Hilton Molina Stuckey Venice

BiancaV

Hi there,

Traveling end of June and will be in Venice on July 3rd coming from NCL Escape. First question was if anyone had info on how to get to our hotel from the cruise port and if anyone had any experience in staying at the Hilton Molina Stuckey on Giudecca Island. It says it’s about a 12-15 min water ride over to San Marco. Not familiar at all with Venice so any and all help is appreciated!

The direction you gave are correct...its on a separate island from the main sites, but the hotel provides a shuttle for a small fee. It is a pretty nice hotel. It has one of the few pools in a hotel in Venice.

As to how to get there...that is a big question. Where is your ship docking?

Generally, we approached from the train station, and took a water bus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

The direction you gave are correct...its on a separate island from the main sites, but the hotel provides a shuttle for a small fee. It is a pretty nice hotel. It has one of the few pools in a hotel in Venice.

As to how to get there...that is a big question. Where is your ship docking?

Generally, we approached from the train station, and took a water bus.

We will be docking in Trieste. Was hoping there may be a water taxi from the cruise port directly to the hotel?

Venice is 2hrs from Trieste, by car, bus or train.. 

The easiest option to Venice will be the NCL shuttle, $65 pp. However NCL might only run their shuttle to the airport, not to Venice itself (which is usually Tronchetto). So verify that information. 

Otherwise you can take the train from Trieste Centrale to Venice S Lucia station, or take FlixBus to Tronchetto.  Each of these options will cost about 15E.  Be aware that the Trieste train station and bus station are on the same block but are a 15 minute walk from the pier. It's a flat easy walk on a nice day;not so nice when it's raining and you wait an hr for a cab, 

There is info on transportation to your hotel from points in Venice at the end of the attached article:

Directions to the Molino Stucky Hilton | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

9 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Venice is 2hrs from Trieste, by car, bus or train.. 

The easiest option to Venice will be the NCL shuttle, $65 pp. However NCL might only run their shuttle to the airport, not to Venice itself (which is usually Tronchetto). So verify that information. 

Otherwise you can take the train from Trieste Centrale to Venice S Lucia station, or take FlixBus to Tronchetto.  Each of these options will cost about 15E.  Be aware that the Trieste train station and bus station are on the same block but are a 15 minute walk from the pier. It's a flat easy walk on a nice day;not so nice when it's raining and you wait an hr for a cab, 

There is info on transportation to your hotel from points in Venice at the end of the attached article:

Directions to the Molino Stucky Hilton | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

Oh wow. I didn’t realize it is two hours away and also didn’t realize we would need to do a train or bus. I am traveling with my parents and a decent amount of luggage. 

If NCL has a shuttle, use it.  And then, honestly, for 3 of you with luggage, I'd suggest a private water taxi.  NOT cheap but for 3, the 140ish euro fare will cover all of you (and a certain amount of luggage.  For 3, probably 4-6 suitcases and a couple personal items).

That's the issue with sailings from "Venice'   They're either from Ravenna or Trieste, both a significant distance away (a few SMALL ships can still get closer to Venice).  The cruise lines need to make this fact OBVIOUS to guests, and TAs need to know this too.  (Many do but not all).

Also getting to the airport can be fun. Again, I took a water taxi. You can use Vaporettos to get around (think the T, but floating, or more accurately a floating city bus.  Once I wrapped my head around that, it all made way more sense.  

1 hour ago, megr1125 said:

If NCL has a shuttle, use it.  And then, honestly, for 3 of you with luggage, I'd suggest a private water taxi.  NOT cheap but for 3, the 140ish euro fare will cover all of you (and a certain amount of luggage.  For 3, probably 4-6 suitcases and a couple personal items).

That's the issue with sailings from "Venice'   They're either from Ravenna or Trieste, both a significant distance away (a few SMALL ships can still get closer to Venice).  The cruise lines need to make this fact OBVIOUS to guests, and TAs need to know this too.  (Many do but not all).

Also getting to the airport can be fun. Again, I took a water taxi. You can use Vaporettos to get around (think the T, but floating, or more accurately a floating city bus.  Once I wrapped my head around that, it all made way more sense.  

Ohhh ok. The only shuttles I’m seeing so far are to the airport with tours on the way. And I agree, Trieste is not Venice. 

27 minutes ago, BiancaV said:

Ohhh ok. The only shuttles I’m seeing so far are to the airport with tours on the way. And I agree, Trieste is not Venice. 

I was on NCL Gem last Sept and the shuttles were only to the airport. I was hoping they had added a Venice shuttle.  You may want to call and verify.

The airport is about 10 miles from Venice so t's not horrific if that's where you have to go, but it's another stop and another transfer; a pain if you have too much luggage.

Megr's suggestion of a water taxi might be the best option to reach the hotel from the airport. It will be pricey though, about 150E for the 30 minute ride. You don't need to make a reservation but here is the info: 

Booking Water Taxi in Venice is Now Easy - Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia

A cheaper option would be the Aliluguna water bus.  The blue line goes to the Hilton. It costs only 15E but takes 1 1/2 hrs.   

Blue Line | Alilaguna

37 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

I was on NCL Gem last Sept and the shuttles were only to the airport. I was hoping they had added a Venice shuttle.  You may want to call and verify.

The airport is about 10 miles from Venice so t's not horrific if that's where you have to go, but it's another stop and another transfer; a pain if you have too much luggage.

Megr's suggestion of a water taxi might be the best option to reach the hotel from the airport. It will be pricey though, about 150E for the 30 minute ride. You don't need to make a reservation but here is the info: 

Booking Water Taxi in Venice is Now Easy - Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia

A cheaper option would be the Aliluguna water bus.  The blue line goes to the Hilton. It costs only 15E but takes 1 1/2 hrs.   

Blue Line | Alilaguna

Thankyou so much!

If you only have one night in Venice, you may want to reconsider staying at the Hilton.  Too much time will be spent driving and transferring. 

The Piazzale Roma area would be more convenient. It's the last point of land travel in Venice so it's where taxis, buses and cars drop off their passengers. Easy access to airport transportation and a block from the Grand Canal for sightseeing.

'How Many Bridges?' hotel listings for Piazzale Roma | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

32 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

If you only have one night in Venice, you may want to reconsider staying at the Hilton.  Too much time will be spent driving and transferring. 

The Piazzale Roma area would be more convenient. It's the last point of land travel in Venice so it's where taxis, buses and cars drop off their passengers. Easy access to airport transportation and a block from the Grand Canal for sightseeing.

'How Many Bridges?' hotel listings for Piazzale Roma | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

I had this in the back of my mind too. I checked out the Hotel Papadopoli because it was 1 bridge but people did mention it was still a little tough with luggage. Wondering what is involved in getting to the Hilton. I realize it’s the hotels water taxi that takes you over but any idea where you need to get to in order to get on that taxi?

24 minutes ago, BiancaV said:

I had this in the back of my mind too. I checked out the Hotel Papadopoli because it was 1 bridge but people did mention it was still a little tough with luggage. Wondering what is involved in getting to the Hilton. I realize it’s the hotels water taxi that takes you over but any idea where you need to get to in order to get on that taxi?

I'm surprised people would say the bridge to Papadopoli was tough. My mother walked back and forth over that bridge several times and she was 80.  We travel light though; just one 21" case.  Here's video for the walk, including the bridge:

Walking to Hotel Papadopoli Venezia - YouTube

How about the new Marriott; right on the square so no bridges?

As for your question "where you need to go to get on that taxi ?"   If you're talking about the hotel shuttle it appears to travel between the hotel and Zattere or hotel and St Marks.  There's detailed info and a map on their web site.

Hotel Location | Hilton Molino Stucky Venice

17 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

I'm surprised people would say the bridge to Papadopoli was tough. My mother walked back and forth over that bridge several times and she was 80.  We travel light though; just one 21" case.  Here's video for the walk, including the bridge:

Walking to Hotel Papadopoli Venezia - YouTube

How about the new Marriott; right on the square so no bridges?

As for your question "where you need to go to get on that taxi ?"   If you're talking about the hotel shuttle it appears to travel between the hotel and Zattere or hotel and St Marks.  There's detailed info and a map on their web site.

Hotel Location | Hilton Molino Stucky Venice

Wow! That was an easy walk. This was very helpful. Thanks so much

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

The VeniceForVisitors is a great resource.  They are the folks who made the video.

Venice, Italy Travel Guide | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

Thanks so much. I had spent so much time on Rome now moving on to Venice then I’ll have to tackle the ports in between. Lol busy busy

Join your Roll Call, people are always organizing private shuttles from Trieste to Venice.  Easiest might be NCL's shuttle to VCE, then a water taxi or regular vaporetto.  Handling luggage is a challenge in Venice.  Rick Steves' Med Cruise book has detailed information on the mechanics of Venice transport.   Study a Venice map so you understand how arrivals/departures in Venice work, and just where the Hilton is.  I love Hiltons, but only in Venice a short time, so I picked a hotel 2 minutes walk from Rialto stop, no bridges.  

14 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Join your Roll Call, people are always organizing private shuttles from Trieste to Venice.  Easiest might be NCL's shuttle to VCE, then a water taxi or regular vaporetto.  Handling luggage is a challenge in Venice.  Rick Steves' Med Cruise book has detailed information on the mechanics of Venice transport.   Study a Venice map so you understand how arrivals/departures in Venice work, and just where the Hilton is.  I love Hiltons, but only in Venice a short time, so I picked a hotel 2 minutes walk from Rialto stop, no bridges.  

Thankyou, I did join the roll call. Not much activity on there right now. I’ve done research on the Hilton and where it is. Even watched a YouTube video of someone traveling the waterways to get there. I’m still keeping my options open though and researching all the hotels. 

3 hours ago, BiancaV said:

Thankyou, I did join the roll call. Not much activity on there right now. I’ve done research on the Hilton and where it is. Even watched a YouTube video of someone traveling the waterways to get there. I’m still keeping my options open though and researching all the hotels. 

We saved a bundle on our Marseille hotel, so booked canal-view rooms in Venice at the Bella Venezia.  2 minutes straight walk, no bridges, from Rialto vaporetto stop.  BV gets terrific reviews.

1 hour ago, jsn55 said:

We saved a bundle on our Marseille hotel, so booked canal-view rooms in Venice at the Bella Venezia.  2 minutes straight walk, no bridges, from Rialto vaporetto stop.  BV gets terrific reviews.

Ooh thanks for the tip. I’ll check it out.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 7:47 AM, mapleleaves said:

Blue Line | Alilaguna

if you do end up transferring to the airport, then making your own way to the Hilton from there, I’d second the Alilaguna suggestion.  We did this after a brutal fright to Venice last year, and even though we were tired, it was so nice to go “around” Venice on the way to Guidecca, where the Stucky is.  You took a while, but the journey was pleasant and we got the lay of the land on the way, even a stop in Murano. If you aren’t strapped for time (even with drive from Trieste, it may be early to check in) I would not count out this option.  Once you get to Guidecca where the Hilton is, there are fewer bridges and the Hilton has its own shuttle boat to get back to Saint marks square (and I think one other stop) for free.  We were very pleased with our stay there! 

• Like 1

One more thing: take a moment to stroll Guidecca itself,if you can. I found it to be much less touristy than the central area of Venice, and we easily found interesting markets, a nice place for dinner on the sidewalk where we could people watch the locals during their commute home (for half of the price to eat across the canal!) and  other quiet beauty that was more difficult to experience among the hustle elsewhere.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

One more thing: take a moment to stroll Guidecca itself,if you can. I found it to be much less touristy than the central area of Venice, and we easily found interesting markets, a nice place for dinner on the sidewalk where we could people watch the locals during their commute home (for half of the price to eat across the canal!) and  other quiet beauty that was more difficult to experience among the hustle elsewhere.  

This makes me so happy! I was getting discouraged hearing that it was out of the way etc but it sounds exactly what we’re looking for. Thanks so much!

• Like 1