Balcony vs. Club Balcony Suite NCL Encore

22kdowning

First time cruiser on NCL , MAY Encore trip to Alaska. A bit worried about the passenger size and effect on dining  and show reservaions along with getting off ship in time for booked excursions. My largest ship so far  had 2000 passengers on RCL  last time cruising.

If you're asking about the 2 stateroom categories, the main difference is the size of the bathroom/shower. The living room area and sleeping arrangements (sleeps 3 or sleeps 4) are the same. 

There are similar categories that have a larger balcony (B6, M6) and the aft-facing staterooms have different characteristics, different balcony sizes, etc. but for side balcony staterooms, the balcony and Club balcony are mostly the same.  

9 hours ago, 22kdowning said:

First time cruiser on NCL , MAY Encore trip to Alaska. A bit worried about the passenger size and effect on dining  and show reservaions along with getting off ship in time for booked excursions. My largest ship so far  had 2000 passengers on RCL  last time cruising.

wrt Balcony versus Club Balcony, the room size is the same. In the Club Balcony, you get a bigger bathroom with double sinks and a full size walk in shower. We always book a Club Balcony because as we have gotten older and less mobile/flexible, the bigger shower helps a lot over the "transporter tubes" in the regular balconies. 

NCL embraces freestyle cruising. You show up to eat when you are hungry or when it fits your schedule. If you show up at the peak dinner time, you will likely have a short wait for a table. There are three main dining rooms, all serving the same menu. The Manhattan Room is the largest with Taste and Savor being smaller dining rooms. You also can dine complimentary in The Local Pub and Grill (available 24 hours a day), and the Garden Cafe Buffet. 

There is only one show, Choir of Man, that you can reserve on the Encore. All other shows are first-come-first-serve. Post #29 on the link below has an example listing of the major shows on Encore on an itinerary identical to yours. The rest of the post below has photos of the Encore on our cruise to Alaska. 

The second link below has all of the Encore Freestyle Dailies on an itinerary identical to yours. The dailies will give you an idea on the types of entertainment available every night of your cruise. 

• Like 1

We had a Club Balcony on the Encore last Jan '22..it was super! We loved the double vanities ( how nice it was to be able to have BOTH of us brush our hair, or teeth at the same time..) , but the best thing was the shower...OMG, you could've put Hulk Hogan in there! It was the best shower in 45 cruises we've taken...but it again the NCL Joy, which we cruised April '23 for 12 nights..again , super! We have also booked the Escape in Dec and of course, booked a Club Balcony!

Big Al

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

Club Balcony Suite allows online dining reservations five days earlier than lesser cabins; offers one free laundry bag; and guarantees access to the first morning tender at tender ports.

Isn't it amazing how NCL manages to hide this information?

On 10/5/2023 at 8:50 AM, 22kdowning said:

I am referring to exactly what are the perks associated with the club balcony suite.

13 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

Club Balcony Suite allows online dining reservations five days earlier than lesser cabins; offers one free laundry bag; and guarantees access to the first morning tender at tender ports.

Thank you. Do you get to embark earlier at the Seattle port andvhave a different waiting lounge like RCL?

2 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Dunno, a google search of "NCL club balcony suite"  brought up the 1st thing an NCL page that listed what you get?    Only thing I'm not sure about and maybe IS hidden in the access to first tender in the AM..   Heck on the same page shows the differences between club and normal.  Calling certain things "exclusive" is kinda funny... like TV, safe, hair dryer..   Dont think that kind of stuff is exactly exclusive.. 

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Distinctive Purple Keycard
  • Pre-book onboard dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing
  • 1 complimentary valet laundry
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
  • Treats delivered to your stateroom twice per week.
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens and pillows
  • Lemongrass bathroom products
  • Bathrobes
  • TV, refrigerator, safe, and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed.
  • Coffee maker & ice bucket available upon request.
  • 24-hour standard room service menu
  • Continental breakfast menu

Exclusive Balcony Stateroom Amenities

• Bathrobes available upon request.
  • Sitting area

• Like 2

Haven Suites, and then Suites, will receive first priority. Upper Latitudes levels will receive next level of priority.  Then, CBS, balconies, and others.

*** Also, some NCL booked excursions might get first priority depending on some circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Dunno, a google search of "NCL club balcony suite"  brought up the 1st thing an NCL page that listed what you get?    Only thing I'm not sure about and maybe IS hidden in the access to first tender in the AM..   Heck on the same page shows the differences between club and normal.  Calling certain things "exclusive" is kinda funny... like TV, safe, hair dryer..   Dont think that kind of stuff is exactly exclusive.. 

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Distinctive Purple Keycard
  • Pre-book onboard dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing
  • 1 complimentary valet laundry
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
  • Treats delivered to your stateroom twice per week.
  • Bathrobes
  • Sitting area

Exclusive Balcony Stateroom Amenities

• Bathrobes available upon request.
  • Sitting area

Thanks for pointing that out. I've never seen this page before.

I just looked on the NCL site and found it - under the "Explore" tabs.

So, I retract my complaint - partially.

I have a Club Balcony booked for this January. I selected this level based on the information provided in the booking process. While in the booking mode, the first 6 items are not mentioned, nor Continental Breakfast. I also happen to have an NCL cruise book (hard copy). Okay, it's 3 years old, but NONE of these features are mentioned there either.

I'm pleased with some of these benefits being available, but you really have to look for it.

Also, in a similar context, I recently discovered their Military Appreciation Program by spotting a posting on this board. I've been on NCL cruises (not as many as many folks on here) for over 20 years. Never knew there was one. Apparently they had it, discontinued it and reinstated in last November. I was fully paid when I became aware of it, which seems to a cut off for applying the discount. However, I managed to get it a few days ago by being persistent - and learning that NCL makes exceptions to their rule if you are still far out from the sail date. Anyway, it is an item under the Cruise Deals Tab.

Seems a potential customer has to peruse every tab and sub tab on the site to know some information. And that's a lot.

• Thanks 1

We also have booked a Club Balcony for our first time on NCL so appreciate the additional info about what is included with that particular booking. Where it lists "24-hour room service menu" and "continental  breakfast menu", is that not something that is in every cabin? I had assumed that these would be standard and you pay for the food items and the delivery fee...what am I missing?

12 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

I have no idea why you would say this, other than taking cheap shots with zero substantiation. The perks are clearly defined if you bothered to look up what you get with the cabin class. 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I have no idea why you would say this, other than taking cheap shots with zero substantiation. The perks are clearly defined if you bothered to look up what you get with the cabin class. 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

Ain't nothing cheap about it. I still find it quite valid.

As for the link you provided (helpful for some to use now), as I stated in my post, I already found and read it (today).

I thought I clearly made my point - the link you provided is listed on the site in what I will call a sub-menu. One needs to spend a bit of time searching through a lot of tabs to find it. As I also mentioned, most of these (nice) features are not mentioned at all when you walk through the booking process. And not anywhere at all in their 2 inch thick cruise book. I had no idea that this information was there to be found - that's why I didn't look.

The way you tend to defend almost anything negative about NCL makes me wonder if you are a major stockholder, LOL.

Anyway, I am not here to take pot shots at NCL. I have sailed with them several times starting around 2001. I'm a fan - or I wouldn't be on here now. I booked my January cruise in a Club Balcony without even knowing about these other perks.

My basic point here is that the perks should be more prominently shown to a potential customer. Or, if they think space is too tight in that part of their web layout - place a link so that the customer can see all of what they are getting for their buck - it could only increase passenger interest in this cabin class.

47 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

My basic point here is that the perks should be more prominently shown to a potential customer.  - it could only increase passenger interest in this cabin class.

No, no, no. We club balcony fanatics prefer it just the way it is.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.... 😆