Cabin selection on B2B cruises

Smmessineo

Hi everyone! I am looking to book a cruise for December 2024 on the Nieuw Statendam.. It is available as a 14 night or 2 7 night cruises. The 14 night is about $150 cheaper in total, plus my shareholder Inc would be 250 instead of 200. Sounds great! But the stateroom availability is abyssmal ! Looking at insides, plenty are same room  available on both legs, but they don't show in the 14 night, only these 7 cabins are bookable, they don't look to be great locations.

J 1040 and 1041

K 11012-11011

IQ 10007

I  4104

I  1115

Any ideas? I'm new to HAL  and appreciate any help! 

Edited by Smmessineo
Added info

I have heard on this board that sometimes HAL will give you the 250 in shareholder credit for 2, 7 days back to back.  No guarantee that this will happen for you, but be sure to ask for it when submitting you OBC shareholder request.

Also, use a HAL PCC or your TA to inquire about other cabin options.  They can often do things that you cannot when booking online.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I have heard on this board that sometimes HAL will give you the 250 in shareholder credit for 2, 7 days back to back.  No guarantee that this will happen for you, but be sure to ask for it when submitting you OBC shareholder request.

Not if it has two booking numbers.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Try submitting both at the same time.  Others have reported getting it.

That is exactly what we did.

We did a 10 day cruise and a 11 day cruise B2B and received the $250 split $125 for each cruise. 

• Like 1

Good to know about the shareholder Inc being adjusted. 

We're new to HAL and getting to know the good and bad locations on ships. 

I was wondering if it's worth taking a chance on one of these large interior state rooms showing available on the 14 night

Screenshot_20231005-162429.png

Screenshot_20231005-162457.png

Edited by Smmessineo

If you like the location of a cabin that is available on both 'legs' but not the combined cruise, a PCC can "call Inventory" and get them released to book as one. Assume a TA could do the same but cannot speak from experience.

I did not get the higher OBC on a 9-day plus 7-day B2B that was not bookable as one cruise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

If you like the location of a cabin that is available on both 'legs' but not the combined cruise, a PCC can "call Inventory" and get them released to book as one. Assume a TA could do the same but cannot speak from experience.

I did not get the higher OBC on a 9-day plus 7-day B2B that was not bookable as one cruise.

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. 

Good suggestions from everyone!

1 hour ago, Smmessineo said:

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. 

Good suggestions from everyone!

I have done this many times.  I find rooms I like and my pcc or the booking agent will get ship inventory to adjust the room availability.   I have even had them release the room I wanted from the next 21 day cruise after mine (2 cruises b2b) so I could have it for 21 days on a cruise earlier 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will use this info in the future ! I did book, and ended up picking a state room that showed as available on the 14 night. I-1115. It's a large inside, near the atrium .I was hesitant about the location but  It's a good way to try out different state rooms as we book on this cruise line that's new to us.

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 1