Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

The Brazil eVisa folks have told me the same information that @cashmeremypuppydog is reporting.  The eVisa is only for travel to Brazil  via air.  They were not able to tell me whether we will need another sort of Visa for other forms of entry.

I am pretty angry that this was not stated clearly on the eVisa web site.  A significant amount of money and time wasted due to these folks’ incompetence.  I most likely will not be visiting Brazil if any Visa is required for travel by car.

1 hour ago, slewis7 said:

The Brazil eVisa folks have told me the same information that @cashmeremypuppydog is reporting.  The eVisa is only for travel to Brazil  via air.  They were not able to tell me whether we will need another sort of Visa for other forms of entry.

I am pretty angry that this was not stated clearly on the eVisa web site.  A significant amount of money and time wasted due to these folks’ incompetence.  I most likely will not be visiting Brazil if any Visa is required for travel by car.

It may be VFS that is providing this info not Brazilian.  They process the visa applications then forward to Brazil.   I think they may be giving out incorrect info.  I don't know.  However I'm certain a visa or e-visa is required to enter Brazil if you're US, Canadian, or Australian.  Hopefully you'll be able to enter with an E-Visa. 

Edited by davencl

2 hours ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

Hello all,

Please do not apply for an e-visa. I contacted the customer service and was told no e-visa if you are not arriving by air…

I will call Seabourn to see how I can obtain a visa.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I think customer service may be providing incorrect info.  I'm not sure.  I'm arriving by air myself so OK either way.

UPDATE
Tonight, I called Seabourn and was helped by a lovely lady. With the help of another department, they found an internal mail stating that Brazil will be ready for e-visa for people arriving by cruise ship in Jan. I asked her to forward me the email but she could not as it was internal mail.
I am assuming Seabourn will send email to everyone once Brazil figures things out!

Right now, the e-visas are only if arriving by air.

This is what I received today:

Dear Mrs,
Thank you for contacting The Brazil E-VISA Helpdesk.
As we mentioned bofore, you cannot apply for e-Visa application, if you are trying to travel To Brazilia by land or cruise,the only way to get into Brazil is to apply for a  consular visa .
Link to the website  to apply for a consular visa: https://www.gov.br/planalto/en
best regards,
The Brazil E-Visa Helpdesk.

Best Regards,

Roman

----------

Brazil e-Visa Helpdesk

----------

VFS GLOBAL 

EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com | www.vfsglobal.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

This is what I received today:

Dear Mrs,
As we mentioned bofore, you cannot apply for e-Visa application, if you are trying to travel To Brazilia by land or cruise,the only way to get into Brazil is to apply for a  consular visa .
Link to the website  to apply for a consular visa: https://www.gov.br/planalto/en
best regards,

Best Regards,

Roman

----------

Brazil e-Visa Helpdesk

----------

VFS GLOBAL 

EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com | www.vfsglobal.com

Wow that is crazy.  I don't understand why Brazil isn't accepting e-visa for this.  I hope you can apply before your cruise for an e-visa as consulare visa requires a visit to the nearest Brazillian embasy.

6 hours ago, davencl said:

Wow that is crazy.  I don't understand why Brazil isn't accepting e-visa for this.  I hope you can apply before your cruise for an e-visa as consulare visa requires a visit to the nearest Brazillian embasy.

You are correct, this is crazy! But the sounds of it Seabourn is on top of it. However the problem is Brazil. As I said, an e-visa for cruisers (and surely for arrival by land) is supposedly in the works for Jan.

Time will tell!

• Like 1

FYI

someone else on Seabourn Quest Feb 20 roll call responded to my post stating Seabourn sent her an email stating she could now apply for an e-via. Read her post for all info.

This is my response:

Hello all,

Wow, what a mess! I went on the site and they have changed: by air FOR by air, land and sea. I tried to start a visa application and everything is the same… I would wait a few days if I was you as nothing seems to have changed. 

My case: I already disputed (cancelled) my charge with Brazil visa as they told me they could not provide a visa for people arriving by land or sea…

I am going to wait and see.

If anyone receive an e-visa, please post.

•  
  • Like 1

Thanks to the most recent post by @cashmeremypuppydog, I will try to engage again with the eVisa help desk by email.  They have been responsive to emails so far and with the new text in the web site now mentioning transit by sea and land, it seems like there is some recognition of the mess this eVisa process has created.

• Like 1

UPDATE

On Dec 8, 2023, at 10:43 AM, Brazil Evisa- Customer Support <Brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com> wrote:

Dear Mrs,
E-visa will be applicable from 10th Jan 2024 onwards for Americans, Australians and Canadians  and they can enter Brazil by any means of transport i.e. Air, Land or Sea.  However then need to provide necessary tickets to prove the same.

ITINERARY(Round trip ticket) for Land and sea travel)

-For Sea Travel: Add your cruise itinerary. Ensure the date of entry into Brazilian territory is clearly displayed.
-For Land Travel: Upload your hotel reservations. If unavailable, submit your passport copy again to proceed with the application.
-For first entry by air, you must present the ticket itinerary. If applicant leaves via another route, applicant will already be in possession of the eVisa.

FOR AIRLINE STAFF (BUSINESS)
-Bank statement: For the bank statement requirement, please upload a letter from your company confirming that you are on duty travel.

ITINERARY(Round trip ticket) : Upload your respective Crew Member ID as proof.
-Please note that purchasing air tickets should not be recommended, only reservation air tickets is required.
Best regards,

MY RESPONSE

Hello again Roman,

I just want to clarify:
-I can only apply for the e-visa if arriving by land or sea starting Jan 10?
-My situation is the following:
-I will be flying to IGR (Iguazu) on Jan 29, will stay at a hotel in Iguazu (Argentina side) and will just go into Brazil on Jan 29 or Jan 30. I will fly out of IGR to Salta, Argentina on Feb 1
AND
-On Feb 20, we board Seabourn cruise ship. This cruise will stop at several port of call in Brazil and this cruise is ending in Miami. I need a multi entry visa. Is it what I will receive good for 90 days?

I am assuming you want me to download on or after Jan 10, all my documents: fly in and out of IGR and cruise itinerary? It is what I did on Dec 6 but the e-visa will not be granted…

Pleas answer my questions as soon as possible.
Thank you for everything

I WILL LET YOU KNOW ONCE I HEAR BACK...

I got a similar email reply.  The part that applies to me is:

For Land Travel: Upload your hotel reservations. If unavailable, submit your passport copy again to proceed with the application.”

As I don’t have a hotel stay in Brazil, I need to do something with my passport copy, although the instructions are not clear to me.  Does anyone here have an idea about this?  

I emailed them back for clarification and if I learn anything, I will report back here.

12 hours ago, moknows said:

I am flying into Rio and cruising out the next day.  I have tried to apply on line for the evisa but I cant seem to get past the page 5 address details.  Any suggestions?

What is on page 5? I was able to finish the whole process back on Dec 6. The photo has to be under 1 MB, it was the trickiest.

Not that this helps much, but two notes:

1.  The website is slower this weekend. Or not working at times.

2.  Holland America sent a note to put ship itinerary instead of the airplane arrival info. We have submitted, but have not heard back.

3 hours ago, Mosaic said:

Not that this helps much, but two notes:

1.  The website is slower this weekend. Or not working at times.

2.  Holland America sent a note to put ship itinerary instead of the airplane arrival info. We have submitted, but have not heard back.

Please, keep us inform once you hear back. The help desk did not get back to me if we can apply NOW if we are arriving by land or by sea OR if we have to wait until Jan 10.