Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

I would wait for advice from the cruiseline TBH. If it gets too complicated I guess the option is not getting off the ship. I am on a B2B 

and have a port stop in Sao Paulo on 1st leg, then Rio as the start of the 2nd leg and then Salvadore de Bahia as a stop. 

just heard back from visa service.  They want me to resubmit passport bio page, passport photo, finacial bank statement up to Nov 31st (not even a legitimate date!) and resubmit round trip ticket.  I am leaving Rio on a cruise ship.  I supplied them with the cruise ship information already.  I don't have a RT ticket on Delta.  Only an arival flight.  My bank statements are from 22nd to the 22nd.  So i don't have anything from the 22 of nov to the last day of nov.

AND all this has to be resubumitted within 12 hours of their request.  So keep checking your emails if you are going thru this process.  Sometimes I am in the air 12 hours with no internet....!!!!!!

Just now, moknows said:

just heard back from visa service.  They want me to resubmit passport bio page, passport photo, finacial bank statement up to Nov 31st (not even a legitimate date!) and resubmit round trip ticket.  I am leaving Rio on a cruise ship.  I supplied them with the cruise ship information already.  I don't have a RT ticket on Delta.  Only an arival flight.  My bank statements are from 22nd to the 22nd.  So i don't have anything from the 22 of nov to the last day of nov.

AND all this has to be resubumitted within 12 hours of their request.  So keep checking your emails if you are going thru this process.  Sometimes I am in the air 12 hours with no internet....!!!!!!

Not good. That is why I would like guidance from Celebrity. Sometimes they can aply on behalf of the manifest if you are not flying into a country. 

Hello all,

Here is another update.

I received this on Dec 11 (see photo below). Also, our visa applications are still pending… I called again my credit card company and our “dispute” is pending for 2 weeks so if we receive our visas, I just have to call Visa and they remove the dispute. They advised me to keep the dispute as if I don’t receive them by Dec 22 (2 weeks from the day the charge was posted) Brazil government should definitely not be paid.

Our situation: we want to enter Brazil to see Iguazu Falls for a few hours on Jan 30 or 31. We are not even sleeping in Brazil. Later, on Feb 20, we will be boarding Seabourn cruise which will stop at many ports in Brazil…

I applied on Dec 6 (the web site was still saying “arriving by air”). On Dec 7, the web site was saying “by air, land and sea”. They asked me to resubmit only my photo. They asked hubby to resubmit his photo, bank statements and flights (😱🤬😡🤯). We resent our flight from Buenos Aires to Iguazu (Argentina side) on Jan 29  and Iguazu to Salta, Argentina on Feb 1. What more do they need? 
They are just NOT ready to give visas for people arriving by land and sea.

Plus. I am emailing the e-visa helping desk non-stop and they are useless with generic replies…

IMG_0224.jpeg

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog

@cashmeremypuppydog I have a very similar situation and similar experience with my eVisa.  I applied on December 3 and had to upload some new documents a few days later and the application seems to have been in limbo ever since.  Today I received an email from VFS and the status now shows “Quality control completed”.  Apparently the application has transition from VFS to a review by Brazilian authorities now.  I am hopeful it will be approved soon.  

Good luck! 

On 12/12/2023 at 6:12 AM, slewis7 said:

@cashmeremypuppydog I have a very similar situation and similar experience with my eVisa.  I applied on December 3 and had to upload some new documents a few days later and the application seems to have been in limbo ever since.  Today I received an email from VFS and the status now shows “Quality control completed”.  Apparently the application has transition from VFS to a review by Brazilian authorities now.  I am hopeful it will be approved soon.  

Good luck! 

I received Quality control complete 12-3 and still havent received the visa. Do you have any other contact info ? Brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com (6 times) ,they give case # and 24 hr response time but nada! Frustrated

8 minutes ago, safarijm said:

I received Quality control complete 12-3 and still havent received the visa. Do you have any other contact info ? Brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com (6 times) ,they give case # and 24 hr response time but nada! Frustrated

My application status now shows “Under check”.  I share your frustration with this process.  You might consider trying the Chat function using your phone, however there was no one available to answer on their end when I tried it.

1 minute ago, slewis7 said:

My application status now shows “Under check”.  I share your frustration with this process.  You might consider trying the Chat function using your phone, however there was no one available to answer on their end when I tried it.

Update

After 5-one hour calls to Seabourn (within 24 hrs), I finally received an email from Lisa, Supervisor of Documentation office and I replied immediately with our problem/situation.

‘Hello Lisa,
Thank you so much for reaching out to me. I am very frustrated as I have tried EVERYTHING possible to obtain an accurate answer from Brazil e-visa. Please read below emails. First, my booking is xxxx 
I am leaving Canada on Jan 1 for 12-week.
I am board HAL on Jan 7 and disembarking in Buenos Aires on jan 29. We are flying to IGR (Iguazú Falls on Argentina side) on Jan 29
On Jan 30 or 31, we want to visit Iguazú Falls Brazil side.
Feb 1, fly to Salta, Argentina.
Feb 20, board Seabourn booking: xxxx 

I applied for e-visa on Dec 5 when their website stated by Air. On Dec 6, they ask us to reload photos and flight.
We have been status: Pending Document Uploaded since Sat.

Chantal    BRAxxxxxxx  passport: HGxxx  DOB:  xx
Dennis    BRAxxx  passport: HGxxx. DOB: xxx

Can you please email your contact in Brazil to see if we have to reapply for our visas? They will look into your request more than me and trust me, I email them every single day!!!! I am stressed out as I want it done before we leave Canada on Jan 1.

Many people on CruiseCritic went from 'Pending Document Uploaded’ to ‘Quality Control Completed’ and they applied yesterday or 2 days ago.

Below are all my emails sent to e-visa help desk!
Good luck’

i just woke up and Dennis received an email from VFSGlobal (e-visa), They stated ‘Quality Control Completed’. We are so happy as we now know we don’t have to reapply. I am now confident I will receive an email soon…

I don’t know if it is a coincidence but I believe Lisa (Seabourn) has something to do with this. Regardless, I have to thank Seabourn on this forum as yesterday I vented on this forum…

Thank you for “listening” to me all of you!

Dennis is now “Recommended by VFS” (2 hours from receiving the VFSGlobal’s email). Anybody knows when he should receive his e-visa or how many more steps there is when you are “Recommended by VFS”?

Good luck to everyone obtaining your e-visa.

I just received an email from Lisa:

"Thank you for the information it’s very helpful, let me review. We do not have a contact in Brazil other than the Port Agent that advises the visa requirements and restrictions. There is a Sr Management meeting with the HAL and SBN EXEC tonight to discus the Brazil EVisa issue and looking at policy and protocols on boarding guest and the regulations. " 

I hope it is helpful info for this roll call.

3 hours ago, Mosaic said:

I have not heard of anyone yet receiving the actual Visa. 

I received mine in 5 days - applied 2 Dec Visa arrived on 7 Dec

image.thumb.jpeg.778f28d46aa697d0978eed05f9d79038.jpeg

I wrote an HOW TO GET YOUR BRAZIL VISA GUIDE - see my website  -

www.theinsidecabin.com to download 

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1

The-inside-cabin,

Are you arriving by air?
When I applied on Dec 6, I was told on Dec 7  I would not receive an e-visa by the ‘help desk e-visa’ as I was not arriving by air. Later, the website changed on Dec 7-8 for ‘Air, Land & Sea’. 
If you are arriving by Land or Sea, you are extremely lucky… Applying is not difficult, just time consuming… Seabourn themselves have confirmed many, many cruisers are in the same  situation. I guess we have to be very patient!

UPDATE

My visa is now “Recommended by VFS” as my application passed the ‘Quality Control Completed’. I did a happy dance and high-five hubby as I was reading that email.
If ‘The-Inside-Cabin’ is arriving by AIR, then, I am thinking from what I have received in my several emails from the ‘help-desk e-visa’, we will receive our e-visa on or after Jan 10.  Let’s hope I am wrong… as I would like to put this stressful situation behind me as soon as possible.

On 12/15/2023 at 1:48 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I wrote a presentation "How to get a Brazil Visa"  with lots of tips.   I applied for mine on Dec 2 and I received it on Dec 7th with no errors along the way

You can find it on my website HERE 

Look for this link on the front page

image.png.fb29d0783c22b2a4ce615c417a1c00de.png

You did an outstanding job in explaining how to obtain a Brazilian e-visa!

• Thanks 1