Website that displays airplane seating (good/bad)

EmmasNana

I used to have a website in my bookmarks that you could look up flights to view the seating good and bad. I have lost that along with all other bookmarked items. Does anyone have any clue as to what I am talking about? Please let me know what that site is if you know.

TIA!

2 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Yes, that was it!

Just don't make the mistake of using it.

The best seat maps currently available are on aerolopa.com. Although you have to work out for yourself what the advantages and disadvantages are of each seat, the accuracy of the seat maps means that most of this is pretty obvious. (Anything that SeatGuru said beyond the blindingly obvious was usually worthless, anyway - leaving aside the inaccuracy of its seat maps.)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

The best seat maps currently available are on aerolopascom. Although you have to work out for yourself what the advantages and disadvantages are of each seat, the accuracy of the seat maps means that most of this is pretty obvious. (Anything that SeatGuru said beyond the blindingly obvious was usually worthless, anyway - leaving aside the inaccuracy of its seat maps.)

We did make good use of Seat Guru in the past, but then stopped using it, probably due to your comments (among others), so thanks!

Alas, we stopped using all such guides recently:  Thanks Covid! 😡

I'll try to start getting used to aerolopa.com 

Hopefully our traveling days aren't over quite yet (although sadly, today isn't an auspicious day to be considering international travel...).

GC

20 hours ago, Globaliser said:

The best seat maps currently available are on aerolopa.com. Although you have to work out for yourself what the advantages and disadvantages are of each seat, the accuracy of the seat maps means that most of this is pretty obvious. (Anything that SeatGuru said beyond the blindingly obvious was usually worthless, anyway - leaving aside the inaccuracy of its seat maps.)

I will have to check it out, thanks.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:06 PM, Globaliser said:

Perhaps an unusual question but are the window locations on these maps accurate in relationship to the seats?

5 hours ago, ericosmith said:

Perhaps an unusual question but are the window locations on these maps accurate in relationship to the seats?

Yes, they are: aerolopa takes a lot of care to get these right (including often marking locations where there is a physical window but it's been blanked - for example see this map at rows 1, 7 and 10, comparing the opposite sides of the aircraft).

www.aerolopa.com is the go to now. Although it is up to you to determine if the seat will be good or not.

another decent website to use is www.seatmaps.com. it has similar works to SeatGuru but accurate. Also you will be able to find some non-major airlines and charter airlines on it.

Edited by Gizmo88
  • Thanks 1