Linking reservations

dickinson

Dh and I will be cruising next summer and someone we know has decided to join us.  I gave her my TA's info and she booked with them.  Is there a reason to link our reservations together?  Can we?  If so, does that mean when making MDR reservations on the app it will put us all together at the same table?  Would we also be able to see where she is on the ship if we are not doing the same thing and want to find her?

Thanks.  We have never cruised with others before.

1 minute ago, dickinson said:

Dh and I will be cruising next summer and someone we know has decided to join us.  I gave her my TA's info and she booked with them.  Is there a reason to link our reservations together?  Can we?  If so, does that mean when making MDR reservations on the app it will put us all together at the same table?  Would we also be able to see where she is on the ship if we are not doing the same thing and want to find her?

Thanks.  We have never cruised with others before.

Agency can link them or show you’re traveling together.

As far as DMW, you need their booking number and then when you book your MDR you can select your names and your friends names, you will book a private table for all of you or a shared table.  That is, if you want to dine together.

Yes, once on ship, you will enter your shipmates, with their booking number, they will accept you.  Then, you’ll be able to see where they are or vice versa, using yiur phone App or the kiosks around the ship.

6 minutes ago, dickinson said:

@PacnGoNow If I have their booking # can I do the MDR reservations without the TA linking them?  Is there a purpose of the TA linking the reservations?

Yes, you can do DMW as log as have each others booking numbers (I would cross-ref each way).  Besides using DMW to book a dining party of all of you, you can also use the locate feature to find them (and they you). 

The TA reservation link in POLAR has been there for eons.  It is useful in the sense that PCL knows you are traveling together.  A main usage before DMW was so you could have both cabins dining together in the days when the MD would setup the tables for Traditional Dining.  Of course, it wouldn't have mattered if you dined in AT style.  I wouldn't count on a cross-reference preventing PCL from upgrading one without the other. 

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, you can do DMW as log as have each others booking numbers (I would cross-ref each way).  Besides using DMW to book a dining party of all of you, you can also use the locate feature to find them (and they you). 

The TA reservation link in POLAR has been there for eons.  It is useful in the sense that PCL knows you are traveling together.  A main usage before DMW was so you could have both cabins dining together in the days when the MD would setup the tables for Traditional Dining.  Of course, it wouldn't have mattered if you dined in AT style.  I wouldn't count on a cross-reference preventing PCL from upgrading one without the other. 

Thanks.  So far we have never been upgraded.  Our friend has an inside across the hall from us so we would all not want to be upgraded!  

43 minutes ago, dickinson said:

@PacnGoNow If I have their booking # can I do the MDR reservations without the TA linking them?  Is there a purpose of the TA linking the reservations?

Yes you can. Your TA just cross references the bookings and PCL knows your traveling together.  
They don’t have to do that, but it may be helpful in some cases.

Example:  We were doing a 360 meal and because we had relatives traveling with us and cross referenced, they invited them also.

Another example:  If the party had any problems, like medical or onshore excursion was late, and they were trying to locate them, they would see if they were traveling with anyone.

So, up to you.

Edited by PacnGoNow

23 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Thanks.  So far we have never been upgraded.  Our friend has an inside across the hall from us so we would all not want to be upgraded!  

You can ask your TA to flag them as "no upgrades". The default is "open to upgrade" and I have seen it happen even though two reservations were flagged as traveling together.