Yacht club Cabanas

wolft927

• 10 months later...

What about on the Meraviglia?  Are there extra ones you can rent for the day?  Seems like there are only a few? We need a little more shade than the normal lounge chairs due to having had skin Ca in the past.  TiA

42 minutes ago, Pat said:

What about on the Meraviglia?  Are there extra ones you can rent for the day?  Seems like there are only a few? We need a little more shade than the normal lounge chairs due to having had skin Ca in the past.  TiA

There is only 1 cabana that isn't reserved for the Royal Suites on Meraviglia. I don't know what the current daily rental rate is, though.

On 9/1/2024 at 7:12 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

There is only 1 cabana that isn't reserved for the Royal Suites on Meraviglia. I don't know what the current daily rental rate is, though.

It depends on sea day or day in port.

when we sailed Meraviglia last, (2022), it was $50 on port day and $100 on sea day.

If no one reserves it ,   I wonder if Concierge would  negotiate the rate?

On the Seashore two weeks ago the Cabana hoggers were in full swing!  Except for the Royal and Owner's Suites the Cabanas were first come, first served. Folks would play the "leave my sunscreen" game at 7am or earlier and not return for HOURS.  

• Thanks 2

On 9/1/2024 at 2:27 PM, Pat said:

Don't bother, the roof covering is flimsy cloth and offers little UV protection and becomes hotter than the normal sun loungers.  Seen many people throwing towels on top to improve the shade.

On our cruise they gave each Balcony cabin a 2 free cabana days with little takers..... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

Don't bother, the roof covering is flimsy cloth and offers little UV protection and becomes hotter than the normal sun loungers.  Seen many people throwing towels on top to improve the shade.

On our cruise they gave each Balcony cabin a 2 free cabana days with little takers..... 

Thanks!  Good to know before I waste the money.   I wish they had some loungers that were all shade, not all of us are sun worshippers but enjoy sitting outside. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pat said:

Thanks!  Good to know before I waste the money.   I wish they had some loungers that were all shade, not all of us are sun worshippers but enjoy sitting outside. 

You can try the Aurea sundeck maybe thats better. It definitely is the case on Seaside / Seaview.....not to sure about Seascape. 

Edited by mickey89
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Can't you ask the attendants to check on that and if they don't show after a half hour or hour take their stuff ? 

Unfortunately the attendants will not.  And can you imagine the hissy fit that might be thrown by the UBER special YC guests (sarcasm intended) if you touched THEIR cabana.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Please, please I beg of you to videotape it.  I can't wait to see the confrontation.

I am too camera shy.  

" You were sitting here?  Then how come I have been here for an hour and you have not complained once about how much I weigh?" 

• Haha 3

On 9/4/2024 at 6:29 AM, Pat said:

I moved a lounger over near the shower and the restroom to get some shade on the Meraviglia. A bonus was it was near a storage door that the staff used and every time it opened there was a burst of cold air. One staff member went through there quite a lot and was nice enough go close the door very slowly so I got extra air.

Laura

• Like 1