rest of us.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

As "dawcruiser" stated....I WILL NEVER CRUISE ON NCL AGAIN.

Yay...Thats great news. 

Thank you. More room for the rest of us.

Gosh, if they never cruise NCL again, then they will have two unused certs. I'll take them if they are not going to use them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Well, it looks as though you reached your conclusion prior to even starting the thread.

In a very dramatic fashion, you made sure you announced your decision IN ALL CAPS so that everyone knows that you "really mean it". (Yet somehow all I can see is Dr Rick explaining what posting in all caps means.)

We have no stake here...no horse in the race. You want to sail NCL? Fine, welcome aboard. You don't want to sail NCL? Fine, bye-bye. 

I'm just wondering, given that you've proudly proclaimed your conclusion in advance, why we're even having the discussion? You've already stated your position, and if you were to change it, then you'd be guilty of the very thing you're trying to blame NCL for in the first place. 

*I posted this so others would see the kind of deception I experencied.  Hopefully other will be forewarned  to what might happen to t hem.  I used all CAPS to express my discuss. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Gosh, if they never cruise NCL again, then they will have two unused certs. I'll take them if they are not going to use them!

I would give them to you but NCL won't allow me to do so.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

I understand what you are saying.  BUT my problem is I was told three different interpertations of how to use the cruise credits.  Somebody lied! 

Or you didn't understand them...
There are different promos going on at different times. You can ALWAYS put ONE certificate against a booking. Sometimes you can use two on balcony or above, sometimes you can use two on any room, sometimes there is a restriction in how far away in time the cruise has to be, other times it's not. It's not as easy as one right answer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

I would give them to you but NCL won't allow me to do so.

Just more proof that you don't read and understand the T&C's for yourself.

Right from here: https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#cruisenext

CND(s) are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant shipboard credit (listed as Non-Refundable Onboard Credit) received. A CND can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. CND(s) are transferable to another guest at no charge. Once transferred, new CND owner is subject to all CND terms and conditions. Original CND owner forfeits rights of ownership once transfer has been completed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

*I posted this so others would see the kind of deception I experencied.  Hopefully other will be forewarned  to what might happen to t hem.  I used all CAPS to express my discuss. 

So, you're going to go with the "virtue" excuse?

You detailed a number of things that you were told. From the presentation, to the booking agent, and on through to the resolution department. Each and every thing you were told is a known TRUTH when it comes to CruiseNext. All of this is clearly outlined in the T&Cs. You have not shown where something you were told was not factual. If there is any deception here, it is not coming from NCL.

"others will be forewarned to what might happen"? Might? Maybe? Unless your point is "Here is what could happen when you don't pay attention and when you aren't informed about what you are buying",  that should apply to everything, no?

Maybe, but from this side of the screen all CAPS just says "unnecessary drama", "pay attention to me", "tantrum", "my mind is made up and I'm not looking for honest discussion", etc. If you don't want to cruise NCL or any other line, that is your choice. You don't need to tell any of us. As they say, this isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure.

• Like 5

@dawcruiser When did this happen?

The current offer staring yesterday (3rd October) is double up again, plus 4 months out instead of the normal 6 months.

There is no reason why you cant get the cert added now. Strictly it's for new booking but I never had a problem adding them to existing bookings, in fact, I often book with one then add a second when double-up starts.

You can even do it yourself on the app, the website insists on full payment but the app allows partial payment, just make a payment of $250 and click the certificate as the funding method.

image.png.0e539a331644787eb07060810d7559c2.png

• Like 4