Allure show reservations question

We have not cruised yet on a ship that needed many show reservations.  I think we will need to make them on Allure.  First, which things will we need a reservation for?  Second, when will we be able to make them? Does the option to book eventually show up in my cruise planner or do you do it once you board? (Our cruise is at the end of January)

Cruise planner has been down. Have you checked online? Allure new short cruises I have read others are having issues booking shows.

I booked my nov 26 on harmony just last week. Yours might not open until after Nov 1st for dec. Start watching Nov 1 though could be a few days later.

Harmony we had to book from online, click planner, then scroll down to entertainment.. if you don't see entertainment at the bottom when online then it's not open. Watch your roll call, people will be posting it when they book. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimberlym4 said:

First, which things will we need a reservation for?  Second, when will we be able to make them? Does the option to book eventually show up in my cruise planner or do you do it once you board? (Our cruise is at the end of January)

I'll be on Allure in 17 days.

1. You can make reservations in the cruise planner for the ice show, aqua show, adult comedy, Mamma Mia, and "Blue Planet" (stage show). Reservations make things easier but you can also get into everything via a standby line and only the comedy show is iffy b/c the venue is so small.

2. Reservations usually open early in the month before your cruise (so December for you) but there's no set time like check-in.

Edited by OCSC Mike

We're on Allure in 26 and 29 days.  In mid-September, I was able to reserved seats for Momma Mia (don't miss it - its much better than you first imagine), Blades (ice shows are ALWAYS good), and Aqua Aria.  We Chose not to reserve the comedy show.  Check after midnight or the very first thing in the morning.  Use the phone ap and not your browser.  Check under "entertainment."

But the kicker is that we were only able to reserve shows on the first sailing.  We still cannot reserve the second sailing shows.

I don’t know if your sailing is 3 or 4 nights but here are the 3 night choices:

* Momma Mia - Day 1, 8pm; One other that we didn’t choose.

* Blades - Day 1, 8:15pm or10:15pm; Day 3, 7pm.

* Ocean Aria - Day 2, 10pm ; One other that we didn’t choose.

* Comedy – We did not book.

* I did not see Blue Planet for the 3 night sailing.

4 minutes ago, MD_Dan said:

I did not see Blue Planet for the 3 night sailing.

I was wondering how they'd fit everything into the short sailings. I'm on the 1st sailing from PC on 10/25 and it's a weird 5-nighter to get it on schedule for the 3/4's. It still has all the shows but I wouldn't be  surprised if Blue Planet disappears after that.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I didn't have an option for Blue Planet either for my 11/3 sailing .  Booked shows a couple of weeks ago.  I am also on the 11/6 sailing and there is no entertainment available yet to book

I walked out half way thru. It's about saving the planet I guess. The songs are ones that arent happy and catchy and couldnt understand them. In the background a couple of people did trampoline back and forth behind some rocks, nothing inspired like the aqua show. 

Half way thru a screen is supposed to come down. We had technical difficulties and the show just abruptly stopped. I left. A few super imposed pictures of things like whales I saw. Nothing great. I heard so many say one and done but wanted to see for myself. I didnt go back the 2nd week and I love musicals. I want toe tapping songs you heard of at least one song. Not something that is just wierd. One guy I met said hes on for 5 weeks and it was his 3rd time seeing it and he was starting to get it a little bit. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I walked out half way thru. It's about saving the planet I guess. The songs are ones that arent happy and catchy and couldnt understand them. In the background a couple of people did trampoline back and forth behind some rocks, nothing inspired like the aqua show. 

I'm not big on shows. Wife said we can skip that one so we are. We "think" we saw it in 2012 but I sure as hell don't remember. I'd rather watch an aqua show or ice show.

2 hours ago, MD_Dan said:

We're on Allure in 26 and 29 days.  In mid-September, I was able to reserved seats for Momma Mia (don't miss it - its much better than you first imagine), Blades (ice shows are ALWAYS good), and Aqua Aria.  We Chose not to reserve the comedy show.  Check after midnight or the very first thing in the morning.  Use the phone ap and not your browser.  Check under "entertainment."

But the kicker is that we were only able to reserve shows on the first sailing.  We still cannot reserve the second sailing shows.

I don’t know if your sailing is 3 or 4 nights but here are the 3 night choices:

* Momma Mia - Day 1, 8pm; One other that we didn’t choose.

* Blades - Day 1, 8:15pm or10:15pm; Day 3, 7pm.

* Ocean Aria - Day 2, 10pm ; One other that we didn’t choose.

* Comedy – We did not book.

* I did not see Blue Planet for the 3 night sailing.

Thanks so much!  We are on a 4 night sailing but I get the gist.  Weird that your second sailing booking yet.

17 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I love Mama Mia, The ice show & Blue Planet. Oceanaria is just okay, and really needs a remake like Oasis got with Aqua80. (Aqua70 would be nice LOL) I will be disappointed if they get rid of Blue Planet.

OceanAria and Blue Planet were to be replaced during the amplificaiton that was cancelled during Covid. Not sure if they will be eventually retired

Edited by NicNac4498
  • Like 1

ok... help me out... I barely know how to use this forum; I am sailing on dec 1st on allure. I really really want to see mama Mia. Did I miss out on booking this show or is it not open yet to book? When I look on my reservation (not in app) it says they are finishing up touches on entertainment or something like that.

ANY advice is helpful. 

TY

35 minutes ago, carey4612 said:

Did I miss out on booking this show or is it not open yet to book?

Entertainment reservations usually open early in the month before your sailing (so November for you). There’s no set time so just keep checking.

Also, FWIW, you’ll always be able to walk into Mamma Mia without a reservation anyway. I sail Allure in 16 days and could still book it for any of the show times right now. It’s the smaller shows where reservations are more convenient but you can even get into those via the standby line.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, reddifab said:

For a 4 night cruise, what time do the shows start? Referring to-  Blue Planet, Aqua Show, and Blades. 

Look in the app at the current sailing (should be a 4 day one) and it should list the show times. 

• Like 1