Israel Next week Voyager

lux4me

A church group from the Houston area just arrive home safely Mon or Tues. They were on an overland bus tour and were evacuated through Jordan after the airlines stopped flights Israel. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Earlier on this topic a poster said they knew 2 couples already in Israel touring before embarking on Voyager, I was hoping of an update of their situation and hopefully well-being. 

The two couples are stuck in Haifa.

Still trying to get a flight to Istanbul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rogerstone said:

I don't think that the crew have been mentioned. Presumably they don't have the option of avoiding this cruise, unlike the passengers. This might be a nightmare for some of them as well.

The are not prisoners. They can leave at any time subject to the visa laws of the country they are at.

2 hours ago, mrstanley said:

The two couples are stuck in Haifa.

Still trying to get a flight to Istanbul

That is really difficult. Sure hope they are getting help and not sure if Americans but has anyone heard about evacation efforts from the US government to get their citizens out? I ihave seen some private evacuations by bus etc but no flights. This is getting worse by the day over there. Hard to watch the news. Hoping all that want to can get out and prayers for all stuck there.

14 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

That is really difficult. Sure hope they are getting help and not sure if Americans but has anyone heard about evacation efforts from the US government to get their citizens out? I ihave seen some private evacuations by bus etc but no flights. This is getting worse by the day over there. Hard to watch the news. Hoping all that want to can get out and prayers for all stuck there.

These two couples are currently at the airport in Israel waiting for their flight to Dubai and then on to Istanbul.

The flight has been suspended.

6 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

I sympathise with all those who have had their travel plans so disrupted by the present ghastly situation. I hope you reach the ship safely & comfortably, and have an enjoyable cruise despite all the hassle.

What about those on board who still wish enjoy the cruise; including experiencing the fabulous things that Egypt has to offer?

If you personally feel unsafe in taking this cruise or flying to Istanbul on Friday 13th, then surely it is up to you to decide what to do; including cancelling if you are uncomfortable with proceeding with your booking. As regards cancellation penalties you will then have to put your arguments to Regent and/or your Travel Insurer.

There is absolutely no guarantee that Egypt will stay on the itinerary...those decisions are day to day and sometimes hour to hour.....the big unknown right now is the magnitude of Isirael's response and what impact this has on the region in general. Anyone going on the cruise has to be prepared for port changes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kathy49 said:

has anyone heard about evacation efforts from the US government to get their citizens out? I ihave seen some private evacuations by bus etc but no flights.

I have not heard of American evac, but the Canadian military has begun evac of Canadians from Israel. They are using Canadian military aircraft to fly people out of Israel to a hub in Athens. After that it is up to individuals to find their own way from there. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

I sympathise with all those who have had their travel plans so disrupted by the present ghastly situation. I hope you reach the ship safely & comfortably, and have an enjoyable cruise despite all the hassle.

What about those on board who still wish enjoy the cruise; including experiencing the fabulous things that Egypt has to offer?

If you personally feel unsafe in taking this cruise or flying to Istanbul on Friday 13th, then surely it is up to you to decide what to do; including cancelling if you are uncomfortable with proceeding with your booking. As regards cancellation penalties you will then have to put your arguments to Regent and/or your Travel Insurer.

I am well aware of my options Flossie09. Your point is moot since the cruise is preceding. Those who want to go will in fact go.

Kathy49 your point is valid.

I was trying to book a tour on Sunday before embarking and the road main road that runs along the Bosphorus where Galatport is Closed due the professional bike race.   I wonder is regent is aware of this and the impact of getting people to the airport and to the cruise ship.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

I was trying to book a tour on Sunday before embarking and the road main road that runs along the Bosphorus where Galatport is Closed due the professional bike race.   I wonder is regent is aware of this and the impact of getting people to the airport and to the cruise ship.  

I imagine they are now and will have to find "work arounds".

13 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

You have quit an imagination.  I hope the workaround is better than their response so far at least in our case.  After my response from Mr. Castellanos, I have cancelled all but one of my future cruises and certificates.  I will cancel the remaining one after I get back.  I am embarrassed that I recommended Regent to three other couples and I regret using Regent air.   

I am not imagining at all...what else can they do? I assume available ports are not that easy to find on short notice and this one has a local event. That said in general their response is poor and enough to not support them in the future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HotelSnob1 said:

Good to know about road closures on Sunday to the port. We will allow some extra time.   We just arrived today in Istanbul, independent, and Regent transfer along with Viking at the airport. Hotel for Regent guests? 

Yes regent might be able to work something out with the authorities but private transfer companies may not.  The race starts in the morning but 130km IDK how long that takes to finish given the mountains.  I tried to book a private morning tour and they said they can't do it due to closures.  I guess we can walk from the swissotel to the palace across the street.

Edited by Texasrocks

14 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Wondering how many passengers are stuck in in Israel and won’t be able to get to Istanbul to board the ship.

flight radar sites report most flights cancelled in/out of TLV and Haifa has some to Larnaca Cyprus..nothing to Istanbul.

4 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Kathy49…

These 2 couples are at the airport waiting for that flight to Dubai. It’s supposed to leave in 5 hours.

i see it on the list...El Al so good chance it will go as planned. El El must have some high tech way to avoid all the incoming. I wish them a safe on time trip...bet they will have a story to tell.

4 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

FYI there are bicycle races in Istanbul on Sunday the 15th so the roads into the old town are closed.  One day to tour there and can't see the sites.

is the tram open?  If so you can take it to the Sultanahmet and then just walk around to the sites.