Platinum Check-in

JimmyTheSaint

Our check-in opens in a couple of days time and it's our first time cruising as Platinum but we have a travelling companion who's Gold and her check-in starts two days later. I booked both cabins and I'm the person listed as Managing the guests. If we book a check-in time we're assuming that we wouldn't be able to get the same slot two days later when the rest of check-in begins booking. When we arrive at the cruise terminal will they allow the three of us to check in and board together or are they strict about sticking to the time booked. If they're strict about it we'll just wait for booking the check-in and not do it on the earlier date for Platinum. Thanks.

We had the same on our last cruise out of Norfolk in August. We are platinum, my daughter gold and we had a newbie couple. I got 11, my daughter got 11:30 and the newbies got  12:30. We got there around 12 because parking took so long but they sent us right through in the platinum line and there was a line for early arrivals.   Just take the early time and go with them. Don't know about other ports.

If she's Gold, then she's a veteran who won't have questions regarding checking in at the port. 

There were five rooms on our last cruise... all different check-in times at the port.  Wasn't an issue meeting up... we just kept in contact via text messaging.

I wouldn't give it another thought... probably less than an hour's difference in getting aboard. 

This question comes up almost every day. Do a quick scan of the last few pages and you will see the responses.

I suspect you already know the "official" answer to the question. The shore-side pier personnel should be policing the checkin times and boarding zones. Will they be policing the times and zones? Maybe. Maybe not. 

Edited by stobe1

The only folks allowed to board in a Priority position are guests occupying the same cabin or minor children of the Priority guest. No, you can't take your friend from the cabin down the hall with you. Yes, you can wait for their boarding position to be called and get onboard with them.

That's precisely what we'll be doing in about 6 weeks when our non-Plat adult kids will be joining us on a cruise. It's going to be a whole extra 20 minutes for us to wait. We think we'll survive.

• Like 4

I'm sorry but I have to reply to this.  I went out of my way to purchase FTTF and having people who are not platinum ect. board before me because of their traveling companions annoy me.  If they really wanted to get on board ahead of time they should have bought the FTTF like me and not sneak on with there companions.  It makes me feel like I just wasted my money on a perk someone else is going to get for no honest reason and for free. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

I feel your pain. There are people in all walks of life who find ways to cheat, break rules, and cut lines. It's not right, and it's frustrating. They are everywhere. I don't let them spoil my day. You can't control the actions of others; you can only control your own reaction to their bad hehavior. I find counting to ten is usually helpful.  

Edited by BobbiSox
typo
  • Like 1

I have gotten on the ship early and late. I have about 25 cruises on the books. I can understand purchasing FTTF if you are new to cruising. The excitement of the first cruise. In reality, there is really not that much to do when you get on early (the first 200) vs if you are number 1000. The biggest positive appears to be avoiding the long lines. This can be accomplished by getting on later and saving the money for an excursion/something fun. This is just an opinion based on my experience. 

3 hours ago, sydney dog said:

I'm sorry but I have to reply to this.  I went out of my way to purchase FTTF and having people who are not platinum ect. board before me because of their traveling companions annoy me.  If they really wanted to get on board ahead of time they should have bought the FTTF like me and not sneak on with there companions.  It makes me feel like I just wasted my money on a perk someone else is going to get for no honest reason and for free. Just my opinion.

Guests who are not Priority are allowed to board with their Priority cabin mate(s). That has been permissible for years and is not "sneaking" on or otherwise breaking any of Carnival's rules.  

What is on the Boarding Pass to indicate that you are Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, etc. for priority boarding ?

After check-in at the terminal, everyone is seated, waiting for clearance to start boarding.  Then a Carnival representative starts boarding passengers -- He calls out for Diamond A01 - A05 to board.  I see him look at the boarding pass as people funnel by him.  What exactly is on the Boarding Pass to indicate they are Diamond, and not just Platinum trying to sneak by ?

Does the boarding pass have "Daimond" printed on it ?
Does the boarding pass have "Platinum" printed on it ?
Does the boarding pass have "FTTF" printed on it ?

Anyone have a photo of a Diamond or Platinum boarding pass?

10 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

What is on the Boarding Pass to indicate that you are Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, etc. for priority boarding ?

After check-in at the terminal, everyone is seated, waiting for clearance to start boarding.  Then a Carnival representative starts boarding passengers -- He calls out for Diamond A01 - A05 to board.  I see him look at the boarding pass as people funnel by him.  What exactly is on the Boarding Pass to indicate they are Diamond, and not just Platinum trying to sneak by ?

The boarding passes DO say priority and do say whether you are platinum or Diamond.  Not sure about FTTF-they may just say priority.

30 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

The boarding passes DO say priority and do say whether you are platinum or Diamond.  Not sure about FTTF-they may just say priority.

That's evolved since the restart. My recollection is that Dia/Plats have a big PRIORITY stamp on the upper left corner of their BP. FttF is a slightly different but noticeable logo in the same spot. Port personnel are trained to see it. Most take actual boarding order quite seriously. 'I'm sorry ma'am. I see that you are C08. Please take a seat until we call your number.' 

11 hours ago, odis said:

Guests who are not Priority are allowed to board with their Priority cabin mate(s). That has been permissible for years and is not "sneaking" on or otherwise breaking any of Carnival's rules.  

That is not OP's situation.  The Gold friend is in another cabin.

11 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Screenshot_20231006_204245_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

• Like 1