Zero @ Seabourn rolled out

sfvoyage

12 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Also, was there any discussion of adding/changing the selection of NA wines which they offer?

Not that I am aware of, but I didn't explicitly ask.

They did offer me a bottle of frei sparkling wine, which I turned down because I had frei NA wine before once (on Silversea) and it tasted like sweet grape juice.  No thanks.

If you know of any good NA wines, please share them here.  Also, you can always special request them by emailing Seabourn guest services a couple of months prior to your cruise.

1 hour ago, sfvoyage said:

Not that I am aware of, but I didn't explicitly ask.

They did offer me a bottle of frei sparkling wine, which I turned down because I had frei NA wine before once (on Silversea) and it tasted like sweet grape juice.  No thanks.

If you know of any good NA wines, please share them here.  Also, you can always special request them by emailing Seabourn guest services a couple of months prior to your cruise.

Yes, we do order special requests. However, I'm just hoping to find an alternative to the provided NA wines they have. And, those I've tried at home and elsewhere have not proven to be much better, all tasting like grape juice. Just hoping................there must be something out there! 😉

On 10/10/2023 at 6:20 PM, tjcox9 said:

I find most mocktails way too sweet for me...

Always puzzles me that what's missing is a liquor bite to complement and contrast with the sweet, yet most mocktails just double-down on the sweet instead of finding an alternative contrast.

Have just spent a few weeks resort hopping in Thailand and the recent drink trends for cocktails/mocktails has seen some amazing experimenting and results - spices, chilli, cucumber, pepper, pimento, coconut, almond, lime - endless flavours and combos all delicious. We don’t like sweet and won’t have any syrups, soft drinks or diet anything. Every evening there was something new. Look forward to trying the new Seabourn offerings and putting the bar staff through their paces not to use premix (eerrk!)

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 8:12 PM, tjcox9 said:

Yes, we do order special requests. However, I'm just hoping to find an alternative to the provided NA wines they have. And, those I've tried at home and elsewhere have not proven to be much better, all tasting like grape juice. Just hoping................there must be something out there! 😉

We have just discovered Eins Zwei Zero sparkling rosé by a company called Leitz. It’s a de-alcoholized wine.  And it’s the best NA rosé we’ve had nice, not like grape juice. We also recently purchased a bottle of Proxies, which is not a de-alcoholized wine, but rather an approximation of wine. Apparently it’s been created by chefs as a completely new beverage. One that has the flavors, mouthfeel, etc. of wine rather than a wine that has gone through the fermentation and then remove-the-alcohol processes. We have yet to try it, but will update when we do.

6 hours ago, BeNice ToEveryone said:

We have just discovered Eins Zwei Zero sparkling rosé by a company called Leitz. It’s a de-alcoholized wine.  And it’s the best NA rosé we’ve had nice, not like grape juice. 

Will keep my eyes open for this one. Love the Provence rose' type though. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any updates on this implementation?  It looked like Odyssey and Encore both got it in October… but does anyone onboard the other ships have updates?

I'm specifically interested in Ovation since I board in two weeks, but I’m sure others want to know about the remaining ships as well. 

I will be interested in hearing if there are mocktails made without carbonated mixers.  While we do consume alcohol, we would welcome other choices when we feel we have reached our "healthy" limit for the day.  

Edited by SLSD

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

I will be interested in hearing if there are mocktails made without carbonated mixers.  While we do consume alcohol, we would welcome other choices when we feel we have reached our "healthy" limit for the day.  

Thanks to the new mocktails, the bartenders now have more zero proof spirits to work with. You can just talk to them to create whatever you want.

For me, most of the mocktails are still too sweet, because tonic water has sugar, the zero proof spirits themselves have sugar, some of the mixers have sugar, and not to mention the syrup. I just ask for the least sweet mocktail ingredient mixed with sparkling water and/or lemon juice.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 1:55 PM, sfvoyage said:

Thanks to the new mocktails, the bartenders now have more zero proof spirits to work with. You can just talk to them to create whatever you want.

For me, most of the mocktails are still too sweet, because tonic water has sugar, the zero proof spirits themselves have sugar, some of the mixers have sugar, and not to mention the syrup. I just ask for the least sweet mocktail ingredient mixed with sparkling water and/or lemon juice.

Very little  added sugar is important to me as well--for caloric considerations as well as other reasons.  Do the bars stock  plain apple juice as a mixer?