Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

We have plenty of time as our cruise is not until January but I now see that the Visa requirement starts January 10th. And i'm wondering from the united states What is the best way to acquire the visa.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/embaixada-camberra/English/consular-section/visas/visit-visa Updated in Nov 14, 2023 11:06 PM, :

"The Brazilian Government has postponed the coming into force of the visa requirement for citizens from Australia, Canada, and the United States of America."

@deec Do you have a link that says the visa is available to apply for?

Edited by topkatz
Quote web site

6 hours ago, deec said:

Looking at this web page: even though the paperwork is filled out online, it seems like the resulting form must be printed out and brought to a Brazilian consulate.  My understanding is that closer to the implementation of the visa requirement, an e-Visa will become available which is completely an online process.

14 hours ago, deec said:

hoping that is true.  we are only going for a few hours to the Brazil side of Iguaza Falls one day...won't be paying $185/pp to go.

Our story exactly, planned to go to the Brazil side before heading to the airport for our flight to Buenos Aries that afternoon.  If we were spending multiple days the cost would not be an issue as it is a small % of the overall trip but the hassle of getting the visa is a show-stoper.  I can appreciate that Brazil feels slighted by the US fees and wishes to reciprocate but going from no visa to a formalized application for tourists staying just a few days seems counter-productive.

Will keep looking online to see if the e-visa approach goes live in December but a further delay would not be unexpected.

Like several of you, my wife and I are only planning to briefly visit Brazil to see their side of the Iguazu Falls.  Based on everything I have read online, I fully expect to see an easy to get e-Visa to become available well in advance of our late January 2024 visit.  

If the process is complicated or expensive we will forgo that part of our plans.  Let’s just keep watching for news and post to this thread when there are updates.

New update from the Brazilian authorities today...

https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/embaixada-camberra/English/consular-section/visas/visit-visa

"As of January 10, 2024, citizens from Australia, Canada, and the USA will be required to apply for a visitor visa to travel to Brazil for tourism. The link to apply for an e-visa is expected to be available on December 4, 2023"

• Like 4

Thanks for that update.  I went back to the official Brazil site. It was updated yesterday.  Shows a fee of $80 and connects you to the site you referenced above.

FIngers crossed this will be an easy process !! If anyone gets it done, please post.

The FAQ recommends to apply for the e-Visa 2 months in advance of your travel to Brazil, although the typical processing time is only 5 working days.

Since we are traveling to Brazil in late January, I will start working on the application right away.  If the cost was any higher, we would likely forgo our 1 day visit to the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls.

8 hours ago, safarijm said:

Filled out/downloaded info but payment processing isn’t working. Chatted with vfglobal but they haven’t a clue. If anyone gets submitted please post.

thanks

Thanks for the info.  I have the same issue.  Will try debit card as you did.

It looks like the info they need uploaded is:

- JPEG of passport page

- 2" X 2" passport/visa photo

- Bank info OR credit card statement OR paycheck

- round trip flight itinerary

My flights go into Santiago and depart from Buenos Aries.  We do have transportation from Puerto Iguazu to the falls and from the falls to IGR.  I'll send the flights and falls transport info, hope that works...

Updated:  Received email that I needed to reupload financial data.  Checking statement was for one month and showed my minimum balance was $600 even though I've run $20,000 thru the account.  Required two months of statement with a minimum balance of $2000.  Reloaded another account that met this requirement and will wait for updated status.   FWIW you must respond within 12 hours or application will be moved to inactive status...   Government bureaucracy is so much fun(NOT).  The good news they've apparently accepted my passport info, picture, and airline itinerary.

Here's a copy of the email if I didn't explain properly....

Date: 03/12/2023
Dear ,
To complete the processing of your Brazil visa application, the Embassy of Brazil requires the following documents and/or additional information.

Checklist Items

Please re-upload Financial Proof

Comments

PLEASE PROVIDE BANK STATEMENT OF LAST TWO MONTHS WITH MINIMUM BALANCE OF 2000$.
Please upload these documents on your application by accessing your account online.
Kindly note that your application cannot proceed until we receive all these documents.
You must provide the above documents within 12 hours. In case of delay, your visa application will be processed as "Incomplete", which could result in the rejection of your visa application.
Please note that visa fees and service fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page or Contact Us directly.
Thank you,
Customer Support - Brazil Visa Service.