Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

Just now, The-Inside-Cabin said:

There is something called a family evisa - when do you see the add applicant option? After you paid for yourself?

It was before. I decided to not use that and do a separate application for my wife. I did the payment but didn't get the Success paget you show or a confirmation number. I see it pending on my CC acct but no confirmation email. When I log back in it takes me back to the payment page. Any advice? Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

It was before. I decided to not use that and do a separate application for my wife. I did the payment but didn't get the Success paget you show or a confirmation number. I see it pending on my CC acct but no confirmation email. When I log back in it takes me back to the payment page. Any advice? Thanks. 

If you didn't get the success page - the charge probably didn't go - but with the pending - that is odd. what happened after you pressed pay?  did the wheel spin and flash or did you get sent back to your dashboard?

2 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

If you didn't get the success page - the charge probably didn't go - but with the pending - that is odd. what happened after you pressed pay?  did the wheel spin and flash or did you get sent back to your dashboard?

I got sent to a login page and it said 7 steps out of 7 complete, submission pending. 

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

I got sent to a login page and it said 7 steps out of 7 complete, submission pending. 

I would logout of everything - start a fresh session  and  try again - I get best results with edge.   It's unlikely but possible you could get a double charge - in which case you could dispute the second charge.   If you are not in any hurry, you could come back in a few days after you see what happens to the pending charge - I suspect the system hit your card - caused the pending - but lost connection or something and never sent the final step to close the deal.   

24 minutes ago, ORV said:

It looks like if you add an applicant - then you both get the same reference number and your application will succeed or fail as a group - not sure - I would rather have two separate reference numbers to avoid getting things tangled together.   It shouldn't matter, but I would rather keep them separate.

6 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I would logout of everything - start a fresh session  and  try again - I get best results with edge.   It's unlikely but possible you could get a double charge - in which case you could dispute the second charge.   If you are not in any hurry, you could come back in a few days after you see what happens to the pending charge - I suspect the system hit your card - caused the pending - but lost connection or something and never sent the final step to close the deal.   

I just completed my wife's and her's went through. I am using Edge. So you're saying instead of going to the payment page, which it brings up when I log in, to start all over? We are a bit of a hurry, leaving Jan 19th. 

Edited by ORV

1 minute ago, ORV said:

I just completed my wife's and her's went through. I am using Edge. So you're saying instead of going to the payment page, which is brings up when I log in to start all over? We are a bit of a hurry, leaving Jan 19th. 

No - don't start all over - start over with a fresh browser session - sometimes cookies and stuff hanng around cause problems....I would log completely out - log in with  new OTP - then continue on to the payment page after you log back in and try again.

20 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

No - don't start all over - start over with a fresh browser session - sometimes cookies and stuff hanng around cause problems....I would log completely out - log in with  new OTP - then continue on to the payment page after you log back in and try again.

Ok, it looks like the second time was the charm. I got a successful outcome with an Evisa number. Thank you again for all your assistance. Now I'll be hearing the old Tom Petty song, The Waiting, in my head. It could be worse. 

• Like 1

Hey Guinea Pigs....ONE VISA HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

So apparently the system does work.  My wife is still in the "approved" stage, but obviously we feel much better now. We had to resubmit the passport photo 2 times for her so far. We will see!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Hey Guinea Pigs....ONE VISA HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

So apparently the system does work.  My wife is still in the "approved" stage, but obviously we feel much better now. We had to resubmit the passport photo 2 times for her so far. We will see!

What date was submission?just gives us a timeline.

Just now, Mosaic said:

Submitted on Dec. 6, I am quite sure.  Yes, with fits and starts.  Since the "final" "approval" it has been over a week in wait.

Ok thank you. So a couple of weeks it seems. If they are looking at these through a microscope, they will need to hite more people it seems.

1 hour ago, tottenhamfc said:

Ok thank you. So a couple of weeks it seems. If they are looking at these through a microscope, they will need to hite more people it seems.

Just curious for those who have already applied and received requests for additional or corrected information—how soon after submission did those start happening?  Thanks!

-Applied on Dec 6.

-Resubmitted (photo for myself) and (photo, bank statement and flight for hubby) on Dec 6 or 7. As our bank statement was the same and they had accepted mine, I reloaded the same bank statement for hubby and same photo as it was under 1 MB. I entered again our cruise document under flight document.
-Dec 15 Received ‘Quality Control Approved’ email and ‘Recommend by VFS’ status on their website for hubby

-Dec 16 Received ‘Quality Control Approved’ email and ‘Recommend by VFS’ status on their website for myself.

Nothing since.

They are working on my patience!

23 minutes ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

-Applied on Dec 6.

-Resubmitted (photo for myself) and (photo, bank statement and flight for hubby) on Dec 6 or 7. As our bank statement was the same and they had accepted mine, I reloaded the same bank statement for hubby and same photo as it was under 1 MB. I entered again our cruise document under flight document.
-Dec 15 Received ‘Quality Control Approved’ email and ‘Recommend by VFS’ status on their website for hubby

-Dec 16 Received ‘Quality Control Approved’ email and ‘Recommend by VFS’ status on their website for myself.

Nothing since.

Out of curiosity did you redact the account numbers on the statement? Just wondering if they require it. Not comfortable with giving it TBH

20 hours ago, cashmeremypuppydog said:

-Applied on Dec 6.

Nothing since.

Follow up from my post from yesterday (Dec 22)

Dec 23: I just checked our status and they both have changed to ‘Under Check’. I really did a happy dance 🤣. As explained on the graph posted a few days ago, we did not receive an email to let us know our status had changed.

The next step is “Approved”. Hopefully we obtain this status before Christmas as it would be our Christmas gift! 🎁 

It is making our day!

Good luck to everyone waiting patiently for their e-visa 🎅🏼.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, SophieM said:

So, I just heard from a friend, not on roll, that Visa Central rejected her visa photo because her ears weren’t showing. Has anyone else experienced this from any of the submission sites?

I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this but did read on some guide(don't remember where) you may need to stick cotton balls behind your ears to make them visible.  

13 minutes ago, davencl said:

I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this but did read on some guide(don't remember where) you may need to stick cotton balls behind your ears to make them visible.  

Give me a break! Do we all have to look like Dumbo or Alfred E Neuman. This is just silly and beurocratic. So as a female you show your ears and they dont match the picture on your passport because the passport doesn’t require that. Ridiculous 

Edited by tottenhamfc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tottenhamfc said:

Give me a break! Do we all have to look like Dumbo or Alfred E Neuman. This is just silly and beurocratic. So as a female you show your ears and they dont match the picture on your passport because the passport doesn’t require that. Ridiculous 

It just keeps getting worse, doesn’t it? I just sent an email to our consulate in Chicago yesterday, and that was before I knew about the ear thing. They’re probably going to get another one next week. 

1 minute ago, SophieM said:

It just keeps getting worse, doesn’t it? I just sent an email to our consulate in Chicago yesterday, and that was before I knew about the ear thing. They’re probably going to get another one next week. 

I also sent one to our Vancouver consulate. I wanted them to realize that we understand that you need a visa but make it user friendly. Especially for people coming off cruiseships for a few hours. We have to get back on the ship so there is no fear of staying and requiring thousands of dollars of banking proof. I think the cruiselines should play hardball and threaten to avoid Brazilian ports. I wouldnt like to miss them but some pressure is required I think. I cannot imagine how many people who are not computer literate or not versed in Portuguese or English can accomplish this. We speak English and are computer literate and it is not simple. A Mac doesnt work well.

• Like 1

I used my "clout" a large aircraft Captain, in uniform,  to talk my way into the Miami Consulate with no appointment on Monday.  While they sympathized with my frustrations, they could not help with the evisa process.  The people working at the consulate are just as frustrated as we are.  Doesn't get me any closer to getting an Evisa.   My latest status again is  "Pending Documents Uploaded".  Sometimes that lasts a day and they ask for more docs or sometimes it lasts a week and they ask for more docs.  I applied Dec 7.