Will elegant night move for Thanksgiving?

cheer25mom

Many years ago we cruised on the Inspiration during Thanksgiving.  They did not change the elegant night, but they did add a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner to the menu that night.  I'm not sure if it is the same way now or not.

I did not get the turkey dinner, but several people in our party did and loved it.

4 hours ago, z_cruisers said:

we'll be on Celebration for Thanksgiving. 

1 hour ago, Jeafl said:

years ago we cruised Inspiration during Thanksgiving. they did add a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner to the menu.  I'm not sure if it is the same way now or not. I did not get the turkey dinner, but several people in our party did and loved it.

Hi @z_cruisers & @Jeafl🙂

Of course (food is subjective, especially here on Cruise Critic) and this menu is subject to change because Thanksgiving didn't happen yet. However this will give people a fairly good idea of what is to come. 

Last years Thanksgiving Dinner was yummy delish!

🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗

253382048-6632034283505743-8793541765013

💃🍹💃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanksgiving on the Panorama 2022 while Thursday was still an elegant night, they moved what is usually the second elegant night menu (lobster and prime rib) to the first elegant night and added a Thanksgiving menu for the second elegant night.  I've done two Thanksgiving cruises and the turkey dinner is waaay better in the Lido than the MDR as the have a whole bird they carve for you rather than a pre plated turkey roll.  

I’ve seen them move it to avoid the Super Bowl. And I’ve seen them move it to make it on a holiday. I think that was Valentine’s Day. But I don’t think they’d move it to the last night of the cruise when everyone is packing/packed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, Melcoug-93 said:

The last two years (Mardi Gras then Panorama) Elegant Night and Thanksgiving were the same night.

Did the Thanksgiving dinner menu trump the traditional elegant night dinner menu?  Or were both an option?

On 11/6/2023 at 8:11 PM, katstoy said:

Thanksgiving on the Panorama 2022 while Thursday was still an elegant night, they moved what is usually the second elegant night menu (lobster and prime rib) to the first elegant night and added a Thanksgiving menu for the second elegant night.  

Does this mean you lost the typical first elegant night dinner menu?  I am cruising over Easter 2024, and Easter Sunday should be our 1st elegant night (8 night, Sat-Sun, so 2nd night on board).  So do you think it is possible that menu would be trumped by the Easter dinner menu?  I'd much prefer the elegant night menu.

On 11/6/2023 at 5:11 PM, katstoy said:

Thursday was still an elegant night, they moved what is usually the second elegant night menu (lobster and prime rib) to the first elegant night and added a Thanksgiving menu for the second elegant night. 

This is exactly what happened on Celebration a few weeks ago.