Survey

Scotsrich

4 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Ohh nice.

Did you have to call in, or did you email?

I'm still waiting to hear back from me email.

What did you say to convince them?

I used the chat feature and said that the original email said it was for my “next voyage”, but the access key came and said it was for a new voyage. I already have 5 sailings booked and I can’t add any more. 

39 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

I used the chat feature and said that the original email said it was for my “next voyage”, but the access key came and said it was for a new voyage. I already have 5 sailings booked and I can’t add any more. 

Glad you got what you are owed.

I hope to have the same answer. Just waiting patiently.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:49 PM, -The-True-North- said:

I sent a very clear and through email stating exactly that.

You can't attach term and conditions after the fact. Go against common law.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:49 PM, -The-True-North- said:

I sent a very clear and through email stating exactly that.

You can't attach term and conditions after the fact. Go against common law.

A friend of mine just said she got hers. She is booked on a cruise next February using an MNVV. She called in and asked. She said she was so confused about the rules and what originally was shown. The rep couldn't add it but she went to her supervisor and it was added on. So try calling in versus email.

I received the email survey and promptly completed it!  I thought it seemed too good to be true, and there was no way they would give $200 to everyone that completed the survey, but I figured, eh' why not lol.  We have our first sailing on VV booked for June 2024.

I guess I know now not to expect this $200 haha.  I agree, this seems super deceptive and frustrating, but I'm really not the fight-it-out type, I just don't have the space for that extra negative energy.  But I do truly hope everyone that tries gets what they should.  Seems like a bad practice on VV's end.

20 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

I would.

Have Chatgpt write you an email.

Although, how did you get it if you never sailed with VV?

I was wondering the same thing. My friend I’m going with has sailed VV multiple times and did not get the survey so who knows? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

Although, how did you get it if you never sailed with VV?

We are booked, but never sailed.  I just assumed it put us on some kind of contact list.

All of the questions were about experiences on other cruise lines/vacations, and nothing really about the VV experience, so I'm assuming that part isn't really a factor.

Also had this added to my next sailing.

Please feel free to use this template for reaching out to Sailor Services.

Hello Sailor Services Team,

I trust this message finds you well.

I am writing to kindly request the addition of the $200 in Sailor Loot, which I earned by completing a survey, to my upcoming trip. I recently received an email with an access code, for new bookings. However, the initial email specified "next sailing," and I had made a reservation based on that. As a result, I would like to take advantage of this opportunity.

Here are the relevant booking details:

- Booking Confirmation: [Your Booking Confirmation Number]

- Sailing Date: [Your Sailing Date]

- Itinerary Name: [Your Itinerary Name]

To facilitate the process of adjusting my reservation, I'm providing additional information below. This will help confirm my identity and grant you access to the access code I received. I understand that this may require some time and supervisor approval.

My Contact Information:

- Sailor's Name: [Your Full Name]

- Sailor's Birthday: [Your Date of Birth]

- Sailor's Email: [Your Email Address]

- Survey Access Code: [Access Code Provided]

If any further details or information are necessary from my end, please do not hesitate to reach out.

I want to express my gratitude in advance for your prompt assistance in incorporating the Sailor Loot into my upcoming trip.

I'm eagerly looking forward to sailing with your team once again.

• Thanks 1

I also wrote to Sailor Services and they agreed to add the Loot to an existing booking.  However when I got the confirmation this morning the booking had been re-fared to the current pricing telling me I now owe them $782 payable in May 2022!!!!  The booking had been paid in full when originally booked.

Back to the drawing board and hopefully I will receive a fixed up email tomorrow morning.  Always overnight for Australia.  grrrr

Sailor Services have been easy to deal with returning emails promptly.  No complaints there.

Love your template The True North.  My letter was not quite as good.

Oh they did email back requesting the Access Key Code.

Edited by Ondine
  • Thanks 1

I did the survey last week.  Also assuming the OBC would be applied to our sailing in December.  I completer the last part asking them to call me on Monday morning for further feedback, and presumably more perks for talking to them.  Thus far I have had no call and nothing has shown up in my account.  Sigh.  

Thanks for the letter - I tried that - no reply after 2 days.  I then tried the chat - who said I had to call Sailor Services.   I called and they said they'd investigate and email me back.  They emailed me asking for proof I did survey.  Proof???

Fortunately I found the original email asking me to do the survey - when you click to do it again, it pops up that your ID has already completed the survey.  Once I screenshot that and emailed them this (after calling a third time about this) they quickly added it to my next sailing.  

Was a bit of a pain as you can see but they did honour it.   I think just some pushing makes it happen.  I was getting a little put off with the effort it took - I took my time to do a detailed response to their survey (really enjoyed my August 2023 cruise) and had hoped that the offer would have been easier to receive for one of my next 2 sailings.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, Ondine said:

I also wrote to Sailor Services and they agreed to add the Loot to an existing booking.  However when I got the confirmation this morning the booking had been re-fared to the current pricing telling me I now owe them $782 payable in May 2022!!!!  The booking had been paid in full when originally booked.

Back to the drawing board and hopefully I will receive a fixed up email tomorrow morning.  Always overnight for Australia.  grrrr

Finally success.  I didn't hear back for 2 days so phoned them this morning (call centre in Manila for Aus).  Talked with a lovely lady and after a while she got hold of the right person who fixed the problem.  My cruise is a mer-maiden one which was another no no in the terms and conditions.  All good now.

8 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Glad to hear that VV is honoring and correcting the situation.

I just hope they also FIX the situation and wording to begin with for future surveys.

Unfortunately not consistently.  I emailed sailor services and got a kind response asking for more details and the the access key.  Emailed the details back, then no response.  I emailed them again and they told me they can't apply it because my booking had already sailed.  Except the sail date is December 2024.  Yes, 2024.  In 14 months from now.  

Called today.  45 minutes waiting while it was looked at by their "technical crew".  Came back on and said nothing they could do.  I asked for it to be escalated.  Manager came on the line, said "I can't hear you.  Your phone connection is bad." (after already having conversations with them for almost an hour.  Then she hung up on me.

Been also spending two weeks trying to resolve a charge that was not mine on my last sailing that they added to my folio after we disembarked.  Now on to disputing with credit card company.

Trying to be patient.  Trying to give VV the benefit.  But too many cruise lines and too much competition for this level of customer service.  They'll need to do better to earn my loyalty.

Edited by Massman

7 minutes ago, Massman said:

Unfortunately not consistently.  I emailed sailor services and got a kind response asking for more details and the the access key.  Emailed the details back, then no response.  I emailed them again and they told me they can't apply it because my booking had already sailed.  Except the sail date is December 2024.  Yes, 2024.  In 14 months from now.  

Called today.  45 minutes waiting while it was looked at by their "technical crew".  Came back on and said nothing they could do.  I asked for it to be escalated.  Manager came on the line, said "I can't hear you.  Your phone connection is bad." (after already having conversations with them for almost an hour.  Then she hung up on me.

Been also spending two weeks trying to resolve a charge that was not mine on my last sailing that they added to my folio after we disembarked.  Now on to disputing with credit card company.

Trying to be patient.  Trying to give VV the benefit.  But too many cruise lines and too much competition for this level of customer service.  They'll need to do better to earn my loyalty.

I will say, emailing VV is horrendous. It takes 2+ weeks at least (if at all) to get an answer.

I had an access code that was issue and expired within 7 days, but like here there was a MASSIVE error on the T&C and to make matters worse, the T&C said this section will have held above all else, and if there is an error, you will be responsible for the full cost.

So I let it expire, rather then booking a cruise 50% off because the dates were invalid.

I recommend calling or using chat.

The template above is for chat and not an email. I should have mentioned that, sorry.

I didn’t get any response to my emails after the original one.

Im now back home and haven’t even had the future voyage $200.

Have to say it was a fantastic cruise and I didn’t have to spend a penny on board due to sailor loot and drinks package.

• Like 1