Playmakers: Are kids allowed?

11 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Bar stools are at the physical bar, just like on land, kids shouldn't really sit at the bar. They can sit around the bar at a table or stool...but in most states it's illegal for a kid to sit AT the bar. On a cruise, it's just the courteous thing to not let a kid take up a bar stool at the bar 

Ok. It’s illegal in the US. Are the ships following that law?

20 hours ago, George C said:

We are cruising on harmony the week after thanksgiving depending how that cruise goes including the amount of children we determine if we sail same ship same week next year , if not most likely MSc yacht club.

I think the time period between thanksgiving and Christmas is a sweet spot with very few kids, they were just off of school and have a long break in a few weeks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, molly361 said:

As a solo cruiser it's not easy to meet new people when sitting alone at a table.  Bar stools work for me

Some of the best conversations and most interesting people I have met on a cruise has been while seated at the bar alone.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I think the time period between thanksgiving and Christmas is a sweet spot with very few kids, they were just off of school and have a long break in a few weeks.

Normally that’s what we found but oasis class is different at least on one of my post thanksgiving there were loads of children, hopefully it won’t be too bad . 

On 10/8/2023 at 1:42 PM, trippen texan said:

kids cant go to bars. night clubs or lounges in Texas at night Kids on the ship at like the dance floors  act like it is a play ground so easy to trip over one, or step on them, mom and dad just turn them loose.When something happens mom and dad get mad. and here comes guards.

Actually, TABC disagrees.   They just can't order drinks.   
Now, some places will say 21+ because they reasonably don't want to bother with customers that can't drink.  

Of course that is Texas, which wasn't the question.  For example, I wouldn't expect the ship to allow parents to order a drink for their kid, as Texas allows.   

6 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Bar stools are at the physical bar, just like on land, kids shouldn't really sit at the bar. They can sit around the bar at a table or stool...but in most states it's illegal for a kid to sit AT the bar. On a cruise, it's just the courteous thing to not let a kid take up a bar stool at the bar 

In Wisconsin, where I grew up, the whole family sat at the bar. LOL

• Like 2