Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

Keep the faith, it will happen. We applied on Dec 6 and have not received our e-visas yet. However, Brazil is now reviewing them as hubby and I are “Under review”. It is just bureaucracy as when asked to resubmit some of the documents, I reloaded the same documents and it went through ‘Quality Control’. I guess, employees need to justify their positions!

Keep the faith!

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog

We have planned a DIY, post-cruise trip to Iguazu Falls from Buenos Aries, staying on the Argentina side. I had hoped to make a day trip across the border to see the Brazil side. At this point, I'm thinking we'll just stay on the Argentina side. Too much hassle  and expense for a day trip to Brazil. 

On 12/23/2023 at 3:47 PM, davencl said:

I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this but did read on some guide(don't remember where) you may need to stick cotton balls behind your ears to make them visible.  

My husband’s photo was rejected because they wrote that  his ears weren’t showing…and he has a military hair cut.

On 12/23/2023 at 10:49 AM, SophieM said:

so, are we the only two who missed the advice to have ears showing? Never even occurred to me, and they’re quite hidden on my passport. 🤪

You ears must be showing - many have been rejected for this - see my How to get a Brazil Visa Guide HERE   -  My guide gives you very detailed insight into how to get your Brazil visa - Free download - no registration - no ads 

Slide7.thumb.JPG.eab432adf188aeea7223d82e2ea03ce9.JPGimage.thumb.png.6f8c2efae6f0506d77a9aa3f087c9119.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

On 12/24/2023 at 9:26 AM, Mercruiser said:

We have planned a DIY, post-cruise trip to Iguazu Falls from Buenos Aries, staying on the Argentina side. I had hoped to make a day trip across the border to see the Brazil side. At this point, I'm thinking we'll just stay on the Argentina side. Too much hassle  and expense for a day trip to Brazil. 

We have a pre cruise trip to the Falls and like you, are staying on the Argentina side.   We have four weeks.  I am a little worried that we won’t receive our visas back in time.    But my main question is:   What is so great about seeing it from the Brazilian side?   How far of a drive is it?

We are older and enjoy a down day every couple days so, I am wondering if we should just skip it.

any thoughts?

what is the average time that it has taken to get your visas?

Edited by oldfashioncruiser

Wow, Mercruiser,   That was exactly what I needed to read.  Sounds like we should try to do the Brazilian side.  And am so glad we can skip all the walking.  My husband has been having some feet pain lately.

One  more question:   I have my bank statement from December dated 12/03/2023.    Will that be too old for them?    I hate to wait until the end of next week to send it in.  I am afraid we won’t get it back in time.     Wondering if I go to the bank and they could give me my current balance on their letterhead.  And I could include that along with the December statement.

3 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

One  more question:   I have my bank statement from December dated 12/03/2023.    Will that be too old for them?    

Just a couple of days ago, they accepted my November bank statement.

Now if I can just get them to accept our South America flights (not into Brazil) for my wife’s application that they already accepted for mine, we would be all set!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tvgraves said:

Some good news:  My evisa came in over night.  My wife is still stuck in "pending upload document", but we are making progress

That is great news.  Did you have any rejects in your application?  What was your time line been?

I have gone from "Under Check" to "Pending Document Requested" and have been hanging a "Pending, Document Uploaded" for quite some time.  The process is taking forever, I am sure Christmas doesn't help.

I'm flying down for a few weeks for a family event, and I just had mine rejected with a request to reupload my travel itinerary. I originally included the actual e-ticket document from the airline (including name, dates, flights, ticket and booking numbers, and even price).

I think the employees at VFS either have some kind of target to quality control a certain percentage of applications, or they are supposed to be getting through a certain number and have realized it's easier to just reject them arbitrarily than to actually look at the documents.

Current timeline:

6 Dec - signed up and started application

19 Dec - completed application and payment

25 Dec - QC hold (re-upload bank statement* and itinerary)

27 Dec - New documents uploaded

* I originally uploaded the 30-day bank info on 6 Dec, so I guess fair enough that they wanted the latest two weeks. But the itinerary? I call BS.

52 minutes ago, 0bsessed said:

That is great news.  Did you have any rejects in your application?  What was your time line been?

I have gone from "Under Check" to "Pending Document Requested" and have been hanging a "Pending, Document Uploaded" for quite some time.  The process is taking forever, I am sure Christmas doesn't help.

Our initial application and payment was Dec 10th.  I had to re-upload my 2x2 and then my bank statement.  Went to QC completed status (meaning docs were approved) on 12/16.  It then took til 12/26 to get final visa

My wife's followed the same timeline, except she has been stuck in "Pending Upload" for longer.  I did her final upload of a new bank statement on 12/19.

And just five minutes ago her status improved to "QC completed".  

Interestingly, both times that the log jam has shown some progress came after me emailing customer support.  They never answer, but the next day the app moves forward one step.

I recommend a polite email to them (address is in the process doc that has been uploaded to this thread by another user)

Is there anyone out there that can help me figure out why I can't upload my husband's passport pic.  Nothing is uploaded but it shows the doc page complete???   I am hesitant to pay without his pic attached to the doc page.   I have tried everything.   File size is fine.  Can someone private message me through this forum to help?

Well, this is a bit scary. I just got “the” email from VFS only asking me to resubmit my airline reservation showing my name, which I already knew I’d not included, so I was ready for that. Off it’s gone back to VFS lala land. I now show “pending document uploaded.” No request for passport showing ears, but I was ready for that, too. Still only cautiously optimistic. Waiting to hear on husband’s that I  did a day later with the same files. By the way, I did it all on an IPad, so apparently no issues there. Initial submission was 12/22. 

31 minutes ago, moknows said:

Is there anyone out there that can help me figure out why I can't upload my husband's passport pic.  Nothing is uploaded but it shows the doc page complete???   I am hesitant to pay without his pic attached to the doc page.   I have tried everything.   File size is fine.  Can someone private message me through this forum to help?

Did you read: https://www.theinsidecabin.com/

Sorry nothing else to add…

Just now, moknows said:

yes I have.  I was able to upload mine.  But not my husbands.  

I would shut off my computer entirely. Then reenter the application from scratch. If that does not work, your photo is tge problem. Is it ending with JPEG or whatever else they are recommending. When I airdrop a photo to my Mac, it does not end with JPEG so I had to re-save it as jpeg… I hope this is your problem…

Unfortunately i am going to have to wait till his gets further in the process because right now it says "submission success" so I can't amend anything till he gets an initial evaluation and then I assume they will ask us to "resubmit" his photo.  I was able to submit his application without any passport photo attached...probably shouldn't have done that.